Looking back on it ps3>>>>ps4

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
It is an underrated machine. We forget what it brought to the table in 2006.

Before thar generation, there were more limits in the type of games you would play as it was not possible to accomplish the most basic of attacks.

A lot of the games you see today could exist on the PS3. They'd obviously be stripped of a lot features and performance would drop, but they would be able to make a game out of their idea.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My PS3 Slim was abused heavy :shaq:

loved that version of it the most…that’s the one I still have…hated the super slim…the fat ones were cool…I had a 60GB one I think…I remember thinking 60GB was too much space especially since I mostly had physical games…now 1TB is barely just enough lol

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
My mom got a launch 20gb from circuit city. shyt had no wifi, no sd card slots, no chrome trim. My mom bought it cause they ain't have no 60gbs and planned to return it. The temptation was too much for me though:wow: I had to flex on nikkas at school. Made an unboxing video and couldn't return it after I opened it. :mjcry:

Had to run a long ass cord through the hallway. To get online. :wow:

My shyt broke and 08 and Sony sent me shytty refurb that constantly overheated, shyt died at the end of 13. Copped a 80gb in 15, shyt is cool but the ps2 games don't run as smooth as they did with the originals.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
My mom got a launch 20gb from circuit city. shyt had no wifi, no sd card slots, no chrome trim. My mom bought it cause they ain't have no 60gbs and planned to return it. The temptation was too much for me though:wow: I had to flex on nikkas at school. Made an unboxing video and couldn't return it after I opened it. :mjcry:

Had to run a long ass cord through the hallway. To get online. :wow:

My shyt broke and 08 and Sony sent me shytty refurb that constantly overheated, shyt died at the end of 13. Copped a 80gb in 15, shyt is cool but the ps2 games don't run as smooth as they did with the originals.
Bruh I wanted that 60gb so bad I ended up getting scammed of some fake seller on some eBay type site selling one for the low.

but when I finally got it, a bruh was :blessed:

:mindblown: at having wifi built in

:blessed: at being full 1080p output (I don’t even think my tv was 1080p at the time. 1080i I think)

Going from AC cables to hdmi was :mjgrin: cuz you ain’t have to buy a separate cable no more.

Couple years later i jail broke it and you could have full acces to the file system, and even dump your Blu-ray movies/games to the system using the Blu-ray drive.

all types of emulators and shyt. FTP acces. Desktop with home screen and music.

damn man I love that system.

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Ps3 has high sentimental value to me. Was the first console I bought with my own money. First time playing online. Setup the media center so I could stream movies to it from my pc. Was streaming before Netflix. I remember plugging it into my HD TV and seeing MGS4 go from SD to HD:whoo:For all it's faults in its first 3 years, Sony really got it together post 09' and it was GOAT status after with exclusives. Ps4 was a continuation on friendlier hardware.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
PS3 and the 360 was the goat era of gaming period imo. The leap in gameplay and graphics from the PS2/OG XBOX to PS3/360 was massive! Everything now is basically just better graphics

It was also the era of blockbuster games that did not hold no punches. Sure the patches and glitches were a pain in the ass, but the games felt more complete than this nickel and dime era of gaming. I remember seeing my old classmate showing off Linux on his PS3 and I went apeshyt:krs:. Once I copped that jawn, it was like the Mona Lisa. Everything about it felt so complete from the backward compatibility *I had the 80gb PS2 emulator jawn*, to the multitasking portion *browsing the web, social services like PS Home, etc).

I remember playing my brothers PS4 and going...this is not impressive :shaq2:. Yeah, I had a gaming PC at the time but it just did not hit the same like the PS3. Everything felt so tight knit and boring :russell:. No XMB, no barely backward compatibility, and just a overall mundane experience. Even the Xbox One had the same issues compared to the 360. The lack of innovation killed all the joy for me gaming wise. Even nowadays in this era of "ray tracing" and streaming shyt, it just feels like something is missing that the PS3/360 era had...and that's soul.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Ps3 has high sentimental value to me. Was the first console I bought with my own money. First time playing online. Setup the media center so I could stream movies to it from my pc. Was streaming before Netflix. I remember plugging it into my HD TV and seeing MGS4 go from SD to HD:whoo:For all it's faults in its first 3 years, Sony really got it together post 09' and it was GOAT status after with exclusives. Ps4 was a continuation on friendlier hardware.
Nobody wanna bring it up, but ps4 was worse. :manny: