Lord Jamar expains why Eminem will never be one of the greats.

Air Nikes N Hats

Poor mans Johnny Football Lifestyle!
Daps
Reppin
SINY!!
:comeon:

theres a difference between club music & bad club music.

1. if eminem didnt care, then he wouldve never made so many horrible party records.

2. there are indeed white rappers who have reached black audiences the same way they did white audiences. hell, some of them reached more black audiences than white.

3. eminem lost to jarule. let that sink in for a minute.

4. jamar isnt doing this for eminem's attention. but youre kidding yourself if you think eminem isnt paying him any mind.

these videos are doing ALOT for the culture actually.

BE SMART SON.

:wtf:

you up here talking like jamar is some new jack.

he made history in this game before you even knew what rap was.

he doesnt have to rap another day in his life.

stop fronting. youre not gonna support anything.

a lord jamar record would give you the shakes.

Seems like I got under your skin a bit.........ok Ill play this little game.

1. Please state the so-called white rappers who have reached the African-American/Hispanic audience........Ill sit and wait

2. Em is still here, Ja Rule....yeah he got Slim with the Hallie line....but not a dent made.

3. Funny, but Jamar keeps bringing Em up......and even if he is listening, wheres the response? Granted Brand Nubian made a huge impact, but Jamar is irrelevant.

4. These videos might be making an impact on message boards like this....but people don't give a shyt about them outside the net.

5. I never stated that Jamar is a new jack.....but like I stated before, Don't bytch about music when you yourself are an artist. Ill go back to the being unemployed, bytching about it, but not looking for a job either analogy. Doesn't matter if he doesn't have to rap anymore...plenty of artists don't have to anymore but still do because they genuinely enjoy the craft.....if you hate the state of the music business do something about it rather then sounding off.

6. "stop fronting. youre not gonna support anything"..........OK....as if you knew what I spent my money on.....GTFO

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There are enough reasons why Em doesn't qualify as a great without having to resort to the 'doesn't bang in the whip/clubs' bs

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island
I'd respect Jamar a lot more as a person if he quit p*ssy footing and just admits he hates Eminem. At this point he and Vlad's obsession with doing interviews about Em and Iggy is disturbing. We got it the first 5 times man.

:yeshrug: still a Brand Nubian fan but that's because I love the music. Oh and Puba seems to be a funny motherfukker.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Seems like I got under your skin a bit.........ok Ill play this little game.

1. Please state the so-called white rappers who have reached the African-American/Hispanic audience........Ill sit and wait

2. Em is still here, Ja Rule....yeah he got Slim with the Hallie line....but not a dent made.

3. Funny, but Jamar keeps bringing Em up......and even if he is listening, wheres the response? Granted Brand Nubian made a huge impact, but Jamar is irrelevant.

4. These videos might be making an impact on message boards like this....but people don't give a shyt about them outside the net.

5. I never stated that Jamar is a new jack.....but like I stated before, Don't bytch about music when you yourself are an artist. Ill go back to the being unemployed, bytching about it, but not looking for a job either analogy. Doesn't matter if he doesn't have to rap anymore...plenty of artists don't have to anymore but still do because they genuinely enjoy the craft.....if you hate the state of the music business do something about it rather then sounding off.

6. "stop fronting. youre not gonna support anything"..........OK....as if you knew what I spent my money on.....GTFO

youre not getting under my skin at all. youre just talking stupid.

1. we already gave examples. and why would you have to ask anyway?
2. BE SMART SON.
3. its not about eminem.
and lol @ brand nubian being relevant but not jamar. this is silly 2015 internet revisionism. lol. brand nubian was just a 3-man group. really a 2-man group thru half their prime.:whistle: but let yall tell it.

4. whats ur point? the internet is his platform. you think viacom & clear channel are gonna give him the green light?
5. clearly he is doing something about it and hes going far with it.
6. i seriously doubt that somebody with your line of thinking would support such a record. add to the fact that you seem to think he was irrelevant 25 years ago(smh), so why would you buy his chit now? be real with the game buddy.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
So bc EM doesnt have club bangers or songs that play in "poppin" clubs hes not a great? So bc Ems music supposedly has no "soul" hes not a great? The dude basically put his whole life on his 1st two albums. Thats not soul?
No, putting your life on a track is not soul. That is like saying Taylor Swift has as much soul as Sam Smith. He is clearly saying that if you cannot pop off in a club you have a deficiency as an emcee. If you show that you are total incapable of doing it that goes against your skill set. There is a difference in choosing not to and being unable to. Eminem has tried and failed, it is not in his character. Like we clown Nas for "You Owe Me" and "Oochie Wally" because they were not timeless but they still demonstrated that he could do it...albeit not at the highest level. Then, you take into account "Hate Me Now" "Got Yourself" and "Made You Look."

It doesn't necessarily have to be a song you dance to. People are not out there poppin to "FukWItMeYouKnowIGOtIt." Eminem was the right emcee, in the right place, at the right time (and was my favorite). The way Eminem has rapped over he past 8 years does not get him to the top of the game in the 21st century. He would not even be the most popular white rapper doing that shyt he does. After a certain amount of time, cats start to scrutinize your entire legacy. I knew Eminem's legacy was overstated when I went up to my younger cousins and his friends and tried to put him on....they think dude is trash. Like they won't even bother going to listen to SSLP because his recent output has them thinking he is ass completely.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Funny. Common is in my Top 10 and he never really had a song that was in the clubs. Scarface is in my Top 10 too and he only had one I remembered and he got helped by a Jay-Z feature and Kanye West beat.