Lord of The Rings: Rings of Power TV Series - Season 2 (August. 29. 2024/Official Thread)

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Hold up.... werewolves and vampires is in the Silmarillion?

On another note, them not being able to tell that part of the story is limiting the show IMO. This past episode wasn't great...lost a lot of the momentum they built with episode 3

Yea from what I remember of the little I read, plus some wiki sources both Morgoth and Sauron were in command of legions of orcs and trolls for the grunts, but the shock troops were werewolves and vampires, and they could both shapeshift into werewolves or vampires. They also had a bunch of dragons to command and the giant spiders, and also balrogs and easterlings :mjpls:

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea from what I remember of the little I read, plus some wiki sources both Morgoth and Sauron were in command of legions of orcs and trolls for the grunts, but the shock troops were werewolves and vampires, and they could both shapeshift into werewolves or vampires. They also had a bunch of dragons to command and the giant spiders, and also balrogs and easterlings :mjpls:
Yeah but the elf's really put in work killing alot them off in the first age:demonic: to were when sauron take on the role of dark lord all he had was legions of orcs, trolls,fell beasts and easterlings :mjpls: sauron dark lord army was really :flabbynsick: compare to Morgoth when you think about it.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Yeah but the elf's really put in work killing alot them off in the first age:demonic: to were when sauron take on the role of dark lord all he had was legions of orcs, trolls,fell beasts and easterlings :mjpls: sauron dark lord army was really :flabbynsick: compare to Morgoth when you think about it.

First age war tv show would be so dope but I guess the rights cost too much. Alot of shyt happens in the second age though so theres still potential... in the first age would be some Endgame level battles happening.

Oh one more thing breh, is the "giant" with the Harfoots an Istari or something else? Put it in spoilers for me please Im just feeling like that thread is spinning kinda slow

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA

See this is the fukking movie/show we need. A bunch of elite elfs killing horror movie ghouls. Wonder why they aren't relinquishing the rights 🤔

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First age war tv show would be so dope but I guess the rights cost too much. Alot of shyt happens in the second age though so theres still potential... in the first age would be some Endgame level battles happening.

Oh one more thing breh, is the "giant" with the Harfoots an Istari or something else? Put it in spoilers for me please Im just feeling like that thread is spinning kinda slow
Yes I think in term of the lore he could be one half of the blue wizards that was avtive in the second agehttps://lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Blue_Wizards

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Yes
werewolves
vampires
This lore is way cooler than anything I've seen so far

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
It’s was mediocre to say the least.
Galadriel is the worst character in this show.

Read it at your own risk:
It’s pretty obvious by now that Halbrand is Sauron. It leaked a couple of months ago on reddit.
Episode 4 confirms this theory even more.

They think they're being clever having him mimic Aragorn from the films to throw people off but its dumb obvious...

This episode was the last for me...

110 pound Karen strong arming 4 armored Numenorean guards on her way to speak to the manager...Two of them literally walked they asses into the jail cell...:dead:

The South Park they took our jobs speech complete with Al-Pharazon acting like Trump...:heh:

Visuals, Arod-elf and the orcs aside, this is a total disaster...

Last edited:

Daio

PS_UMTS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Little Rock
I've never read any books but I know Galadriel can use magic. . . is she going to?

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've never read any books but I know Galadriel can use magic. . . is she going to?
At this point time in the show in I don't think we will be seeing her use her magic powers much in the books it was not intil the rings of powers were make when she start to use magic more openly :jbhmm:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
First episode is slow and will be a struggle to get through unless you're a massive LOTR fan. Second episode is much better and the pacing picks up considerably.
Massive fan? I aint even a big fan and episode 1 was easy to get thru.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
again.. why are people comparing this and House of the Dragon? They are almost entirely a different genre. They both have "fantasy" elements and that's where the similarities stop..

british accents + british actors + british rural society + british feudal society + british (empire) landscapes everywhere
charles.png

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Man finally caught up on the last episode, was the best one yet imo and this show is incredible.

Probably preferred it because the Harfoots weren't in it :yeshrug:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Probably not because women need to be masculine with sword and shields to be strong according to modern Hollywood standards...

In the books at this time Galadriel is 2000 years old and had underwent training with Melian who was a maia (wizards like Gandalf)...

She has no use whatsoever for a sword and shield in the timeline this show take place which is why a lot of fans are pissed off...

When she receives a ring she becomes even more powerful, I believe in the third age she's the 4th most powerful being in Middle Earth...

Last edited: