Lord Jamar expains why Eminem will never be one of the greats.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
so let me get this straight, to be great you gotta have songs that folks wanna play in the club

you got people that complain about the club music and shiit how its stupid and simple
but now a rapper gotta have 1 of those songs to be considered great

:comeon:

theres a difference between club music & bad club music.

1. So just because he doesn't get bumped in the club doesn't make him a great? I don't think Em ever cared about getting played in a club. Everyone has their niche and he just maximized his. Whats the problem here

2. Yes, if Eminem was an African-American he wouldn't smell anywhere near the success he has achieved. Eminem is a white man utilizing hip-hop to express himself, and his music isn't exactly going to reach the African-American audience in the same way it would with Caucasians. If you look at his background coming up....up until that Dre co-sign (one can argue he owes much of his success to that Dre co-sign) no one was trying to put on who they saw as the next Vanilla Ice. He had struggles, most people do....his just happened to be different then a black and/or brown mans.

3. At its foundation, there are those who say that an MC battle would determine who is the better MC (personal success, size of following being irrelevant)....in that case, Eminem would roast pretty much anyone put in front of him. Even if he has fallen off (which I think he has a great deal)....someone like Jamar for instance would get roasted real quick.

4. He isn't paying any of what Jamar says any mind....and he shouldn't. Its probably what Jamar is looking for (he keeps talking about him like a scorned ex-girlfriend) so why pay him the attention. It isn't exactly like Jamar is reaching some large audience.

Just my thoughts.......

1. if eminem didnt care, then he wouldve never made so many horrible party records.

2. there are indeed white rappers who have reached black audiences the same way they did white audiences. hell, some of them reached more black audiences than white.

3. eminem lost to jarule. let that sink in for a minute.

4. jamar isnt doing this for eminem's attention. but youre kidding yourself if you think eminem isnt paying him any mind.

Lord Jamar, if you hate what the culture has become....do something about it rather then sounding off from the couch in the therapist office.

Make an album, a song, tag a subway wall.....anything.

these videos are doing ALOT for the culture actually.

BE SMART SON.

He could always go indie.....like a lot of other 90s artists....the likes of Ghostface, AZ, Masta Ace, etc....artists who aren't on the billboard radar but are still relevant to their core audiences because they still find ways to release music, do shows, etc.....

I understand where Jamar is coming from....but what's he accomplishing aside from these Vlad interviews? He isn't contributing outside of that.

:wtf:

you up here talking like jamar is some new jack.

he made history in this game before you even knew what rap was.

he doesnt have to rap another day in his life.

There is still a niche of 30 somethings like myself who would support the music if it was good. Granted, you don't do big numbers on an indy but making the music and getting it out there doesn't take much these days. Look at the new breed of artists dropping these days. Many of them have home studios/software/hardware.....do their recordings themselves, distribute them via social media/mixtape sites/etc.....

stop fronting. youre not gonna support anything.

a lord jamar record would give you the shakes.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Looks like this thread turned into a Nas/Jay stan war once again :snoop:

Jay stans being scorned fakkits on message boards across the web since 02' :wow:

But Jamar on some other shyt...

This would put Nas at the bottom of the list while

50 is at the top :dahell:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
alot of posters getting exposed in here.

and nobody i replied to could muster up a response.

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
Eminem and Lord Jamar have exactly one song that got played in clubs in each. And Eminem does get played at Strip Clubs. Before anyone jumps on my shyt, strip clubs have been the place for a lot of records in Hip Hop.

Lord Jamar will never be one of the greats either. Eminem is a legend but even himself has made a song explaining he doesn't even put himself in his own top 10.

Btw saying you do shyt just for a rise from 'the stans' is just admitting to trolling.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
The reason I dont take Lord Jamar bashing Em seriously is because hes a rapper too, and a wacc one at that.
It be different if it was a producer or some shyt giving their opinion, but when its another rapper(wacc one) dissing one thats literally better than him at everything, it makes em come across as a hater.
Like what if in 20 years Kwame Brown giving interviews hating on the great center of 2015, who gone take him seriously :stopitslime:

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
The reason I dont take Lord Jamar bashing Em seriously is because hes a rapper too, and a wacc one at that.
It be different if it was a producer or some shyt giving their opinion, but when its another rapper(wacc one) dissing one thats literally better than him at everything, it makes em come across as a hater.
Like what if in 20 years Kwame Brown giving interviews hating on the great center of 2015, who gone take him seriously :stopitslime:

It's funny to me. I don't like Eminem so it makes me laugh but it is like Kwame Brown commenting on some popular power forward 15 years after the fact.

Daps
dHpQc.gif

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So bc EM doesnt have club bangers or songs that play in "poppin" clubs hes not a great? So bc Ems music supposedly has no "soul" hes not a great? The dude basically put his whole life on his 1st two albums. Thats not soul?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas doesn't really have that many club songs and the ones that he does have are ridiculed, like Oochie Wally. That never stopped him from being great. Listen, Eminem been fell off and he does get overrated by 12-year old white kids all over the world, but he has made some great music. nikkas that say that all of his music is trash are just as oblivious as those white kids. Stan is a classic song with a classic concept, so is Lose Yourself, so is '97 Bonnie and Clyde, so is Rock Bottom, so is The Way I am, so is I Just Don't Give a fukk, so is Sing for The Moment, so is White America, so is Soldier, and fukk it - so is Kim, even though most people can't appreciate it because the shyt is downright demonic. Then we can get into the features where he absolutely rips it like Amityville, Renegade, Forgot about Dre, and What's the difference...Point is, Eminem is not the GOAT but he isn't some hack with no talent that puts out nothing but garbage either. Just like a lot of his stanning is race-based, so is the hate that he gets.

I agree with all of this. But he doesn't have a true bonafide classic that most hip hop heads agree upon. All of the greats have at least one under their belt, but that doesn't take away from his talent. Hip hop only has a hand full of great ones.