Looking for a new career that pays 150k+? GTFIH (HIRING!!)

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Why the age limit discrimination tho?
There's a very steep mental decline after 56 in this job, and they want you to get at least 20 yrs of service in.

There's a mandatory retirement age of 56 (but you can retire at 50), but you get a 6 figure pension along with however much in your TSP.

Not uncommon people end up with $4mil + from retirement savings plus their yearly 6 figure pension.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
regional-airlines-first-officer-salary.png

major-airlines-captain-salary.jpg

Yeah I gotta go for Majors. My only gripe is I have an Associates. I wonder will they lower standards for that.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I gotta go for Majors. My only gripe is I have an Associates. I wonder will they lower standards for that.
Its a progression.. you need a certain amount of hours and ratings on planes to hit a majors. Most start at a regional to get those sort of hours and ratings on planes then progress up to a major airline

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Isn't it one of the hardest and most stressful jobs in the world?

Never heard this before but I will say one thing if you are dude who cannot follow instructions and he consistent this is not the job.

You will get fired instantly if you even close your eyes half way shut. Some of these dudes can’t even consistently wake up for work on time

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
:whoa:

fukk around and have these depressed, no p*ssy having ass nikkaz responsible for flight paths.

nE1sCLdI6Dk77X6hYfoE4e3w-GKfSprUkiQGcSMYsJg.jpg

breaking-bad-plane-crash.gif
It's why you always put headings in the 4th line as an ATC so you can have a visual of what you gave. But also unrealistic to an extent cause modern commerical airliners have TCAS which would alert the pilot of another aircraft and give instructions to miss

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
You also need to be UNDER 31 YEARS OLD.

Why the fukk is this? And you also might wanna put that as the first sentence so people don't spend 5 minutes reading just to find out they can't apply for whatever dumbass reason these white people made up.

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Too old to apply, but i'm so comfortable with remote work, I wouldn't apply anyway, even for the $150K :yeshrug:
just direct the flights from your home in pajamas
*Boesing crashes into Airbus*

oops i was on the PS5 for a few minutes :lolbron:

Daps
Im also a controller and I can attest to what breh is saying

The stress thing is wayy overrated. OKC sucks, but even if you wash out you can stack an ok amount of money off the per diem. Training fukking sucks unless you go to a cake tower. Some facilities (New york center and approach, chicago tracon, fukking oakland center) are black holes where trainees go to die and you are guaranteed a 6 day workwee when you get certified.

Once you are checked out tho its usually super chill. Even when Its busy as fukk or theres a bunch of weather around, you go home and dont have to think twice about your job. Its really good money and theres lots of opportunities to move up either as a controller, office jobs or management

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
There's a very steep mental decline after 56 in this job, and they want you to get at least 20 yrs of service in.

There's a mandatory retirement age of 56 (but you can retire at 50), but you get a 6 figure pension along with however much in your TSP.

Not uncommon people end up with $4mil + from retirement savings plus their yearly 6 figure pension.
If they want you to have 20 years in and a mandatory retirement at 56, why isn't 36 the cutoff age? I don't expect you to have the answer to this, you didn't make the rule, I'm just pointing out how contradictory this is...

Also I'm guessing as a federal career a criminal background is a no-go?

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
If they want you to have 20 years in and a mandatory retirement at 56, why isn't 36 the cutoff age? I don't expect you to have the answer to this, you didn't make the rule, I'm just pointing out how contradictory this is...

Also I'm guessing as a federal career a criminal background is a no-go?
They do a background check, if you got enroute you need to get a "secret" security clearance. Don't think you do if you do for tower. Regardless, gotta pass a background (no felonies, no DUI although recently they've been lenient on it, etc)