Lord of The Rings: Rings of Power TV Series - Season 2 (August. 29. 2024/Official Thread)

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
This is getting shyt on in IMDb ratings. I first assumed brigading but most of the reviews seem legitimate and stuff I was really concerned with from the trailers and things I’ve read.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I grew up on LOTR, super hesitant on watching this, also apparently Elrond is apparently :dame:
It's not the worst thing I've ever seen but from a continuity standpoint, what they've shown so far makes no sense...

If you enjoyed the Hobbit you might like this...Much like that trilogy, you have to turn your brain off to find enjoyment here if you're a fan...For example there is a scene where Galadriel jumps off a boat in the middle of the Sundering Sea because she doesn't want to go to Valinor...There is no land in sight to swim back to bruh, its mind-numbing...To make matters worse she appears to have no husband or daughter which is a major problem from a continuity standpoint...Elrond is supposed to marry her daughter and they have Arwen...

Gandalf in the second age...Yes meteor man is 100% him and this isn't a spoiler...It's dumb fukking obvious, mans even did the blackening sky shyt when he gets mad, only thing missing was the conjurer of cheap tricks line...This is all types of wrong and continuity breaking...

Lastly I don't know if they're trolling with Halbrand or this is just really bad writing...Could they be any less subtle with his fukking dialogue? I thought this show was supposed to go 5 seasons and his real identity is this strongly being hinted at in the first episode?

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The visuals and cinematography might be the best i've seen on TV. I am somewhat skeptical on writing and pacing, but thought 2nd episode was much better than 1st.

Also, why is the audience score for this so low?

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The visuals and cinematography might be the best i've seen on TV. I am somewhat skeptical on writing and pacing, but thought 2nd episode was much better than 1st.

People saw promo photos of a Black elf and a warrior woman a few months ago and lost their shyt. Right wing grifters posing as movie critics took advantage of the anger and riled up the anti-SJW nerds who made up their minds about the show being “woke” before they even watched it.

Show ain’t perfect and there are legit things about it you can criticize but I’d say it’s a solid B right now. Much better than it’s low IMDb score which has been taken over by the “anti-woke” brigade.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
People saw promo photos of a Black elf and a warrior woman a few months ago and lost their shyt. Right wing grifters posing as movie critics took advantage of the anger and riled up the anti-SJW nerds who made up their minds about the show being “woke” before they even watched it.

Show ain’t perfect and there are legit things about it you can criticize but I’d say it’s a solid B right now. Much better than it’s low IMDb score which has been taken over by the “anti-woke” brigade.
i just dont know how they could have dropped the ball on that 1st episode in terms of pacing. You always gotta start strong on these shows so your audience doesnt check out or give haters something to latch on.

Galadriel as a lead character might just be a tough sell. Its one thing when you got a world class actor like Cate Blanchett carrying a lot with not much time.

Again I just hate that they gave haters legit outs imo. Should have either reworked the character or just dropped the bag off to Jodie Comer or some more known actor to help carry it.

Thinking back to Game of Thrones season 1 there was a lot of carrying by Sean Bean , Mark Addy, Charles Dance, Peter Dinklage etc while the more unknown lesser experienced actors found their way. Still people knew them from being good character actors in other stuff.

House of Dragon is benefiting from Matt Smith and Paddy Considine right now.

Who knows by episode 3 it might fully come together tho.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I loved LOTR, but I think I'm over traditional and high fantasy. It's just boring to me now. The show looks good tho, so you can see the money that was spent.

House of the Dragon had a stronger start. It was more entertaining at least, mainly because Martin's world deconstructs and takes a non-conventional approach to the Tolkein stuff you see here.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps

Visuals better be on point, its the most expensive show ever made...They don't get points for being handed a blank check...

The low IMDB score is warranted and deserving, its all coming from fans...This franchise has a massive fanbase and the author has a cult-like following...Naturally these people weren't going to sit back and allow modern Hollywood hacktivists to hijack the franchise they love and remake it in their own image...

It was all downhill with the fanbase after the trusted Tolkien scholar Amazon had on staff left due to creative differences, when the trailers released it was very clear why he bailed...