Low-key...Miami sucks and is overrated

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
This is kinda of false. If you are talking about black american women in Miami. They are pretty much all ghetto.It wasn't that bad when I was coming up, but it's off glass now. So you going to choose ghetto over an exotic latina? No honestly you wouldn't. You wouldn't even pick a white broad over them period. The caribbean black chicks are bomb, but they moved out just like mostly everybody did. Tons of Haitians moved out of Miami too.

When people talk about diversity in Miami, they are talking about Caribbean, Latina, and Black American. Of course there were cacs, but most resided in Fort Lodi back when I was coming up. Miami was great when it had that mix.

I never really heard of Black American women of various shades a bad thing. I know Chi town has a lot and they get much love no matter where they go.

Like I said, I rather be in the ATL. MIA is only good for tourism.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Like I said, I rather be in the ATL. MIA is only good for tourism.
ATL is another very over rated city. I lived in ATL and found it very bible thumping, country, and gay. :yeshrug: The majority of the women not matter what race were over weight also.

Miami is now a Latin city and ATL is now a gay city. Boy has times have changed. :mjlol:

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
ATL is another very over rated city. I lived in ATL and found it very bible thumping, country, and gay. :yeshrug: Miami is now a Latin city and ATL is now a gay city. Boy has times have changed. :mjlol:

Well, I take my chances with the redbones living in the red dirt, over a Latin industry with no real industry that is overpriced. :manny:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
ATL is another very over rated city. I lived in ATL and found it very bible thumping, country, and gay. :yeshrug: The majority of the women not matter what race were over weight also.

Miami is now a Latin city and ATL is now a gay city. Boy has times have changed. :mjlol:
if ATL is gay, then what is Miami? A fukking Willy Wonka factory? :heh:

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Miami was never built off slavery. Open slavery was abolished bout time they came south of Gainesville.
Exactly. Miami didn't officially become a city until 1896, 31 years after the civil war.

Black Miami by Marvin Dunn is the documentary that tells Miami''s black history but the book is way better than the film. Miami and south Florida as a whole is filled with black history especially considering the fact that the reconstruction period basically gave birth to Broward. Dania and Hallandale were part of Miami at one point. Overtown is a shythole but you still have the historic lyric theater there, Jacksons soul food on 3rd ave, old Clyde pool hall on 2nd across from the lyric, you got the Hampton house in liberty city which is where mlk would frequent. MLK was always in liberty city with the black professionals and Malcolm was always in overtown for the most part and would frequent liberty city time to time. He was a key figure in building the mosque here on 7th ave. Liberty city is filled with culture, the African heritage cultural arts center, The Tacolcy center, Hampton house are all historical landmarks to any real Miami native. I wouldn't suggest you to go to the beans unless you know people there, but when you go to the eastern point of the beans, the wall that segregated the blacks from whites is still there but chopped down a bit. You got smoke signals studio in Lil Haiti on 46th, that's where my homie crib is at, many people from Mos Def, Saul Williams, Talib, David Banner, and other known people would hang there and even hold concerts and parties, you got the Little Haiti cultural center as well. Lots of these areas is being sadly gentrified. But there is tons of culture and history to Dade county, up north in Broward you have historical black communities like Sistrunk, Danie, Pompano, Liberia, the ranches, Hallandale, and Deerfield that have a lot of landmarks(some of these places you have to know someone from there because it could get spooky for you :merchant: ) but if you do research you'll find some dope history. As for social things to do, check out urbanMiami because they do showcase a lot of dope local events in the area besides the typical club life.
Palm Beach has some historically Black areas as well. Tamarind Ave corridor(watch out tho) Frog Alley in Delray Beach, Pearl City in Boca, The Mangonia Estates area in West Palm, Pinewood(West Palm) Osborne District in Lake Worth just to name a few.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Dark skinned black women > redbones with a southern accent >latinas.
What's lost on all this, is the fact that Greater Miami actually has one of the largest populations of Black people of any metro area in the nation. Blacks make up 25% of the tri-county area(about 1.2million). You got AA Women, Haitian Women, Jamaican Women, Bajan Women, and Afro Latinas all throughout South Florida. But hey, we're all c00ns for liking where we're from...

