Lord of The Rings: Rings of Power TV Series - Season 2 (August. 29. 2024/Official Thread)

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
:jbhmm: I try not to spoil it for ya but the main plot is Galadriel is searching for evidences that Sauron is still active because the elves think he dead and gone everything your seeing is building up to the second coming of Sauron and is army of doom:demonic:

So Im a bit confused, Morgoth was the OG dark lord but he was defeated when everybody cliqued up and that was like 2 thousand years ago. But Sauron is already the new dark lord in this timeline and was defeated once? So Sauron was defeated how many times, like 3? Cause this shyt takes place a thousand something years before the movies just off some of the human characters being introduced

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Im a bit confused, Morgoth was the OG dark lord but he was defeated when everybody cliqued up and that was like 2 thousand years ago. But Sauron is already the new dark lord in this timeline and was defeated once? So Sauron was defeated how many times, like 3? Cause this shyt takes place a thousand something years before the movies just off some of the human characters being introduced
:jbhmm: sauron was really only beating two time in a big way. right now at this point in the timeline of the show he is try to build a power basic he at this point has not claim to be the dark lord yet he wont do that I think intil he forge the rings of powers and the elf's go to war with him.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
:jbhmm: sauron was really only beating two time in a big way. right now at this point in the timeline of the show he is try to build a power basic he at this point has not claim to be the dark lord yet he wont do that I think intil he forge the rings of powers and the elf's go to war with him.

Right thats what I would think but Galadriel did mention that once she decrypted the map that they were mentioning the contingency plan in case of Morgoths defeat was falling back to the Southlands and build a base there, which we can presume is eventually Mordor... thats why Im confused like, why is everybody name dropping Sauron, Sauron already had the juice like that in the second age? Or are they just doing some new shyt cause I never read the Silmarils entirely but I did read the The Hobbit+Trilogy like 2 times and I dont remember it being like that

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Dude looks like former mlb player A Rod.

170px-A-Rod2_adjusted.jpg
Someone in this thread named him Elf-rod:dead: I love these Coli nicknames

Last edited:

altruicsense

Lord of the 7 Kingdoms
Daps
Reppin
Westeros
Wassup with the race baiting....we can't enjoy the show without some racism being thrown in our face
full

White Elves, Black Elves, we all bleed the same color.....which is red....Can't we Elves all just get along:mjcry:

yo if they make Sauron asian the internet will break.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Right thats what I would think but Galadriel did mention that once she decrypted the map that they were mentioning the contingency plan in case of Morgoths defeat was falling back to the Southlands and build a base there, which we can presume is eventually Mordor... thats why Im confused like, why is everybody name dropping Sauron, Sauron already had the juice like that in the second age? Or are they just doing some new shyt cause I never read the Silmarils entirely but I did read the The Hobbit+Trilogy like 2 times and I dont remember it being like that
:jbhmm: No not in the beginning of the second age sauron was just the last of morgoth follwers left alive that was still up and about compare to some of the other name followers he was not thought of as that big of a threat it why the elf's were :yeshrug:at galadriel was saying he was still on middle earth all of morgoth big heavy hitter followers were dead.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As the big bad guy? Two. But the "good defeats evil against all the odds" is kind of the whole point of LOTR.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
:jbhmm: No not in the beginning of the second age sauron was just the last of morgoth follwers left alive that was still up and about compare to some of the other name followers he was not thought of as that big of a threat it why the elf's were :yeshrug:at galadriel was saying he was still on middle earth all of morgoth big heavy hitter followers were dead.

So were not gonna see the dragon Ancalagon the black, Ungoliant, the Werewolf and Vampire lords in any capacity in this series

Well that fukking sucks

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
So were not gonna see the dragon Ancalagon the black, Ungoliant, the Werewolf and Vampire lords in any capacity in this series

Well that fukking sucks

Hold up.... werewolves and vampires is in the Silmarillion?

On another note, them not being able to tell that part of the story is limiting the show IMO. This past episode wasn't great...lost a lot of the momentum they built with episode 3

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hold up.... werewolves and vampires is in the Silmarillion?

On another note, them not being able to tell that part of the story is limiting the show IMO. This past episode wasn't great...lost a lot of the momentum they built with episode 3
Yes
werewolves
vampires

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
It’s was mediocre to say the least.
Galadriel is the worst character in this show.

Read it at your own risk:
It’s pretty obvious by now that Halbrand is Sauron. It leaked a couple of months ago on reddit.
Episode 4 confirms this theory even more.

The thing that you're calling "SO OBVIOUS!" is only really obvious if you've been spoiled on it :francis: