Lord Jamar DEMOLISHES KRS-One's claim of Latinos pioneering Hip-Hop

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
:snoop:

You were so busy thinking up a corny description of me that you totally missed my point. Dude in post #160 caught it but you didn't so I know I made myself clear. But I'll simplify it.

You said not 1 of them have called out Lord Jamar by name! concerning Puerto Ricans responding to LJ and then you named Puerto Rican Hip Hop figures but Who can take LJ serious when we saw Em annihilate him in a culture debate? That was my point. Hopefully you get it now.
LJ didn't lose or sound dumb in that stupid eminem caping debate because unfortunately this industry is controlled by white men who gives two shyt about black people and their culture. So to have LJ crucifying Eminem was a bad taste and look hense why you had all these artists coming to fukking eminem's aid? why is that?LJ made it clear Eminem and his folk are guests..a guest is someone who arrives at a spot and is treated accordingly and respectfully. Eminem is a guest! At least LJ is speaking from a clear perspective!

Next debate will be SHOULD BLACK PEOPLE FULLY CLAIM HIP HOP DUE TO WHITE PEOPLE MAKING IT A BILLION DOLLAR BUSINESS?

fukk YALL

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's the thing though.

Cubans, Dominicans and Puerto Ricans are all mixed race. They are derive from Africa. There's mad Puerto Ricans who are self-haters and like to say they're white, but most of their culture has African roots. The same percentage of Puerto Ricans who identify as black, also identify as white. So you have one part who knows who they are, and the other who wants to be some sh*t they're not. At the end of the day, it's like Willie Bobo said, "I'm Puerto Rican, but I also know I'm black". People who still don’t get that, just need to learn.

Fam I grew up in a predominantly Hispanic area in NYC. I was very much aware of being black as they were aware of themselves being Puerto Rican. Wasn't any "we're black too" talk. Only some Afro Cubans and Colombians I knew claimed their ancestry and they were very dark skinned with kinky hair. Fair skinned Ricans ain't talking about having any African DNA.

The first b-boys on record are both Spanish and Black. Cholly Rock from Zulu always says that the Latins dominated in the late 70's and early 80's. But that they were there earlier, even though their families didn't want them hanging with blacks. He said, "There were Puerto Ricans with us too, but they got a lot of trouble from their own people for doing this with us". His dude Flyest Booski was one of the first b-boys. He was Puerto Rican. So was DJ Tex. All of these dudes were Zulu, and there from the beginning. So the OG's always make sure to acknowledge them and say they were there, but just not as much as we were.

Cholly did an interview with that Dr. Colon vulture and told him hip hop is black culture and the first b-boys were black so you might want to fact check that.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
LJ didn't lose or sound dumb in that stupid eminem caping debate because unfortunately this industry is controlled by white men who gives two shyt about black people and their culture. So to have LJ crucifying Eminem was a bad taste and look hense why you had all these artists coming to fukking eminem's aid? why is that?LJ made it clear Eminem and his folk are guests..a guest is someone who arrives at a spot and is treated accordingly and respectfully. Eminem is a guest! At least LJ is speaking from a clear perspective!

Next debate will be SHOULD BLACK PEOPLE FULLY CLAIM HIP HOP DUE TO WHITE PEOPLE MAKING IT A BILLION DOLLAR BUSINESS?

fukk YALL

:snoop:

Jesus Christ, you aren't paying attention to anything I said.

Dude...I was explaining to u why ain't no Puerto Ricans calling out LJ like u suggested. 1) We watched Vlad use LJ. Vlad got paid and LJ didn't but Boosie gets paid to be on Vlad, so LJ looked like a fool letting the white man get paid while he didn't. 2) The 2 Eminem albums with the LJ diss songs went platinum. So Em got paid shytting on LJ.

We watched 2 white men get paid off of LJ while LJ got nothing financially. Who wants to debate a Black Man who started off talking about "culture" but put himself in a position were white men eat off of him but he doesn't eat off of the white men back? Thats why I mentioned LJ not making a diss song back to EM. Atleast a diss song back could have been streamable to make some money and it would have kept up with Hip Hop tradition. Instead he chose no money and in the end, he looks like someone not worth debating when it comes to the culture. Yet you are wondering why Puerto Ricans wont call LJ out to debate him on the culture. Short answer: "The steak ain't worth the sizzle" as DL Hughley once said.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Fam I grew up in a predominantly Hispanic area in NYC. I was very much aware of being black as they were aware of themselves being Puerto Rican. Wasn't any "we're black too" talk. Only some Afro Cubans and Colombians I knew claimed their ancestry and they were very dark skinned with kinky hair. Fair skinned Ricans ain't talking about having any African DNA.

Cholly did an interview with that Dr. Colon vulture and told him hip hop is black culture and the first b-boys were black so you might want to fact check that.

That's all good. I get that. You might be from Brooklyn though, lol.

But I knew a million Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Cubans, Panamanians, on and on, who saw themselves as Black. But I also knew some who didn't. That's just how NYC was/is. The point isn't really in how people see themselves. It's in how we all grew up together back then. And it was the same for our parents in the 70's and 80's. So when the pioneers say they had Spanish cats with them when all of this started, I can't tell them they're lying. LOL!! They're showing respect to the dudes that were there when they founded this.

Now if they say that no Hispanics were around, that would be different. But the OG's and pioneers have always shouted out all the Latino's who were there when this was getting started. I spoke with Caz and Cholly a few years ago on some chill sh*t Uptown at Harlem Week, and everything I just quoted was what he said. Which is what he always says. But I'm sure he's done mad interviews saying the same. He literally name-drops all the Spanish dudes who were there, a lot.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall dont know the difference between “create” and contribute”.

