Lord Jamar DEMOLISHES KRS-One's claim of Latinos pioneering Hip-Hop

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Koop Herc said himself he didnt found hip hop

No, he didn't.

I've seen him a million times in person saying he's the father and founded Hip Hop. All the legends from Nas to the people who were there at the time all credit him with it. This is not even debatable. The only people trying to discredit him over the past few years are casuals and weirdos. Bro always says he founded it. This was just a year ago. He says it again. Y'all wildin'.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
No, he didn't.

I've seen him a million times in person saying he's the father and founded Hip Hop. All the legends from Nas to the people who were there at the time all credit him with it. This is not even debatable. The only people trying to discredit him over the past few years are casuals and weirdos. Bro always says he founded it. This was just a year ago. He says it again. Y'all wildin'.

Kool Herc did not found hip hop. Sorry breh.

You Jamaican right?

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Kool Herc did not found hip hop. Sorry breh.

You Jamaican right?

Nah, I'm not Jamaican.

You said he said he didn't found it. I show you a recent video with him saying he did...now you're asking if I'm Jamaican, lol.

But I'm gonna go with what the pioneers and legends say about Herc. People that were there at the beginning would know. So I'm gonna go with that.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
If you're willing to die on a hill built with the ramblings of an idiot, so be it. I only deal with facts!

But I seen with my own eyes Juice acknowledging @Art Barr so he has waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more credibility when speaking on the actual culture compared to you who gets his Hip Hop info from Youtube videos and books and not actually going outside and mingling with those in the actual culture like Art Barr.

So......Which rapper or DJ who is actually affiliated with the culture and history has vouched for you? Name them, Show me proof of someone actually in the culture who can vouch for you, I'll wait.

:jbhmm:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, it's like Caz always says, there were Hispanics there from the beginning too. But there were just way more of us back then, than them. Disco Wiz, Caz's first DJ and music partner, was Puerto Rican and Cuban. Chase was Puerto Rican, and he founded Cold Crush with Caz. So there were Latino's there at the start. It's like Flash says, nobody took b-boying to the heights of where it was, like the Hispanic dancers back then. Around '78-'79, they were the ones basically running that sh*t.

I grew up across the street from the original Rocksteady Park. After school, as kids, we would walk by the park and it would be all Hispanic dudes breaking in there. Crazy Legs, Mr. Wiggles, and all them dudes were the faces of breaking back then. A lot of the early b-boys and DJ's were Hispanic. Were there more of us than them? Definitely. But they were there.

I'm glad you mentioned this because it proves my point.

Black kids were the first b boys, Ricans joined in, black kids moved away from it, Ricans stayed and became the dominant group. Even if you look at breaking in the later decades or watch any Redbull battles it's barely any black dancers. That doesn't mean that we didn't found the art form.

If anything it highlights who the creators are. If you were around at that time you stopped trying to windmill and were trying to emulate the new dances.

Rap videos didn't have breaking anymore but rappers were dancing themselves like Kane and Heavy D while having Scoob & Scrap/G-Wiz & Trouble T as backups. EPMD had dancers. Dr. Ice and Kangol were known dancers before being known rappers. Even a gangster like Kool G Rap had dancers, Shawn and Kenny. Everyone tried the Kid n Play kick step. We left b-boying because we had new styles developing.

Look how many dances we've created in the years since. We had the running man, cabbage patch, crip walking, Memphis Jookin, krumping, Harlem Shake, hit dem folks, Milly Rock, etc. That's just a random few. We'd be here all day naming them. Black kids are literally inventing dances every other month.

Now name the dances that Puerto Ricans have started in that timeframe :russ:

Black people create culture constantly but I'm supposed to believe that hip hop wouldn't exist without them. Yes we will absolutely acknowledge everyone's contributions but they have to acknowledge that this is black culture at its foundation. Without us it doesn't exist. Without them it still exists.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
this convo really got every Puerto Rican hip hop artist, b boy etc fuelled up ..and not 1 of them have called out Lord Jamar by name!

tony touch, doo wop, fat joe etc...
:comeon:

We already saw LJ take an L to Em when it came to the culture debate so LJ isn't some champion for that cause based on the history. Eminem gave Lord Jamar that work on the mic/wax TWICE and Jamar never responded back on the mic/wax.

If it's MC to MC the proper response is on wax not on IG and Em humbled himself and acknowledged he was a guest in Hip Hop while at the same time verbally spanking Lord Jamar TWICE. Soon after Lord Jamar fell out with the platform ( VladTV ) that gave him his biggest voice to troll Em for the sake of going viral.

In the end, both Em albums where he disses LJ went platinum while LJ and Vlad fell out and LJ admitted he never got paid doing those videos with Vlad which made him look like a fool for being used by Vlad while getting nothing financially. On top of LJ never responding on the mic back to Em like a true MC is supposed to.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

We already saw LJ take an L to Em when it came to the culture debate so LJ isn't some champion for that cause based on the history. Eminem gave Lord Jamar that work on the mic/wax TWICE and Jamar never responded back on the mic/wax.

