Losing my private office at work this week :damn:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
real talk. my company had a merger a couple years ago and now they're consolidating and closing offices. meaning my dept gotta share offices cuz other folks are moving here cuz they closed their office.

:damn:

I know ya'll gonna say I need to get some certs and shyt but anyways, I have had my own office at my jobs since 2005 between my last couple jobs. I'm going back to that cublicle life :noah:

hell I had my own office even back when I was making dogshyt wages

I could potentially have to share a bathroom......:snoop:

on a positive note, for my job, we are sposed to have a team of 4, but there's only me. so while I am going to cubicles, I'm gonna still have my own BIGGER office except it will have unoccupied cubicles, and a couch and conference table :yeshrug:

but really who cares? I am having a 2nd interview this for a job that's gonna pay me almost 10K more a year and allow me to work from the crib every day, so ya boy might end up :win: in the end anyways.

however, I'm still not in the six figure club like ya'll IT dudes :sadcam:

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
10k more...arent you married with 5 mouths to feed

neglect certs at your prime years brehs

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
real talk. my company had a merger a couple years ago and now they're consolidating and closing offices. meaning my dept gotta share offices cuz other folks are moving here cuz they closed their office.

:damn:

I know ya'll gonna say I need to get some certs and shyt but anyways, I have had my own office at my jobs since 2005 between my last couple jobs. I'm going back to that cublicle life :noah:

hell I had my own office even back when I was making dogshyt wages

I could potentially have to share a bathroom......:snoop:

on a positive note, for my job, we are sposed to have a team of 4, but there's only me. so while I am going to cubicles, I'm gonna still have my own BIGGER office except it will have unoccupied cubicles, and a couch and conference table :yeshrug:

but really who cares? I am having a 2nd interview this for a job that's gonna pay me almost 10K more a year and allow me to work from the crib every day, so ya boy might end up :win: in the end anyways.

however, I'm still not in the six figure club like ya'll IT dudes :sadcam:
what type of job is it?

M617

retired
Supporter
Daps
id be pissed as fukk you get so comfortable then comes along your worst nightmare

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
so let's recap here:

1. they built cubicles in most of the offices on my floor now.
  2. they moved me out my office to my bosses office next door which is 2 times bigger and has a couch and conference table, but has cubicles
  3. my company has a hiring freeze, so they don't have ANYONE to put in said cubicles anyways :laff:.

so basically all the people who lost their office still have their own office with cubicles.

what a retarded waste of money/resources :snoop:

and by large, I mean my new office is 500 over square ft, with a personal bathroom, and I have a window view :heh:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Working from home is worst. I enjoy getting out to work but that's just me. It's even worst when ur a family man. You need them couple hours away from home to recuperate from home life.

working at home is better for me due to my commute on the days I have to come to the office. if I had a 30 min or less commute each way, I woulnd't give a shyt. but my current commute is :trash:

plus, I'd rather allocate my commute time and fuel savings elsewhere than traveling to and from the gig.