Louisiana looking like a straight up pro slavery state

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
This is bad, sad shyt is that all of america is fukked up for black people.when i was younger, I use to try to live in mainstream/white america. Found out that shyt aint for black folks. I'm much happier living around black folks, doing black people shyt and just surrounding myself in a black bubble.

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
DASw4eEUQAEhQNW.jpg

:what:

:snoop:

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps
I saw this when I worked for TDCJ. Prisons are sitting on 50-60 acres with crops, livestock, and all types of textile and craft shops.

It keeps them busy and at least they are able to learn something productive while locked up. Most of them have football numbers but going out to clean those gov't buildings is the closest they'll get to being apart of the outside world.

Plus the prison can use that labor to cut costs on purchasing from vendors.

You need mattresses or prison clothes? Create a textile shop.

Transport vehicles need repairs but the state won't put out money for it?
Open your own auto shop and teach the inmates how to repair shyt.

All those crops or livestock?
Process, butcher, and send it to the prisons so the inmates can cook it then eat it.

:yeshrug:

Dudes are already in prison locked up for some years, some deserve the time while other don't but at least while they are there we won't have to worry about them sitting around not doing shyt all day. I'm all for rehabilitation to avoid recidivism.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
I saw this when I worked for TDCJ. Prisons are sitting on 50-60 acres with crops, livestock, and all types of textile and craft shops.

It keeps them busy and at least they are able to learn something productive while locked up. Most of them have football numbers but going out to clean those gov't buildings is the closest they'll get to being apart of the outside world.

Process, butcher, and send it to the prisons so the inmates can cook it then eat it.

Dudes are already in prison locked up for some years, some deserve the time while other don't but at least while they are there we won't have to worry about them sitting around not doing shyt all day. I'm all for rehabilitation to avoid recidivism.
Nah nothing positive comes from that

When u make incarceration a profit driven industry
U have racist doing all they can to keep the prisons filled

To keep as much of the profits as possible the prisons don't provide shyt to the inmates
And then use the inmates to work not only for the prison and state but also commercial companies for slave wages

:dead:

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps
Nah nothing positive comes from that

When u make incarceration a profit driven industry
U have racist doing all they can to keep the prisons filled

To keep as much of the profits as possible the prisons don't provide shyt to the inmates
And then use the inmates to work not only for the prison and state but also commercial companies for slave wages

:dead:
We do need a change to how people are sentenced, especially when most never get to trial. They just accept a plea deal and do their time. Others are getting trumped up charges for bullshyt like marijuana possession or just being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

But, once they are in there what do you suggest we do?

I can't even agree with paying minimum wage when they are still being housed, fed, and clothed ,although it is basic necessities, for free unless they are going to deduct that from their pay as well.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
We do need a change to how people are sentenced, especially when most never get to trial. They just accept a plea deal and do their time. Others are getting trumped up charges for bullshyt like marijuana possession or just being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

But, once they are in there what do you suggest we do?

I can't even agree with paying minimum wage when they are still being housed, fed, and clothed ,although it is basic necessities, for free unless they are going to deduct that from their pay as well.
The prison industrial complex as a whole needs to explode

No fukking way should incarceration of US citizens be handled by private corporations

No way should incarceration be the priority over rehabilitation

No way should u get more time for drugs than murder
No way should one race be targeted for incarceration

Last edited:
Daps

You are defeated.