Lord of The Rings: Rings of Power TV Series - Season 2 (August. 29. 2024/Official Thread)

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
The way Galadriel takes that ice troll down so nonchalantly :skip:

The Fellowship is rolling over in they graves after what they had to go through taking that cave troll down in the Mines of Moria.
It’s Galandriel though. Isn’t she supposed to be a badass warrior elf who’s thousands and thousands of years old? Aren’t they all warriors who have been around for thousands of years?

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
It’s Galandriel though. Isn’t she supposed to be a badass warrior elf who’s thousands and thousands of years old? Aren’t they all warriors who have been around for thousands of years?

I can't speak to that. Iont know the lore like that. It was more of a commentary on how epic that troll scene was in the Mines of Moria. U had Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli and the rest of the Fellowship fighting tooth and nail with that mufukka. She may be a badass but she's still one elf compared to the Fellowship packed with an elf, dwarf, future king and a future white wizard. I wasn't tryna disrespect her. :hubie:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I can't speak to that. Iont know the lore like that. It was more of a commentary on how epic that troll scene was in the Mines of Moria. U had Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli and the rest of the Fellowship fighting tooth and nail with that mufukka. She may be a badass but she's still one elf compared to the Fellowship packed with an elf, dwarf, future king and a future white wizard. I wasn't tryna disrespect her. :hubie:
Elves are physically stronger than most them dudes though. Galandriel is like 4-5 thousand years old in this and feel it’s safe to assume the rest of the elves with her are too. And tbf, that troll was fukking them up when it got the jump on them. They’re just super durable.

I’m not huge on LOTR and am kinda a hater tbh, but feel like that’s a pretty reasonable fight. I dunno. I just like the show and that actress is doing a solid job I think

Avisible Man

Daps
Elves are physically stronger than most them dudes though. Galandriel is like 4-5 thousand years old in this and feel it’s safe to assume the rest of the elves with her are too. And tbf, that troll was fukking them up when it got the jump on them. They’re just super durable.

I’m not huge on LOTR and am kinda a hater tbh, but feel like that’s a pretty reasonable fight. I dunno. I just like the show and that actress is doing a solid job I think

I agree with her doing a solid job. I said in another comment that I liked her so far and was waiting for her to pop up more on screen.

Avisible Man

Daps

I agree with her doing a solid job. I said in another comment that I liked her so far and was waiting for her to pop up more on screen.

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge
Big Tolkien Fantasy fan here. Gotta sadly say I am not moved by this yet, pacing seems off. Would have liked a grand opening describing the world as it is and it's inhabitants in more detail. Felt like I was watching an episode of The Witcher which I lost interest in. Too much cutesy stuff with the accents they play up for dwarves and harfoots.

still, only two episodes. I'll give it time. I know they were trying to build a signature GoT type franchise with this but that a tall order when you aim for the king.

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Episode 2 is way better than the pilot. I love the Dwarf and his wife. Also the PRODUCTION VALUE is crazy. This looks better than some blockbuster movies.
I was about to say. The production is huge. No shortcuts. The promo leading up undersold this. Maybe i saw the wrong ones.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
By the sound of things this has Netflix Witcher level pacing and all over the place-ness.

I'm also seeing people complaining about political commentary or something.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I agree with this, others you'll be like "I thought there was only one ring!?" :wtf::pachaha:

It didn't dawn on me that "Rings of Power" meant THAT storyline until I heard Celebrimbor's name.

If you played the Shadow of Mordor games, you'll know his name and why it's so important.

Rings of fukkery :blessed:
Hold up Shadow or Mordor/War is canon?! :gladbron:So I need to be IN?!