Lord Jamar expains why Eminem will never be one of the greats.

LandryFieldsDad

All Star
Daps
slow down = one of the original club/radio rockers
punks jump up to get beat down : Arguably the dopest single the year it dropped based on permeation.
all three or four versions got heavy burn. Plus, was arguably the setup for listeners after soul clap.
to get into fat pockets by show/ag, as the visibility and kindred between ditc/nubian/tribe/native/violators.
helped sequeway the shortened nubians, show/ag, and diamond to prominence and visibility around the time a day in the life was poppin on let. To create the draw that made ny even more prominent in the club scene and gave music in the club/party scene diversity.

love me and leave me alone

day in the life : Jamar's solo arrival feature on trube's low end theory.

all club fixtures, and paved the way for what goes on now.
based on per.eation, sonic, culture, etc...

real talk,...
if not for slow down.
there would have been no culturized /knowledge of self rappers who got on.
if not for slow down terra forming the lane for culture based content rappers post self destruction.
during the beginning of the prison economy movement to use rap to stifle black America to the standstill it is now.
slow down, was one of the last few beacons of light as a radio song for the culture in that era.
if not for slow down,...
black airwaves and rap for that time would have been chunky a, to hammer/vanilla ice.

instead of the little culturized period rap got to have on the radio.
when, slow down ruled the airwaves.
if not for slow down,...
I don't even wanna think about it.

Art Barr
They crazy for that one.

Air Nikes N Hats

Poor mans Johnny Football Lifestyle!
Daps
Reppin
SINY!!
Lord Jamar, if you hate what the culture has become....do something about it rather then sounding off from the couch in the therapist office.

Make an album, a song, tag a subway wall.....anything.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Lord Jamar, if you hate what the culture has become....do something about it rather then sounding off from the couch in the therapist office.

Make an album, a song, tag a subway wall.....anything.

His music as well as Brand Nubian's music don't resonate with what's "poppin" nowadays unfortunately. Their kind of music goes over peoples heads today.

Air Nikes N Hats

Daps
Reppin
SINY!!
His music as well as Brand Nubian's music don't resonate with what's "poppin" nowadays unfortunately. Their kind of music goes over peoples heads today.

He could always go indie.....like a lot of other 90s artists....the likes of Ghostface, AZ, Masta Ace, etc....artists who aren't on the billboard radar but are still relevant to their core audiences because they still find ways to release music, do shows, etc.....

I understand where Jamar is coming from....but what's he accomplishing aside from these Vlad interviews? He isn't contributing outside of that.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
He could always go indie.....like a lot of other 90s artists....the likes of Ghostface, AZ, Masta Ace, etc....artists who aren't on the billboard radar but are still relevant to their core audiences because they still find ways to release music, do shows, etc.....

I understand where Jamar is coming from....but what's he accomplishing aside from these Vlad interviews? He isn't contributing outside of that.

Truthfully I don't know how well he'd do if he dropped some new music. I'd support any project he'd put out though. People don't wanna hear music about enlightening Black people or speaking on positivity. People wanna hear the Chief Keef's, Young Thugs, & Bobby Schmurda's now & it's kinda sad. Hip hop music with a positive message doesn't resonate with youths. He's dropping much needed knowledge in his interviews & saying what people are thinking but too scared to put out because of their money ties.

Songs like this:

MouseTeeth

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens
It's true, eminem is great as a RAPPER. Even has great songs/albums but hell never have that song that sets the club off or the track u hear everybody playing in the car in the street. And when I say club I don't mean some generic "dance" record, I mean something like "public service announcement" that's anthemic where everybody knows every word. He just doesn't have the classics like that....On the flip side I don't think Hov is as "nice" as eminem but his catalogue trumps eminem all day. Eminem never has been and well never be the club rapper but he's still undeniably talented. Certain rappers occupy certain spaces...there's also a lot of black mcs who are technically nice but don't have the ability to make club records....it's more of a rapper problem than a race problem....lotta dudes can rap good but can't make songs to save their life....however em was able to make hits but he also had perfect timing and him being white was a HUGE leg up for him to crossover.

Last edited:

Air Nikes N Hats

Daps
Reppin
SINY!!
Truthfully I don't know how well he'd do if he dropped some new music. I'd support any project he'd put out though. People don't wanna hear music about enlightening Black people or speaking on positivity. People wanna hear the Chief Keef's, Young Thugs, & Bobby Schmurda's now & it's kinda sad. Hip hop music with a positive message doesn't resonate with youths. He's dropping much needed knowledge in his interviews & saying what people are thinking but too scared to put out because of their money ties.

Songs like this:

There is still a niche of 30 somethings like myself who would support the music if it was good. Granted, you don't do big numbers on an indy but making the music and getting it out there doesn't take much these days. Look at the new breed of artists dropping these days. Many of them have home studios/software/hardware.....do their recordings themselves, distribute them via social media/mixtape sites/etc.....

Jamar has access, and I'm certain he has the means to record a project.....but he either doubts himself or he is lazy. As an artist you can't bytch about the industry and not do anything about it. Jamar is the equivalent of someone who's unemployed, bytches about not having a job/being broke....but isn't looking for work.

Fans are always gonna have opinions, but as an artist....dont bytch about the state of things, yet do nothing about it. You can't have it both ways