Latinos did not create hip hop. Contribute, sure.

They know the difference they're just trying to be slick.

Black people create and others try to appropriate our creations. That's always been a thing but they have no leverage to claim jazz, the blues, soul, or rock. Hip hop is something they feel like they can change the narrative on and lay claim to because of proximity to the black communities in NY.

Ask them to name the prominent figures in hip hop and they'll struggle to name more than a handful of Puerto Ricans though.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's all good. I get that. You might be from Brooklyn though, lol.

But I knew a million Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Cubans, Panamanians, on and on, who saw themselves as Black. But I also knew some who didn't. That's just how NYC was/is. The point isn't really in how people see themselves. It's in how we all grew up together back then. And it was the same for our parents in the 70's and 80's. So when the pioneers say they had Spanish cats with them when all of this started, I can't tell them they're lying. LOL!! They're showing respect to the dudes that were there when they founded this.

This is revisionist history. There wasn't just some we're all the same mentality. The communities were still separate to a degree despite proximity. Black people were largely with their own and vice versa. Hip hop was the main driving force behind bringing the younger generation together. Most of the the Ricans who were participating in hip hop all say their parents had a problem with them being with the black people. Their parents were either fresh off the boat or second generation.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
This is revisionist history. There wasn't just some we're all the same mentality. The communities were still separate to a degree despite proximity. Black people were largely with their own and vice versa. Hip hop was the main driving force behind bringing the younger generation together. Most of the the Ricans who were participating in hip hop all say their parents had a problem with them being with the black people. Their parents were either fresh off the boat or second generation.
or they were more white than afro latino or mulatto?

800px-EarlyPRimmigrants.gif

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC

Bro, I'm originally from The Bronx.

This is how it was. Maybe not for you, if your hood was mostly Ricans. But where I'm from it was split down the middle, black and Spanish. A lot of people we knew were mixed, black and Spanish. So I can't speak for other parts of the city like Brooklyn and Queens. But my OG's were dudes like Diamond, Lord Finesse, and Showbiz. I grew up under them. We would be in Forest and Patterson Projects, all day. Mitchel, Mott Haven, all that. Our block was 1/2 black, 1/2 Hispanic. Which is why today, Diamond says "Fat Joe is one of us, we all saw ourselves as the same back then." So that's how it was for us, and still is today with the people we came up with. We didn't do that separate sh*t like they did in other spots.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
The rest of that bullshyt u posted is a distraction. So lets focus on what u said here:

Now...U just admitted

the individual parts came from various parts of NYC and some, even outside of NY

Lets go back to what I had originally said in post #92 about the Jamaican, King Charles being before Kool Herc

What about the Jamacian, DJ King Charles who was late 60s Hip Hop before Herc?

You then mentioned Flowers and Pete Jones correct?

So Flowers, Pete Jones and King Charles would be included in the individual parts that came from various parts of NYC and some, even outside of NY

I then specified that Flowers was already Djing in Brooklyn with two turntables and he was mixing in 1966. King Charles wasn't even in the USA in 1966, therefore, he had nothing to do with the Afram djing tradition

I mean you tried it with the Flowers 66 vs King Charles 68 nonsense after the fact but again you first said

see above

And you didn't specify what year or by who when u said that...u literally said "various parts" and those various parts would include the Jamacian, DJ King Charles influence.

CheckMate

:sas2:

dates on important dances/music/djing aspects as it relates to HipHop are in this video

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Puerto Ricans are predominantly European in ancestry. Taino and African are mixed in but they're mostly fair skinned.

Bro, that's wild far from the truth.

Which is why the Spanish people in Spain don’t even acknowledge them. Puerto Ricans are mostly derived from Africa. Not Europe. I know a million Puerto Ricans darker than ME. But this idea that they come from Europe is the lie that has some of them believing they're white, when they're not. White people don’t come in brown. Ricans are mixed with 3-4 races, which all trace back to Africa.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
I then specified that Flowers was already Djing in Brooklyn with two turntables and he was mixing in 1966. King Charles wasn't even in the USA in 1966, therefore, he had nothing to do with the Afram djing tradition
:ufdup:

Cholly Rock who was in Tariqs documentary claims DJ Grandmaster Flowers was not a Hip Hop DJ during it's origin but more a Disco DJ who later jumped on the wagon once Hip Hop became more popular. Cholly Rock was very adament about seperating who was there at first and who wasn't because he claims a lot of the disco DJs hated Hip Hop at first.

So if you gonna disregard King Charles then we gonna disregard Flowers too because Cholly Rock was there and you weren't.

CheckMate

:sas2:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bro, I'm originally from The Bronx.

This is how it was. Maybe not for you, if your hood was mostly Ricans. But where I'm from it was split down the middle, black and Spanish. A lot of people we knew were mixed, black and Spanish. So I can't speak for other parts of the city like Brooklyn and Queens. But my OG's were dudes like Diamond, Lord Finesse, and Showbiz. I grew up under them. We would be in Forest and Patterson Projects, all day. Mitchel, Mott Haven, all that. Our block was 1/2 black, 1/2 Hispanic. Which is why today, Diamond says "Fat Joe is one of us, we all saw ourselves as the same back then." So that's how it was for us, and still is today with the people we came up with. We didn't do that separate sh*t like they did in other spots.

Your area was different.

There's a few sections of NY where it's like that but my family is from West Harlem and I can't recall having interactions with Hispanics in those projects.

Now I had cousins who were mixed and they were in Spanish Harlem. I'd go visit and barely see any black people. That's just a difference of a few blocks.

I had family in the South Bronx and those projects were mostly black too.