Looking for a new career that pays 150k+? GTFIH (HIRING!!)

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Im also a controller and I can attest to what breh is saying

The stress thing is wayy overrated. OKC sucks, but even if you wash out you can stack an ok amount of money off the per diem. Training fukking sucks unless you go to a cake tower. Some facilities (New york center and approach, chicago tracon, fukking oakland center) are black holes where trainees go to die and you are guaranteed a 6 day workwee when you get certified.

Once you are checked out tho its usually super chill. Even when Its busy as fukk or theres a bunch of weather around, you go home and dont have to think twice about your job. Its really good money and theres lots of opportunities to move up either as a controller, office jobs or management
In your opinion what are the best facilities to work at?

Daps
In your opinion what are the best facilities to work at?
I mostly know the worst ones. I know jacksonville center though is supposed to be really good.

Id say the biggest factor is where you wanna live and how much you care about money. I said New york was hell but if you really really want big paychecks and can make it through the training youll be clearing 200k+ easily there.

As a rule of thumb, the mid level facilities you can get away with more shyt and life is more relaxed, the bigger facilities youll be making bank but itll be more stressfull. But its a lottery, some level 12s (the highest level a facility can be) have areas where youre constantly getting your ass kicked and areas where you're barely doing shyt and making the same money.

If you pass the academy theyll have you pick from a list. If youre center the options are a lot more limited than tower. The good thing is that you can transfer relatively easily, especially if youre willing to scheme your way out (medical or family hardship for example)

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Maybe, but I'd assume there's gotta be some new young users or people who are just browsing the website that could take the job posting and apply.

I know the biggest thing about this career field is it's stressful.. and really it is over hyped on the stress part. The toughest part is dealing with terrible bitter coworkers, and being ok with shift work in alot of buildings.

Most schedules look like this:

2-10pm
1-9pm
7am-3pm
5am-1pm.... Followed by a very quick turnaround where you come back at 10pm until 6am, and essentially have 3.5 days off until your next shift
That looks like money to me schedule wise.

Unfortunately I'm a felon they won't hire me but tthese boys better stop sleeping that's a industry that will never go under.

ADK

Cleaner, I got this.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
Breh you said you were older than me like last week, I'm 25, you ain't work full time at least 3 years? Even if you worked part time, lie about how many hours you worked at whatever job you had :dahell:. Didn't say you needed full time work in that particular field.

"What qualifications do I need?

You need to either have a 4 year degree.. a 2 year degree with 1-2 years full time work experience.. or 3 years full time work experience. You also need to be UNDER 31 YEARS OLD."

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Breh you said you were older than me like last week, I'm 25, you ain't work full time at least 3 years? Even if you worked part time, lie about how many hours you worked at whatever job you had :dahell:. Didn't say you needed full time work in that particular field.

"What qualifications do I need?

You need to either have a 4 year degree.. a 2 year degree with 1-2 years full time work experience.. or 3 years full time work experience. You also need to be UNDER 31 YEARS OLD."
I thought that referred to a similar field. I have lots of work experience. 27

• Dap
Reactions: ADK

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
I mostly know the worst ones. I know jacksonville center though is supposed to be really good.

Id say the biggest factor is where you wanna live and how much you care about money. I said New york was hell but if you really really want big paychecks and can make it through the training youll be clearing 200k+ easily there.

As a rule of thumb, the mid level facilities you can get away with more shyt and life is more relaxed, the bigger facilities youll be making bank but itll be more stressfull. But its a lottery, some level 12s (the highest level a facility can be) have areas where youre constantly getting your ass kicked and areas where you're barely doing shyt and making the same money.

If you pass the academy theyll have you pick from a list. If youre center the options are a lot more limited than tower. The good thing is that you can transfer relatively easily, especially if youre willing to scheme your way out (medical or family hardship for example)
You tower or enroute? I'm enroute and honestly like it, but the older crowd in my area can be terrible. Any black/minorities in your facility or for the most part pretty terrible?

I've heard alot about Jacksonville center being terrible, but there's a rumor about an opening for transfers to go there and get move, etc paid. Not worth it to me but if there's someone stuck in some chitty tower might be worth it.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Im also a controller and I can attest to what breh is saying

The stress thing is wayy overrated. OKC sucks, but even if you wash out you can stack an ok amount of money off the per diem. Training fukking sucks unless you go to a cake tower. Some facilities (New york center and approach, chicago tracon, fukking oakland center) are black holes where trainees go to die and you are guaranteed a 6 day workwee when you get certified.

Once you are checked out tho its usually super chill. Even when Its busy as fukk or theres a bunch of weather around, you go home and dont have to think twice about your job. Its really good money and theres lots of opportunities to move up either as a controller, office jobs or management

Damn so bad weather days y'all don't work?:ohhh: