Low-key...Miami sucks and is overrated

Thierry Henry

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Emirates Stadium
You always can tell the people that don't know anything about Miami. First thing out there mouth is SOBE. From Brickell to midtown. Plenty of clubs to lounges to events going on all the time. And it won't take you forever to get to them unlike NY.

Now I can't see somebody would want to move there.
yea as soon as a person says they're going to Miami, they're specifically talking about the south beach neighborhood of the city of miami beach :mjlol:

they never once step foot on the mainland, unless they go walk around wynwood

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Ain't ft lauderdale mad hood? :mjlol:

Lauderhill, Sunrise Blvd, and certain particular areas towards the west yeah... But nowhere near as many hoods as Miami. Only places in Miami that ain't hood are Aventura, Miami Beach, brickell, and coconut Grove. I'm sure I'm missing some spots , but those are the ones I remember

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
@Scott Larock Race issue because the usa let all them stankin ass Cubans in. Pretty much gave them the city so they hook each other up even if they are not qualified.

It's more of a covert/economic racism. Nothing like the racism in the south like GA, Carolina, Texas , etc. They know they will get their head cracked open with that shyt.

Miami is only good if you are super rich. Still wouldn't live there cuz it's too Latin now. Spanish is the#1 language. That shyt ain't never going to change. :scust:

Old Miami when I was coming up:wow:

Thierry Henry

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Emirates Stadium
Lauderhill, Sunrise Blvd, and certain particular areas towards the west yeah... But nowhere near as many hoods as Miami. Only places in Miami that ain't hood are Aventura, Miami Beach, brickell, and coconut Grove. I'm sure I'm missing some spots , but those are the ones I remember
I think it was earlier in this thread that it was talked about, but technically speaking Miami is a very small city according to the "city limits".

Aventura and Miami Beach are their own separate cities. But yea those cities ain't hood, rich Jewish people run both. Coconut Grove is part of Miami and it's split with a hood and a high income area. Brickell is also part of Miami and in those high-rise building is where you'll find the people with $$$. In the past like 5 years it's been wealthy South Americans and Europeans buying up all that real-estate.

You'll find some bad Venezuelan, Colombian, and Brazilian mamis in the bars/lounges/clubs there...but of course they're :mjpls:

and even then Wynwood is kinda :rudy:
Wynwood has been trash for like 2 years now

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
I think it was earlier in this thread that it was talked about, but technically speaking Miami is a very small city according to the "city limits".

Aventura and Miami Beach are their own separate cities. But yea those cities ain't hood, rich Jewish people run both. Coconut Grove is part of Miami and it's split with a hood and a high income area. Brickell is also part of Miami and in those high-rise building is where you'll find the people with $$$. In the past like 5 years it's been wealthy South Americans and Europeans buying up all that real-estate.

You'll find some bad Venezuelan, Colombian, and Brazilian mamis in the bars/lounges/clubs there...but of course they're :mjpls:

Wynwood has been trash for like 2 years now
Maybe for your ass. I never had problems with any of those women. Brazilian I never fukked with too much because they were way too cocky. The only real latins on that :mjpls: shyt is Cubans. And even I fukked quite a few in my youth, but I mainly fukked with the Colombianas :takedat: when I lived there.

Every place has a hood. But Miami is just so savage with it. Broward has hoods but not on that level. I would even say there are more nice areas than hoods in Broward vs Miami.

-----

This account was for entertainment purposes only.
Daps
Reppin
Paradise
nikkas gotta stop comparing NYC to these other cities. There's no fukking comparison. Cool you like where you live, but NYC is in another stratosphere as far as city life.

Manhattan yes. Not that bridge life though. Many places in the outerboros can be compared to life in other big cities.

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
Wynwood is exploding, that's all i know

in 5 years there will be litearally be a dense area of galleries, shops, restuarants, and events between Wynwood and the design district

Brickell is already becoming the south's Manhatten and one they are done with the two malls (bricklle and downtown) Miami is gonna explode even more. People are already leaving the beach to come visit wywood.

Edgewater is starting to pop and once they redo the omni and put some more events around there , it will be a great gateway and community between downtown and wynwood

then you have the more "chill" areas like Coral Gables (tarpon bend on thursdays and fridays is a mad house).

you have a caribbean population in kendall, el portal, and cutler bay area..

jewish populatin in aventura

you got the more down to earth latins up in Hialeah

and if you include the caribbean population in pembroke and miramar and all the events they do, Miami /south florida has really come up and is now starting to come in its own.
I'd take it a step further and say that the actual city of Miami is underrated, while Miami Beach is overrated. People underrate the ACTUAL Miami, because the notion that the "REAL" Miami is like some slummed out Rick Ross video. I've been hearing folks say the same ole' "South Beach is just a facade, the REAL Miami is dirty, poor and ugly".

While that does have SOME validity to it, they make it seem like Outside of Miami Beach, Dade County has nothing to offer. When in reality, the actual city of Miami is filled with cultural institutions, museums, galleries, urban neighborhoods that AREN'T just infested with Fiends and Flakka heads. Hell, even Little Haiti and it's reputation for being poor is overstated. Lil Haiti has a lovely Haitian-History museum and other cultural institutions. Overtown has the Lyric Theater, Little Havana is covered in History, Coconut Grove is one of the more unique and historic neighborhoods in the US, Coral Gables is something out of a canvas, Allapatah gives you Dominican culture undiluted, and Wynwood, Design District, Irondistrict, and Edgewater are filled with artist and creatives and all that crap. Downtown has the Perez Arts Museum, the Frost Science Museum and other cultural institutions.

As much as people Build up and hype up Miami, I think Miami's actual city-limits are underrated as far as finding things to do and as far as interesting neighborhoods go. And then the surrounding burbs in Dade County all have their own unique corridors..North Miami has the Modern Art Museum in it's downtown corridor, right next to the Haitian club.

These two posts is what I be tellin folks all the time

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Enjoy those 6ft away and no touching in LA strip clubs:scust:

I miss Tootsies :mjcry:

I felt that LA was lame compared to Miami. Too many damn rules about shyt that Miami could give two fukks about.
That is true. I mean economy-wise LA for sure but way of life, Miami bar-none.