If it's MC to MC the proper response is on wax not on IG and Em humbled himself and acknowledged he was a guest in Hip Hop while at the same time verbally spanking Lord Jamar TWICE. Soon after Lord Jamar fell out with the platform ( VladTV ) that gave him his biggest voice to troll Em for the sake of going viral.

In the end, both Em albums where he disses LJ went platinum while LJ and Vlad fell out and LJ admitted he never got paid doing those videos with Vlad which made him look like a fool for being used by Vlad while getting nothing financially. On top of LJ never responding on the mic back to Em like a true MC is supposed to.
Lord Jamar is too ignorant for a nuanced discussion and this is why I had to stop watching his podcast with Rah Digga. She always came off way more knowledgeable than him and he always kinda dismissed her and disrespected her and I didn't like that shyt at all. I see why it didn't last.

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Black people create culture constantly but I'm supposed to believe that hip hop wouldn't exist without them. Yes we will absolutely acknowledge everyone's contributions but they have to acknowledge that this is black culture at its foundation. Without us it doesn't exist. Without them it still exists.

That's the thing though.

Cubans, Dominicans and Puerto Ricans are all mixed race. They are derive from Africa. There's mad Puerto Ricans who are self-haters and like to say they're white, but most of their culture has African roots. The same percentage of Puerto Ricans who identify as black, also identify as white. So you have one part who knows who they are, and the other who wants to be some sh*t they're not. At the end of the day, it's like Willie Bobo said, "I'm Puerto Rican, but I also know I'm black". People who still don’t get that, just need to learn.

The first b-boys on record are both Spanish and Black. Cholly Rock from Zulu always says that the Latins dominated in the late 70's and early 80's. But that they were there earlier, even though their families didn't want them hanging with blacks. He said, "There were Puerto Ricans with us too, but they got a lot of trouble from their own people for doing this with us". His dude Flyest Booski was one of the first b-boys. He was Puerto Rican. So was DJ Tex. All of these dudes were Zulu, and there from the beginning. So the OG's always make sure to acknowledge them and say they were there, but just not as much as we were.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Nah, I'm not Jamaican.

You said he said he didn't found it. I show you a recent video with him saying he did...now you're asking if I'm Jamaican, lol.

But I'm gonna go with what the pioneers and legends say about Herc. People that were there at the beginning would know. So I'm gonna go with that.
Where are your people from?

If kool herc says he found it, does that mean he’s automatically true?

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

what the fuk does cracker devil culture vulture eminem have to do with this? This is about roots and creation of the culture and movement! get your long neck and curly eye lashes coc00nery out of here!

I was just questioning why havent the Rican hip hop acts and personalities from partcular the golden age the sons of the foundation era spoke up and speak up properly! Not just frowning on instagram pages and yawwning..i want real words and etc. Maybe they are alright with Lord Jamar stating that Ricans were there but did not help create or influence the beginning stages of it all..i dont know? Do i agree with Lord Jamar Yes and No, hip hop is a black movement and puerto ricans happen to be there and get involved, not all ricans but a good amount were REPRESENTING, man wish Miguel Pineo were still alive and he would drop some gems stars!

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
what the fuk does cracker devil culture vulture eminem have to do with this? This is about roots and creation of the culture and movement! get your long neck and curly eye lashes coc00nery out of here!

I was just questioning why havent the Rican hip hop acts and personalities from partcular the golden age the sons of the foundation era spoke up and speak up properly! Not just frowning on instagram pages and yawwning..i want real words and etc. Maybe they are alright with Lord Jamar stating that Ricans were there but did not help create or influence the beginning stages of it all..i dont know? Do i agree with Lord Jamar Yes and No, hip hop is a black movement and puerto ricans happen to be there and get involved, not all ricans but a good amount were REPRESENTING, man wish Miguel Pineo were still alive and he would drop some gems stars!
:snoop:

You were so busy thinking up a corny description of me that you totally missed my point. Dude in post #160 caught it but you didn't so I know I made myself clear. But I'll simplify it.

You said not 1 of them have called out Lord Jamar by name! concerning Puerto Ricans responding to LJ and then you named Puerto Rican Hip Hop figures. But Who can take LJ serious when we saw Em ( a white boy) annihilate him in a culture debate? That was my point. Hopefully you get it now.

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Where are your people from?

If kool herc says he found it, does that mean he’s automatically true?

If he's been saying it for 50 years, and every pioneer and legend from his era and before says the same, then yes. He's the only name. People can't discredit his legacy and not have another source. If Herc didn't do it, then who did? Everyone from that time says Herc. Even the people who don’t like him, lol.

I go by what the people who were actually there say. They were all there and watched it happen in real-time.

My people are from the south. I'm black. Raised in the South Bronx and Harlem. So everything I'm saying is what I've been hearing from the legends as far as I can remember. My elders tell the same stories.