Louisiana looking like a straight up pro slavery state

Tombstone

The Villain
Daps
Reppin
College Park, GA
shyt. I really don't even want to know...that is how miserable those places are and albeit worse off too. :hhh:
Bruhs need to look up the Black Belt counties. ALA Missippi. etc. those southern states.

Most economically deprived black communities who cacs also purposely shut down voting spots so they cant vote or have to drive to a different county vote. They're slowly shutting down places to vote in poorer counties.

BrokePhiBroke

Superstar
Daps
girl i swear i contemplate establishing some temporary residency just to vote against that fukk Guzman.
even under recievreship OPP or whatever they want to call it now is still dangerous trash.

and yes since the pd office is so overfunded overworked people are taking guilty plea bargains just to get out
with time served since theyve already been in there for months a year plus for some petty offense or accusation
:scust:
i wont ever forgive that fukk for leaving everyone to die in OPP and even bringing prisoners in from other parishes
They fukked over them ten fold during Katrina. Had those people still in the cell during rising waters. Some people who were in for minor traffic tickets got lost in the system and went from jail to prison bc records not being found and unorganization.

:hhh:
I don't like how these men and women are getting done. They done pushed my brother case back so much he's been locked up since 16. He's 31. My own case of terror is not being dealt with accordingly. They tried to give the person who done me evil a plea and insulted me with the plea.

The only reason I'm even staying another year is to close my own personal case and make sure everything set straight with family. Unfortunately I won't be able to see my brother often but I'm praying he finally get into court.

Last edited:

Freedman

Choppers For Karate Nggas
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
="Keith Idol, post: 24730590, member: 2904"
There's a lot of institutional oppression but the sad part is that a lot of the problems are perpetuated by black folks down there. They know the system is rigged and are voluntary participants in it. Dudes doing dumb shyt and catching charges for little to no reason and not trying to get any sort of education or job training. Folks literally celebrating ignorance talking about how they'll go "retarded" and "dumb"

Quoted for the truth bro. This is what hurts me the most. Back in the 50s they used to hang black folks now they just give us the rope (drugs ,guns, poverty) and we pretty much hang ourselves. I hate this whole culture here how it's cool to be stupid and dudes being cool with just being broke and not having shyt.

Pitfalls0117

Invokana Trump
Daps
Reppin
NJ->BOS->DC
The people running the show down in LA (prosecutors, parish officials, sheriffs, politicians, business owners profiting off prisoner labor) need to held accountable for this, and I'm not talking about boycotts or protests or any bullshyt like that :demonic:

Angola is a demonic place. Just reading about it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.
You know how bad it must be if this was how prisoners decided to protest their conditions:

"This wasn’t the first demonstration by prisoners at Angola. In 1952, 31 inmates cut their Achilles tendons to protest the brutality and hard work of the prison."
Surviving Members of Angola 3 Deliver Talk at Lakehead University

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
the governor now is trying to push some prison/ justice system reform
[more so from a financial necessity than any other reason]
you can imagine the R dominated state officials arent really going for it
even the ones who are going for it
are up against a really strong corrections/ da lobby

NO had to suspend Public defenders other than for capital crimes
because the budget isnt there
a new rule just passed to increase probation fees so they can even pay the POs
big debate about making parole eligible elderly people
etc.

if it werent for New Orleans and my feelings towards my Black
brothers and sisters who are basically trapped there
i would never spend another penny in Louisiana

:francis:

Glad you said this. Actually, the some R's are good with this because they hate the world most incarcerated place.
Unfortunately, it's the sheriff and DA are pushing back.

Nor is it encouraging that exhaustive compromise negotiations in the Legislature were required. The original bills, blessed by the large majority of members of the bipartisan task force, were ambushed in a late-blooming political offensive by district attorneys and sheriffs, some of whom finance their operations with per-diem allocations for keeping state inmates. That resulted in watered-down versions of proposed changes in parole policies, and also in sentencing reforms.

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
and people ask me why i wont move back home:beli:

soon as i joined the military i bounced and never looked back, i go home 2/3 times a yr to visit family,get some good food and then i'm out.i don't really let people know i'm there until i'm on my way out.

louisiana isnt gone change no time soon,but there's a reason hurricanes hit us worse than anywhere else. f'n state is cursed

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I live in Baton Rouge...yea there is a lot of bad shyt here.....

but look...cats can avoid a lot of this shyt if they stay out of the system....

cats are out here killing robbing dealing...and getting sent to prison....

once you get convicted you are at their mercy.....

keep your record clean and you dont have to worry about this

Do you know there are crook cops out there?.

You better get the fukk out of that racist place and leave different state.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i just watched a documentary on angola last month, its a straight horror story. there's several documentaries/shows on netflix about it, please check it out

Name of the documentary? Is it Angola or what?