Lord of The Rings: Rings of Power TV Series - Season 2 (August. 29. 2024/Official Thread)

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Currently on the second episode. I like it so far. I'm not sure what people are looking for. I think most want another Game of Thrones and for some reason keep comparing the two, but personally I don't want this to be anything like House of Dragon/GoT.
Yeah I like the high fantasy elements of this show it a nice change of pace :obama:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just finished watching the 2nd episodes and so far :ehh:

Agree with the facts the show looks incredible, watching it on the OLED :whoo:

I don't mind the slow pacing in the beginning, because there is a lot you have to get set up.

Forgot my girl from Counterpart was in this, as the one the black elf was crushing on.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Visuals better be on point, its the most expensive show ever made...They don't get points for being handed a blank check...

The low IMDB score is warranted and deserving, its all coming from fans...This franchise has a massive fanbase and the author has a cult-like following...Naturally these people weren't going to sit back and allow modern Hollywood hacktivists to hijack the franchise they love and remake it in their own image...

It was all downhill with the fanbase after the trusted Tolkien scholar Amazon had on staff left due to creative differences, when the trailers released it was very clear why he bailed...

A 6 or even a 5 out of 10 is warranted (though I’d personally give it a 7.) A 1 out of 10 is straight up hater shyt. As far as accuracy to the books, the show isn’t any worse than the Hobbit trilogy. Hell, even the original trilogy got plenty of hate from Tolkien purists for the many liberties it took.

Like I said there are some fans with legit complaints but there’s a sizable portion of anti-SJW racists specifically targeting the show who have been ready to hate it the moment they saw it had a diverse cast.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
show is amazing to me but i'm a big big LOTR fan. We are so blessed brehs to have the opportunity to live in a time where we can get crack 1 hour episodes every week for house of dragons and this :blessed:

People probb hating cuz its not all white anymore f em

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Visuals better be on point, its the most expensive show ever made...They don't get points for being handed a blank check...

The low IMDB score is warranted and deserving, its all coming from fans...This franchise has a massive fanbase and the author has a cult-like following...Naturally these people weren't going to sit back and allow modern Hollywood hacktivists to hijack the franchise they love and remake it in their own image...

It was all downhill with the fanbase after the trusted Tolkien scholar Amazon had on staff left due to creative differences, when the trailers released it was very clear why he bailed...

God damn you are a fukking idiot.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

Bruh, they giving it low scores because it's black people in there now.

You think the low scores are warranted based on including black people? :mjpls:

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
The production and visuals are good as hell but like everyone else been saying the writing lags a lot.

I felt there’s a lot of unnecessary filler in the episodes to the point i wasnt even paying attention and Galadriels obsession with Sauron didn’t feel convincing to me. The dialogue is a bit disneyish and corny at times too. I think having this run concurrent with HotD was a bad idea as everyone will compare it.

i give these eps a 2.5/5