Lord of The Rings: Rings of Power TV Series - Season 2 (August. 29. 2024/Official Thread)

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
By the sound of things this has Netflix Witcher level pacing and all over the place-ness.

I'm also seeing people complaining about political commentary or something.
Nah, they just bothered to see non-white faces in their fantasies. It wasn't even a big deal. It's one of those "hmmm" moments when you see a non-white elf and then your brain moves on and you accept it as part of the story. It's really not a big deal. I mean we're talking about dwarves and elves.

It's not the usual thing we've seen 100x in the past so there's always gonna be resistance. Big deal. The major question for the underlying issue is, "is the Tolkien world based on a white world?". Tolkien wrote that shyt during his time in England surrounded by nothing but white folks so I bet in his head, the world he created reflected that.

Is it so wrong to switch up the characters a bit? I'm sure he didn't imagine lots of details that were added or changed in the original LOTR movies. Do we have to keep it white to be true to his story?

There are Chinese mythologies too. If they make a TV series out of them and switched up characters to white and black, would that be an issue? I think Tolkien world has grown the point of surpassing cultural boundaries so I say yes, it's fine for Tolkien world but not yet okay for culture -based fantasies. Maybe one day..

Like Dragonball Z is heavily influenced by Asian mythologies. If it grows to a certain point. Like up to Pokemon level of infiltration, I would be fine with India's Bollywood making an Indian version of Dragonball Z and maybe Amazon Prime making a Dragonball Z with all types of ethnicities if gets to that level. At a certain point, the story starts to belong to the world and not just that one culture.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hold up Shadow or Mordor/War is canon?! :gladbron:So I need to be IN?!
nah but shadow and Mordor/War will gave clues to where the story is heading I trying not to say too much but I think if this show can least go on to three season you will get a backstory behind the people who held the rings of power and how sauron came to power in mordor. cause this is really what this show is about seeing sauron getting back in to power and how he did if play the game than you seen some of it already ready to a point .

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Hold up Shadow or Mordor/War is canon?! :gladbron:So I need to be IN?!
It's not canon, for a very long list of reasons that I'm sure superfans would love to smack you over the head with.
But the forging of the rings is, so you get to witness why creating the rings in the first place was a terrible idea :manny:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
It's not canon, for a very long list of reasons that I'm sure superfans would love to smack you over the head with.
But the forging of the rings is, so you get to witness why creating the rings in the first place was a terrible idea :manny:
I know some of the LOTR material I just loved the game series so I was hoping we'd get Talion at some point. Celebrimbor existing in live action is dope though:ohhh:

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know some of the LOTR material I just loved the game series so I was hoping we'd get Talion at some point. Celebrimbor existing in live action is dope though:ohhh:
:jbhmm: gave what look to be elf breh story line in this show i think he as close as your going to get:patrice:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Elves are physically stronger than most them dudes though. Galandriel is like 4-5 thousand years old in this and feel it’s safe to assume the rest of the elves with her are too. And tbf, that troll was fukking them up when it got the jump on them. They’re just super durable.

I’m not huge on LOTR and am kinda a hater tbh, but feel like that’s a pretty reasonable fight. I dunno. I just like the show and that actress is doing a solid job I think
I was even asking my cousin if they had super strength or something

but seeing now that she was climbing icy mountains, swimming in an open ocean or punching through walls of solid ice that elves are obviously a bit more durable than men, along with rigorous training. They seem more like super soldiers

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
I was even asking my cousin if they had super strength or something

but seeing now that she was climbing icy mountains, swimming in an open ocean or punching through walls of solid ice that elves are obviously a bit more durable than men, along with rigorous training. They seem more like super soldiers
Yea I forget in the Tolkienverse, Elves are pointy eared Rambos :damn:

Folks swear Elves arent :mjpls:
But time and again they are said to be the wisest and the strongest of all the races :mjpls:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Yea I forget in the Tolkienverse, Elves are pointy eared Rambos :damn:

Folks swear Elves arent :mjpls:
But time and again they are said to be the wisest and the strongest of all the races :mjpls:
white skin, blue eyes and long white hair the stongest huh? :mjpls:

but to be fair, Legolas had a lot of hands in fellowship. I aint watch The Hobbit in all honesty but this :wow:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
white skin, blue eyes and long white hair the stongest huh? :mjpls:

but to be fair, Legolas had a lot of hands in fellowship. I aint watch The Hobbit in all honesty but this :wow:

Him and Legolas reminded me of Shadow of war so much with one main captain orc who's pissed to keep coming back:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:This fight was dope I wish the hobbit didn't have to use so much cgi but I understand there was mad production issues