Los Angeles school board votes to ban smartphones

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
it's ironic too cus alot of these young people have absolutely shyt actual tech skills despite always being online.

Back in my day...they said that the kids who grew up with the internet/computers would be "digital natives"....

But UX/UI has gotten so "good" that a lot of them don't understand stuff like how to save a document on a drive other than the default.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I read an article a month or so back about a school that banned phones through out the day. They would take phones up at the beginning and put them in those bags they use at comedy shows. Give them back at the end of the day.

Students pitched a fit at first but ended up liking being phone free. I think grades improved as well as social interactions, amongst students.

Parents were tripping talking bout how they gone reach they kids if some happen. Uh, the school has a telephone? 🤣

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
I had to take my daughter’s phone a few weeks back…these kids are not ready. Hell most adults aren’t ready for it either but I seriously regret even entertaining it for years because her peers had iPhones and shyt. I really tried to be fair and slowly give her more access…mind you her shyt was heavily locked down, no social media, browser and she still found a way to fukk it up. That’s all she wanted to do is stare at her screen all day and she found some “boy” of Roblox…yeah fukk that give these kids flip phones with no internet.

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West
I honestly think people are addicted to their phones - like meth/heroin/nicotine.
That's on top of people being addicted to the internet.
i definitely an i be having to put my phone across the room to watch a show without opening my phone. even when its across the room im still reaching for it like its next to me. :mjlol:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
it's ironic too cus alot of these young people have absolutely shyt actual tech skills despite always being online.
The phones and online console gaming are why

No effort to get online

They never installed a game and couldn't play it because their PC didnt meet system requirements and it shows

Last edited:

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West
Definitely. Don't ban them because that would make people mad, parents included. They should not be allowed in class though. Should be automatic suspension imo.
automatic suspension is crazy and counterproductive. you want them to be attentive in class so you’re gonna remove them from the class instead? :mjlol: