Lord Jamar expains why Eminem will never be one of the greats.

87 others

Superstar
Daps
Nas doesn't really have that many club songs and the ones that he does have are ridiculed, like Oochie Wally. That never stopped him from being great. Listen, Eminem been fell off and he does get overrated by 12-year old white kids all over the world, but he has made some great music. nikkas that say that all of his music is trash are just as oblivious as those white kids. Stan is a classic song with a classic concept, so is Lose Yourself, so is '97 Bonnie and Clyde, so is Rock Bottom, so is The Way I am, so is I Just Don't Give a fukk, so is Sing for The Moment, so is White America, so is Soldier, and fukk it - so is Kim, even though most people can't appreciate it because the shyt is downright demonic. Then we can get into the features where he absolutely rips it like Amityville, Renegade, Forgot about Dre, and What's the difference...Point is, Eminem is not the GOAT but he isn't some hack with no talent that puts out nothing but garbage either. Just like a lot of his stanning is race-based, so is the hate that he gets.

iliketurtles

Do Right And Kill Everything
Daps
Reppin
Free guwop
Only clubs Nas music gets played is the fakkit clubs with dusty ass dudes and no girls

Last edited:

Air Nikes N Hats

Poor mans Johnny Football Lifestyle!
Daps
Reppin
SINY!!
1. So just because he doesn't get bumped in the club doesn't make him a great? I don't think Em ever cared about getting played in a club. Everyone has their niche and he just maximized his. Whats the problem here?

2. Yes, if Eminem was an African-American he wouldn't smell anywhere near the success he has achieved. Eminem is a white man utilizing hip-hop to express himself, and his music isn't exactly going to reach the African-American audience in the same way it would with Caucasians. If you look at his background coming up....up until that Dre co-sign (one can argue he owes much of his success to that Dre co-sign) no one was trying to put on who they saw as the next Vanilla Ice. He had struggles, most people do....his just happened to be different then a black and/or brown mans.

3. At its foundation, there are those who say that an MC battle would determine who is the better MC (personal success, size of following being irrelevant)....in that case, Eminem would roast pretty much anyone put in front of him. Even if he has fallen off (which I think he has a great deal)....someone like Jamar for instance would get roasted real quick.

4. He isn't paying any of what Jamar says any mind....and he shouldn't. Its probably what Jamar is looking for (he keeps talking about him like a scorned ex-girlfriend) so why pay him the attention. It isn't exactly like Jamar is reaching some large audience.

Just my thoughts.......

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
where is this Jamar interview.
so, I can see it in context of what he was saying.

Art Barr

Smitty Belafonte

All Star
Daps
so let me get this straight, to be great you gotta have songs that folks wanna play in the club

you got people that complain about the club music and shiit how its stupid and simple
but now a rapper gotta have 1 of those songs to be considered great

Nope but all the greats do have songs played in the club.