Lord of The Rings: Rings of Power TV Series - Season 2 (August. 29. 2024/Official Thread)

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
Are harfoots not hobbits? Why not just call them hobbits? I don't really know the lore, but that's a weird choice to me. Everyone knows what a hobbit is.

I feel like I'm getting whiplash from trying to watch this after HOTD. The visuals are amazing, but like everyone is saying, the writing is trash so far. HOTD is played straight with great writing, and then this is extra goofy with the delivery from half the characters coming off just completely unnatural and stage play-ish. A lot of these actors are weird looking to the point of being distracting. Elrond has the most obnoxious punchable face in a show filled with obnoxious punchable faces. Why does the elf king just look like some generic white middle class dad with a wig on? You'd think he'd look regal. The black elf stands out like a sore thumb being the only one with a fresh fade in the show. His PAWG sneaky link's son got the same doofy haircut as the kid from Stranger Things.
I'm guessing the black elf is his dad and he's hiding his ears that way? Only reason I could see for giving him a terrible bowl cut.
Why did they have the elves just standing dead still on the boat holding their swords? That looked dumb as hell. So many strange choices made.

Episode 2 was better than the 1st, but I'm not sold on it yet. The visuals will probably keep me watching though. Been using my Quest 2 to watch in VR for the theater feel and it looks incredible. :wow:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Doesn't matter, they have Isildur in this as well way before his time. It's one of the five wizards imo.
They have also have made up characters and placed them in the lore so what makes you think it isn’t some other randomly made up maiar? It being Gandalf might be a red herring, all the Maiar that were sent down took on the guise of Wizards so the look itself isn’t distinct to Gandalf.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They have also have made up characters and placed them in the lore so what makes you think it isn’t some other randomly made up maiar? It being Gandalf might be a red herring, all the Maiar that were sent down took on the guise of Wizards so the look itself isn’t distinct to Gandalf.

Yeah sure it could definitely be a made up person, I'm just saying the idea that it isn't Gandalf because he turned up at the start of the third age doesn't wash.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Were the Southlands in the books? Is it basically just the nearest part of Harad or what?

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally watched the first episode - the shows definitely has an Elven problem; not only do they not really seem like Elves that much, but their dialogue is hella clunky. The rest of the show is fine.

The rocket man might just be Sauron, which makes no fukking sense but anyway.

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
These first two episodes were pretty mid to me but the cinematography was beautiful. You can see that big budget put to use.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Do your criticisms equate to massive scores of 1 on all review sites? I was speaking on why the show is receiving extremely low scores, you then lumped yourself in with them racists.

Because you have legit criticism that means we supposed to ignore the straight up review bombing that's taking place, with a large reason being clear racism?

Maybe you can ignore all the complaining about black dwarves, elves, and Hobbits and how they are ruining the lore but I can't.

You got the nerve to say the 1 stars are warranted and its all from true fans. Bruh you cot damn moron. :heh:
Can't make this shyt up...

This whole grown ass man up in here crying like a bytch over RT audience scores complete with a retarded Trumpian-election-fraud-esque conspiracy for why fans on the internet are giving a show low scores...:dead:

nikka you know you a whole clueless assumption based willfully ignorant lazy intellectually dishonest cot damn dumbass...Case and point, you can literally test your conspiracy with the first 10 1 star comments off RT right now and you won't even get a majority, let alone all 10 on some racist shyt...You know this is fact, yet you continue to parrot your baseless assumption based conspiracy like a cerebral palsy child stuck on repeat as if we can't verify your bullshyt in less than minute...

Funny thing is those 1 scores got more in-depth comments than the 10s, of course your lazy intellectually dishonest dumbass ain't calling those 10s out for obvious brigading...Nah your fixated on the importance of equating 1s to racism, you can't rest and watch the show apparently without convincing TheColi.com of this grand alt-right CAC conspiracy like Galadriel in this show trying to convince everyone of Sauron existence...:dead:

The only conceivable issue someone can have with this show in that conspiracy spinning mentally disabled head of yours to give it a 1 rating is the skin color of a fukking dwarve, an elf and apparently Hobbits which ain't even in this show...Ignore data, context and the fanbases history on hating on ANY changes made to the source material and lazy call them all racist for disliking your mid fan fic adaptation of their authors work...
Your dumbass will clearly die on this hill of stupidity a proud internet culture warrior cornball ass nikka...:heh: