Lord Jamar DEMOLISHES KRS-One's claim of Latinos pioneering Hip-Hop

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Flowers WASN"T a HipHop DJ for 2 reasons:

So, to answer your question: To the bboys, Flowers wasn't HipHop as he didn't cater to bboys

All that other stuff you posted was fluff so I edited it down to get to the bottom line. As long as you admitted Flowers wasn't a hip hop DJ in hip hops origin, I'm good.:ehh:

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Flowers didn't hang out with them dudes :childplease: what actually happened is, the 2 scenes merged. The rapping came from the Hollywood/Pete Dj Jones/Flowers etc.. scene and merged with the Bronx bboy scene to create the 4 element form that we know today

Bro, you really don’t know sh*t about this. And it's sad.

Flowers was partying at Manhattan Center and T-Connection with Jazzy Jay, Bam, Red Alert, DJ Afrika, etc. Back in the Nubian Productions days. Before that became the spot, he would come from Brooklyn and they would all be at Disco Fever. Bro battled Flash at Stardust in like '77-'78. He was helping the other DJ's like Clark Kent get gigs in Manhattan when they weren't too comfortable with booking DJ's. Everyone knew Flowers and learned from him.

He got blackballed after this because he started playing Paradise Garage, which a lot of people in Hip Hop at the time associated with gay nightlife. That's where a lot of gays used to go. So after he started playing there, people started to not f*ck with him anymore. Caz and Flash both started calling themselves "Grandmaster" from Flowers. He was the first person to go by that. Pete DJ Jones was the one that brought Flash and Flowers together because he was Flash's mentor and friends with Flowers. He vanished after he couldn't book gigs anymore because of the drug habit. So that's what took him out the game. But mad legends talk about being around dude back in the 70's and early 80's, when he was active.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
you dont debate faithfully, your a nas stan AND a tariq stan

i was at the hiphop 50 show and nas said herc the godfather and cyndi the godmother

no one disagreed except tariq and his 50k stans

agallah just asked if he was a guest in hiphop

everybody said NO

i honestly dont read your posts because i caught you lying multiple times

my history >>>>>>> every coli fba poster

nas word and history >>>>>>>every coli fba poster

nile rodgers word and history>>>>>>> every coli fba poster

paid in full posse history >>>>> coli fba

original spades members >>>>> coli fba

evryone >>>>>> coli fba and tariq

:ahh:

The people who were THERE in the early days of HipHop, know the truth. Cats just don't wanna ruffle feathers

:huhldup:

I only deal with FACTS!!

xARIpqx.jpg

ohocZ7z.jpg

bBoeekF.jpg

9ZomoLU.jpg

SIR NORIN RAD:"Willie Will (legendary Puerto Rican B-Boy from Rockwell Association) told me about how we was introduced to that original Black B-Boy Style of dancing which you referred to as The Go Off in 1976 by a B-Boy called Chopper that was down with the Zulu Nation. What was the relationship between TBB and the Zulu Nation? Was there any kind of contact at all?"

ABY:"Again, I was younger. I was too young to even understand the difference between Black and Puerto Rican. But to my brothers...to the older guys there was a barrier....there was a line between Blacks and Latinos. I mean look at the gangs back then...the Black Spades were all black and then you had the Ghetto Brothers which were all Latinos....so there was a division at first. I remember the Zulu Kings only from late 1976/77 that's when we really got involved. That's also when Batch had his meeting with the Zulu Nation..1977. TBB and members of the Zulu Nation they used to have rumbles.....they would fight against each other. Whatever jam they went to they would rumble. If there was a jam and TBB was chilling there and all of a sudden some one threw hands Batch would summon TBB Joe's division who was known as the warlord division meaning thay handled all the rumbles or one on one fight make sure no one jumped in !! . One of the first black DJs that I ever met was Lay Lay. He was from Fun PM City Crew and they was all black but they was kool cause they were from the block.We never had problems in 129 Mapes Pool. Lay Lay would get cutting and we would start dancing !! Back then we danced more with the girls than against each other .. But when we heard "It's Just Begun" or Babe Ruth "Mexican" or "Bongo Rock"... forget about it! Floor rockers hit the flooooorrrrrrr,!!! Cypher set and battles was for respect not money .. You had to be there to truly understand and smell the air and feel the excitement when the cat you was battling burned you the last time and you been practicing all week long for the moment you let it all out on the concrete ... Damn miss em days ."

^^he's talking about black/rican beef, deep into the late 1970s. Talks more about it here

Last edited:

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Glad he has his dentures or whatever in. I actually have a soft spot for Ag. He's a talent with the beats. Saw him recently and he didn't seem like he was in the best shape. Wild drunk and missing his fronts. Wish there was a fund for old school Hip Hop cats to gets medical handled and shyt.
Sucks dude couldn’t be one of the producers that works with all these dope contemporary rappers like Alchemist does.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
That's all good. I get that. You might be from Brooklyn though, lol.

But I knew a million Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Cubans, Panamanians, on and on, who saw themselves as Black. But I also knew some who didn't. That's just how NYC was/is. The point isn't really in how people see themselves. It's in how we all grew up together back then. And it was the same for our parents in the 70's and 80's. So when the pioneers say they had Spanish cats with them when all of this started, I can't tell them they're lying. LOL!! They're showing respect to the dudes that were there when they founded this.

Now if they say that no Hispanics were around, that would be different. But the OG's and pioneers have always shouted out all the Latino's who were there when this was getting started. I spoke with Caz and Cholly a few years ago on some chill sh*t Uptown at Harlem Week, and everything I just quoted was what he said. Which is what he always says. But I'm sure he's done mad interviews saying the same. He literally name-drops all the Spanish dudes who were there, a lot.
I'm not even claiming Dominicans at all when it comes to their involvement of hip hop's inception cause they still be on they turn they nose up shyt till this day. They was small fries if any of them were involved. Puerto Ricans was there representing and that's where I cut the deck as far as hispanics. But like I said before. Alot of them were considered "rebels" by their older family members and parents because they were hanging with blacks so heavy and getting involved with OUR culture. They were getting involved with what we were doing. We created. They participated and contributed. And there's nothing wrong with stating that fact. I feel like people are talking in circles in this thread. There's only one fact. Hip hop is a black American created culture that was participated in and contributed to by Ricans and Jamaicans/West Indians.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Bro, you really don’t know sh*t about this. And it's sad.

Flowers was partying at Manhattan Center and T-Connection with Jazzy Jay, Bam, Red Alert, DJ Afrika, etc.

I already told you that the 2 scenes merged and produced the complete 4 element scene that we now know

4s2hDzA.jpg

1p26auz.png

tCBxFQJ.png

Back in the Nubian Productions days. Before that became the spot, he would come from Brooklyn and they would all be at Disco Fever. Bro battled Flash at Stardust in like '77-'78. He was helping the other DJ's like Clark Kent get gigs in Manhattan when they weren't too comfortable with booking DJ's. Everyone knew Flowers and learned from him.

see above

what I'm saying is, HE WASN"T HANGING OUT with those guys (younger hiphop crowd)

S8kA3zw.jpeg

^^Hollywood was on many bills with the so-called "bboy" crowd but he for damn sure wasn't hanging out with them. He played for/hung out with hustlers

fxnexVA.jpg

He got blackballed after this because he started playing Paradise Garage, which a lot of people in Hip Hop at the time associated with gay nightlife. That's where a lot of gays used to go. So after he started playing there, people started to not f*ck with him anymore. Caz and Flash both started calling themselves "Grandmaster" from Flowers. He was the first person to go by that. Pete DJ Jones was the one that brought Flash and Flowers together because he was Flash's mentor and friends with Flowers. He vanished after he couldn't book gigs anymore because of the drug habit. So that's what took him out the game. But mad legends talk about being around dude back in the 70's and early 80's, when he was active.

Flowers influenced pretty much ALL of black NYC djs of that era. He was derailed by drug usage.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
No, HipHip was already going on in 1970 by Herc's own admission

It didn't start with Herc...straight from Herc's own mouth!:

wgN4kd0.jpeg

48yBAWo.jpeg

8CIU41c.jpeg

No, that was Coke La Rock that came up with those phrases; not Herc

the modern rap style came from Dj Hollywood circa 1971

REAL BRONX HIPHOP HISTORY AS TOLD BY THOSE WHO WERE THERE IN 1970!

^^^the man who directly influenced Herc via the Plaza Tunnel circa 1970

NVuf76W.jpeg

CAME THROUGH AND
BODIED THESE nikkaS

:devil:
:evil:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

Riff170 was rolling with Herc, Phase, StayHigh149, Coke La Rock etc...in the late 1960s/early1970s. Are you going to tell me he's wrong too?:russ:

Riff is the earliest flyer guy of HipHop

Phase2 said this about the Black and Puerto Rican relations of his time :sas2:

Last edited: