Lord of The Rings: Rings of Power TV Series - Season 2 (August. 29. 2024/Official Thread)

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
This last episode was not good.
Galadriel is the worst. Just bad one dimensional writing and bad acting.
I do like the dwarves a lot so far, though. Thats about it. Seeing the singing made the rocks vibrate was pretty cool. Neat concept. I think once Arondir (?) gets established he'll be cool to follow. He just needs more character development. So far he's just been running around with that same look stuck on his face.

I feel like I really want to give up on this show, but it's just so visually well put together. Really easy to just sit down and watch, even if I'm not enjoying the story. I feel like I'm just rooting for the writing to turn around to justify putting this on every week. At the very least I'm hoping they might take all the criticism it's receiving and fix it up for the next season. It has so much potential, especially with the massive budget they were given.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
This show is wack

There is nothing interesting about this or memorable....and it been 4 hours of footage??

These characters have no depth....no God dialog amongst each other

This looks like a GOT knock off with a large budget

• Dap
Reactions: Guv

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
I mean I feel like I’m literally watching a live action jrpg. I’ve never read the books just saw the movies.

Easily the greatest show I’ve seen in my life. Superb action. Beautiful cinematography like the island sea city scenes :ohmy:

The acting is incredible. Better than house of the dragon easily.

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Ok so ill say cuz yall cant. The shyt ain't half bad. Ep 4 was good tbh. Yea the Galadriel character is annoying and of course the shyt aint canon but it ain't trash. I like how they touched on how the Dwarves greed had them digging too deep..thats IS Canon. If im not mistaken the dwarves unleashed a Balrog in moria cuz they dug to deep. Thats why Durin the King wanted them to stop. He knows. Durin and his Pops :wow:...Elrond talking about his father:mjcry:

the "Typical Isildur...always walking away" quote...a foreshadowing of him walking away with the ring.

The dream sequence of the flood of numenor. Its a lotta cool shyt in ep 4.

Last edited:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There is nothing wrong with the actress playing Galadriel's acting - now the writing and the direction on the other hand...

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm halfway through the 4th episode and it has been fine but I feel like every episode has 2-3 scenes which really stick out like a sore thumb. This scene with Isildur on the scene just feels so rushed in terms of his story development - it doesn't fit at all with what we have seen in the previous episodes and his story arc.

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The more i watch these fictional worlds the more i realize our own history is much iller than these made up shyts.
Well tbh most all this is based of our own history biblically especially Genesis. The two trees of the garden of eden(two trees of valinor). The one God who created angelic beings who left their proper place to dwell among humans(the valar). The offspring (the elves basically demi gods or nephilim tho they could die unlike the Valar) The Maiar (messenger angelic beings tasked to watch over the meek and helpless like hobbits) Melkor the Valar who became the first enemy morgoth aka the devil. Sauron was a Maiar as well originally for Yavanna one of the Valar but now searves Melkor. Thats why The Silmarillion is what we really want.

Last edited:

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Well tbh most all this is based of our own history biblically especially Genesis. The two trees of the garden of eden(two trees of valinor). The one God who created angelic beings who left their proper place to dwell among humans(the valar). The offspring (the elves basically demi gods or nephilim tho they could die unlike the Valar) The Maiar (messenger angelic beings tasked to watch over the meek and helpless like hobbits) Melkor the Valar who became the first enemy morgoth aka the devil. Thats why The Silmarillion is what we really want.
Well yea thats why i said that. I rather see the real thing than this. The more i watch it snd see the commecting themes, the less it becomes to me. Paradise lost would be a great show. And yea silmarilliom sounds much iller than this.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Yea, this show could've done a better job keeping us engaged. So far the presented stakes are a bit mid and predictable... which is fine if (1) the action is on point and (2) the downtime in-between gets us invested in the character's intrinsic motivations. The latter is where it kinda falls flat imo.

i.e. a typical stake is: "will this character (who we just met and know needs to survive) survive this encounter?" Well duh. But with the breh-elf, we at least get good action out of it to the where i'd say his story arc is the best so far... however i doubt many viewers care if he ends up with the single mom or if she dies.

With his type of stoic batman personality, it would've been better to pair him up with a Selina Kyle thief/mercenary type; have her be the one who actually stole/is hiding the hilt, unbeknownst to him.

The cacelf and the dwarf... could've just made the cacelf a straight up two-faced infiltrator sent to destabilize the dwarves for their vibranium. But tbf, i get its a slow grind to the main plot so maybe in due time there will be greater payoff/engagement with how they've set things up.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
forget the "outrage" over *gasp* black people being on this show, I'm more outraged they just have some normal ass looking teenage kid named "Theo" eating up major screen time. Some normal kid named Theo is taking me out of this show, not 4 minutes of a black dwarf.

there are far too many dudes on this show. and chicks too. it's just a shytload of actual people, then they'll cut to orcs for 2 minutes and they're fighting the elf who still kinda looks like a dude. then we go back to Galadrial, who just looks like a fair skinned chick and she's with a bunch of dudes. this is dumb criticism, but i never felt that way in the movies. the movies were way more fantastical. also, i don't think the sets on this show are very impressive for the billion they spent.