Looking for a new career that pays 150k+? GTFIH (HIRING!!)

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Huh, I've heard otherwise from a friend that works at Boeing now after changing her mind about it.

Not knocking it at all, and hopefully some ppl here can get in. But idk if it's as easy/light as you're saying.
I mean..... I do the career lol so I'd say not everyone is cut out for it sure, but generally the stress part can be over exaggerated

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
What’s the location? I’m highly considering this :jbhmm:
ATC facilities are all over the nation.. as small as your local airport down the road, and as big as LAX or a center in a suburb that talks to planes high in the air.

Do they do random drug tests??
They do. And randomly alcohol test as well

ADK

Cleaner, I got this.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
ATC facilities are all over the nation.. as small as your local airport down the road, and as big as LAX or a center in a suburb that talks to planes high in the air.

They do. And randomly alcohol test as well
I’ll go for it then, I’m 25 and looking for something new :yeshrug:

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
My uncle was a air traffic controller, back in 2009 me and my cousin went to ATL to test for the job. I failed and he passed, he was recruited and shipped to Iowa back in 2010. and was transferred to Baltimore at the beginning of the year. Glad I failed, I couldn't imagine doing that shyt for a living,

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
My uncle was a air traffic controller, back in 2009 me and my cousin went to ATL to test for the job. I failed and he passed, he was recruited and shipped to Iowa back in 2010. and was transferred to Baltimore at the beginning of the year. Glad I failed, I couldn't imagine doing that shyt for a living,
Nah this ain't the military, you can sort of choose your location now from a list after you graduate from the FAA academy.

As far as transferring, YOU are the one who puts in a request to ERR. Or I suppose if you don't pass training then you could potentially have a list of other facilities and places that you could choose from as a "2nd chance"

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Nah this ain't the military, you can sort of choose your location now from a list after you graduate from the FAA academy.

As far as transferring, YOU are the one who puts in a request to ERR. Or I suppose if you don't pass training then you could potentially have a list of other facilities and places that you could choose from as a "2nd chance"
:yeshrug: ALl i know is he did his training in Texas

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug: ALl i know is he did his training in Texas
Then no that wasn't the FAA. The academy is located in Oklahoma City. Has been for a long time now, they used to have a couple programs back in the day (90s) where you could go through it and straight to a facility, but not anymore.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
My pops was BEGGING me to pursue this when I came outta highschool. They had a ton of retirements/openings at the time. I didn't trust that my math skills were up to par, shyt sounded like you needed to be a savant. In retrospect I would've at least tried

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
My pops was BEGGING me to pursue this when I came outta highschool. They had a ton of retirements/openings at the time. I didn't trust that my math skills were up to par, shyt sounded like you needed to be a savant. In retrospect I would've at least tried
This is a common thinking. That you gotta be super book smart.. and sure it def could help, but I've seen plenty of people who were SO smart, knew all about aviation and planes and rules. But when it came down to actually doing it, they would have a hard time applying all this info that they knew.

Meanwhile I've seen so many times a guy who's previous job was a warehouse, or a hell even fast food spot, where they could do the job quickly and accurately and didn't have nearly as many problems.

This is one of those careers where you can never tell how someone will do till they try.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Not sure if this is the right one

Announcement number
AWA-AHF-17-PWDPWTD-54074

It's open to the public