Looking for a new career that pays 150k+? GTFIH (HIRING!!)

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I considered doing back in 08/09 because I couldn't find gainful employment during the recession. The amount of people applying was ridiculous and then I found they could move you to Montana, I was cool on that...

This is good for the youngins though. Grind it out for 2-3 years and then relo and be making 6 figures plus. Sometimes you gotta sacrifice a lil to take 2-3 steps ahead in life.

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
I regret not doing this after high school. I applied to the aeronautical school but chose to go to another college. I’d have been making bank by now

I heard it’s a really stressful job and that a lot of them are alcoholics.

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I’ve been trying to apply to it for an hour and the website takes forever to load and then gives me an error. I already tried closing and reopening Google Chrome and restarting my computer and the same thing happens.

There was only one time where the page loaded properly and I was able to answer a couple of questions but then I got the error again on the next page. Maybe so many people are trying to apply that it broke the site?

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Do i need tp have any air force or any prioir miltary service or experince
Absolutely zero experience required when it comes to aviation or prior military. I was in the military but didn't come close to aviation, and it didn't do anything for me when I applied.

I would say generally people in my area and building have some sort of degree in ATC, or were prior controllers in the military.... But that's generally because this job is pretty terrible at advertising itself, so those are the only people that know about this job

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
I’ve been trying to apply to it for an hour and the website takes forever to load and then gives me an error. I already tried closing and reopening Google Chrome and restarting my computer and the same thing happens.

There was only one time where the page loaded properly and I was able to answer a couple of questions but then I got the error again on the next page. Maybe so many people are trying to apply that it broke the site?
That's why it's got a 3 day window I believe. I remember when I applied way back there was something like 15-20k applications? It was based on an personality test to see if you had the right personality for it .. from there it dwindled the applicants by like 90% (that whole thing got taken to court) so they got rid of it and just allow any number of people to apply before that deadline and take the test.

Ghetto Denizen

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Oddly enough I was recently stuck on runway in a plane in Orlando because they was a shortage of air traffic controllers for that day.