:mjgrin:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
@JahBuhLun
@Meh
@Dip
@mannyrs13

Black Miami barely covered Overtown like that, if you brehs is looking for a documentary that covers more in depth about overtown I'd Suggest these 2 docs

The first documentary basically shows more detail on the rise and fall of Overtown, as well as the disenfranchisement that this city has done to keep it from ever being a black mecca again. The 2nd documentary talks about Overtown's musical genre "Deep City" Which was a blend of Jazz, Caribbean rhythm, and the sounds of the FAMU Marching band

I just finished watching the 1st one. It was pretty interesting. Everything they discussed I already knew about. Miami's racist past(and present) isn't something that's lost on me. Oh, I KNOW about how they destroyed Overtown. But seeing some of the pics they showcased of Mansions and lovely apartment buildings that were once in an area folks now associate with drugs and murder, is quite amazing. Overtown looked like Baldwin Hills at one point. What was most interesting was how they mentioned that Black people fled from Overtown to Liberty City in the 20's and 30's when living conditions in Overtown deteriorated and it became overcrowded. But then they showcase Overtown had a Renaissance in the 40's and 50's that brought everybody back. Overtown became revitalized and thriving for about 2 decades before they built 95. White people gonna White people. Like they always do....

:martin:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
have you noticed all the asians coming?
They're trying to build a Chinatown near Lil Haiti. BUILD a Chinatown.

:mjlol:

You can't build an ethnic enclave, they just happen naturally. Miami tries to do too much sometimes.

:snoop:

But honestly, I think there's a bigger Asian influx in Broward County if anything.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
What's lost on all this, is the fact that Greater Miami actually has one of the largest populations of Black people of any metro area in the nation. Blacks make up 25% of the tri-county area(about 1.2million). You got AA Women, Haitian Women, Jamaican Women, Bajan Women, and Afro Latinas all throughout South Florida. But hey, we're all c00ns for liking where we're from...

:mjgrin:

Well, most brehs go after the white looking Latinas with fake bodies aka spicy Cacs. :coffee:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Wynwood is exploding, that's all i know

in 5 years there will be litearally be a dense area of galleries, shops, restuarants, and events between Wynwood and the design district

Brickell is already becoming the south's Manhatten and one they are done with the two malls (bricklle and downtown) Miami is gonna explode even more. People are already leaving the beach to come visit wywood.

Edgewater is starting to pop and once they redo the omni and put some more events around there , it will be a great gateway and community between downtown and wynwood

then you have the more "chill" areas like Coral Gables (tarpon bend on thursdays and fridays is a mad house).

you have a caribbean population in kendall, el portal, and cutler bay area..

jewish populatin in aventura

you got the more down to earth latins up in Hialeah

and if you include the caribbean population in pembroke and miramar and all the events they do, Miami /south florida has really come up and is now starting to come in its own.
It's funny, I was thinking about this the other day. Miami won't be the same city in about 10yrs. They're trying their damn hardest to transition from resort/party town, to Art/High-Culture Mecca. In 10yrs, the feeling won't be the same. There will be other cities that will replace Miami as a place to go to for partying/sex/drugs. Miami will get to a point where Party/Drug culture will be the anomaly/abnormal thing to do for the average tourist. For good or for bad, Miami is trying to get away from that rep.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Well, most brehs go after the white looking Latinas with fake bodies aka spicy Cacs. :coffee:
Miami has Black history that I'm very interested in. One of the things I've become obsessed with is, Historically Black districts and neighborhoods in cities that aren't typically associated with having Black people. ATL's cool for what it is. But LOVE researching Black history in cities like Miami/Seattle/Portland/Omaha, basically cities that aren't considered "Black Meccas". We know what ATL has to offer, but Black Miami is genuinely interesting. Just do you.....

:manny: