why you gotta write essays and discographies? :heh:

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
that in god we trust album... :wow:
Yeah..

I was listening to Death Certificate the other day and thinking how that album would never be embraced by the culture gate keepers in 2014...It would have been viewed as "hate speech"...But back in the day it was just "hip hop"

It's like in the 21 Jump Street movie when ole boy went back to highschool and all the "cool kids" were tree hugging effeminate politically correct cats...

It's crazy how things have evolved....Each generation gets more soft and entitled to comfort...

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
All for One album by Brand Nubian was fire

we get it alotta yall nikkas don't like em..whatever :manny:

why you gotta write essays and discographies? :heh:

Tryna to hide thier cackery is all. Anyone that claims Brand Nubian "wasn't a big deal" is likely a c00n. Brand Nubian are responsible for some of the most positive, conscious, uplifting, hiphop music that the genre has ever produced. Even if you don't like the actual sound of the music (which i would find hard), you have to respect the message and the music.

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
The Infamous World's End Houses
Tryna to hide thier cackery is all. Anyone that claims Brand Nubian "wasn't a big deal" is likely a c00n. Brand Nubian are responsible for some of the most positive, conscious, uplifting, hiphop music that the genre has ever produced. Even if you don't like the actual sound of the music (which i would find hard), you have to respect the message and the music.

Well, personally, I never said I didn't respect them. Just that was uninterested in their music. But all this talk got me curious now. I will check out that "All For One" album when I get some time.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I'm not familiar with Brand Nubian and I'm a hip hop head to the fullest

I didn't even know Jamar was a member of them till this Vlad shyt lately

First hip hop album I heard was Doggystyle

First hip hop song I had memorized was Kris Kross Jump, I was like 9 and had that wickedy wickedy wack shyt down to a t

They was prolly more Brand Nubian's time but I only fukked with them because they were around my age

Never in my life met a hip hop head in elementary school

I aint mad at the passion for hip hop tho

I was & my neighborhood with kids my had a lot too. I fell in love with hip hop culture the moment I saw a movie called Beat Street as a kid. For then on I listened to KRS-One, Big Daddy Kane, Rakim, EPMD, Public Enemy & more.

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
I was & my neighborhood with kids my had a lot too. I fell in love with hip hop culture the moment I saw a movie called Beat Street as a kid. For then on I listened to KRS-One, Big Daddy Kane, Rakim, EPMD, Public Enemy & more.

Yeah, there's definitely kids out there that were into rap music and hip hop ever since they can remember. Probably grew up around it. A lot of us come from different communities and countries so that's why some of us were late to it.

Growing up as a kid I never really listened to music. Well, I used to listen 90's dance music, cause that's what was in the charts but I didn't have that much interest in music in general.

I think the 1st rap song I ever heard that caught my attention was "Gangsta's Paradise" and I liked it but still didn't really get into rap music.

Then when I was 12 I moved to Paris and that's where I was introduced to hip hop. I went to a really big, hood, junior high. Most kids there listened to rap music and that's where I fell in love with it.

France, particularly Paris and Marseille have always had a big hip hop culture, even in the 80's. Actually there are a lot of French rappers and French albums that I put over American shyt. Very slept on production too. There is some really hot shyt in French rap. At least there used to be when I was living there in the late 90's.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Yeah, there's definitely kids out there that were into rap music and hip hop ever since they can remember. Probably grew up around it. A lot of us come from different communities and countries so that's why some of us were late to it.

Growing up as a kid I never really listened to music. Well, I used to listen 90's dance music, cause that's what was in the charts but I didn't have that much interest in music in general.

I think the 1st rap song I ever heard that caught my attention was "Gangsta's Paradise" and I liked it but still didn't really get into rap music.

Then when I was 12 I moved to Paris and that's where I was introduced to hip hop. I went to a really big, hood, junior high. Most kids there listened to rap music and that's where I fell in love with it.

France, particularly Paris and Marseille have always had a big hip hop culture, even in the 80's. Actually there are a lot of French rappers and French albums that I put over American shyt. Very slept on production too. There is some really hot shyt in French rap. At least there used to be when I was living there in the late 90's.

Doesn't matter how long it took you to get here fam. You made it. Keep listening to that good hip hop & check out that Brand Nubian album you said you would listen to.

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
Doesn't matter how long it took you to get here fam. You made it. Keep listening to that good hip hop & check out that Brand Nubian album you said you would listen to.

Fo sho!

The last year or so I haven't been listening as much. I don't really mess with a lot of the mainstream these days. I listen to BBC 1Xtra which is one of the best urban stations in the country but the last year or so, I haven't checked out many people's albums.

I think an album I wanna hear that I got on deck is R.A.'s "Legends Never Die". That's my next one I wanna hear.

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
:camby:

how you got a movie older than all those eras of hip-hop in ya avi?

so you do movie history but not hip-hop history?

you guys kill me with yall phony ass explanations of why you aint fully versed in this culture.

nikkaz postin on messageboards with strangers everyday of they life about something they only know half heartedly about. shyt is disgusting.

early 90s WAS brand nubian. under the radar? nah homie that means it wasnt on ya radar to begin with.

next time you play some stupid ass garbage from the south or some BIG or Cam or 2pac or Jayz or Nas song for the 657679787th fckin time try something that went "under the radar" so you can spare real nikkaz like me these pathetic claims

and dont get tough breh cuz punks jump up :ufdup:

:wow:
:salute: for spitting that truth!

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
Why he ain't call Yelawolf a fakkit when he told him to shut the fukk up :mjpls:

He did. If you look for it, you will find it. He also said all the Yelawolf fans are racist as shyt. They were calling him a n!gger in the comments page and all kinds of horrible shyt.

They were definitely beefing for a while, I dunno if they're still going at it. I think its still on and popping.