Lord of The Rings: Rings of Power TV Series - Season 2 (August. 29. 2024/Official Thread)

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Elves in middle earth can die (under certain circumstances, like for example if they stay long enough or if their light fades (due to darkness)).

Isn't that that why they chipped and left middle earth at the end of Era 3. Isn't that why the are always concerned about losing the light?

Wasn't Numenor and Elves to do with going west (away from middle earth) rather than east - i.e. concerning elves in middle earth.
Yes technically they aren't completely immortal, there are only two things that can kill elves, fatal wounds and basically what amounts to depression...They can't die from aging or diseases, there is no decaying trees that kills elves, that is all made up total nonsense...

I'm not going to spoiler this since the show has nothing to do with the books...

In the books, Sauron forges the one ring in secret and destroys Eregion...In response to that, Ar-Pharazon sailed his army east to ME to defend Lindon and then marched them straight into Mordor...Sauron knew he could not defeat that massive army, he came down from Barad-dur in his fair form known as Annatar, he bent the knee without a fight and was then taken captive to Numenor (the show already ruined this entire story arc)...Annatar begins spinning lies into king Ar-Pharazons ear about how unfair it is elves are basically immortal and can't die from old age like men...He convinces Ar-Pharazon to break the Ban of the Valar (Numenoreans were banned from sailing west of their island) to achieve immortality in Aman. The Valar feared the Numenoreans would destroy Valinor but they were forbidden from using force against men. The Valar called upon Eru Iluvatar (the one god of ME) to intervene and he responded by drowning Numenor into the sea.

Ill-Yaz

FA Cup winning fan
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is better than House of Dragon right which respectively was the drizzling shyts?

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
I quit after the second episode and have no plans of ever watching the rest of this trash.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
House of Dragons is far and above better than this....even with the woke nonsense, it performed better, while staying true to the source material...albeit Damon being a bit too maniacal, I'll take it. The Diaphram of Power is a travesty, Tolkien doing cartwheels in his grave.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
House of Dragons is far and above better than this....even with the woke nonsense, it performed better, while staying true to the source material...albeit Damon being a bit too maniacal, I'll take it. The Diaphram of Power is a travesty, Tolkien doing cartwheels in his grave.

What "woke nonsense" is in HOTD, please clarify for us.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The lgtb stuff and no one can be cersi or season 8 Sansa
The gay characters in the show are gay in the book. Furthermore the appearance of gay people in a show isn't woke. Finally, Cersei Lannister is compared to Alicent Hightower in the books.

There's nothing woke about the show and the only people hurling that phrase around randomly are white boys...

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
The gay characters in the show are gay in the book. Furthermore the appearance of gay people in a show isn't woke. Finally, Cersei Lannister is compared to Alicent Hightower in the books.

There's nothing woke about the show and the only people hurling that phrase around randomly are white boys...
Alicent is definitively a villian in the book, on the show she's not.

The gay stuff I can't get into without out spoiling so I can't get to ot