Looking back, it's fukked up how 2pac went at C. Delores Tucker

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
C. Delores Tucker was a pawn to white men.

Like she was the only one.

1489770934538-death-row-3.jpeg

1404161929_080211_music_watch_throne_jay_z_2_54.jpg

clive-davis-puff.jpg

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
The NAACP was foolish.There was never any momentum.They bought into the white lies.

They fought and begged to be apart of the dominant society.

Some of them were ok for the moment.Got good jobs/plugged into white networks

But at the detriment of future generations.Mistakenly thinking those same opportunities were going to be available for their children.

But those avenues dried up quick.

Free Trade exploded and the landscape changed

But of course, the "powers that be" already knew that would happen.

They always toss you a lil bone right before the ship's about to sink.

You happy with your "Plan A" victory

but they've already cast plan "ABCDEFGHIJK" down the wheel of time

Knowing that you're going to get fukked eventually.

Your enemies are wiser than you.

The NAACP wasn't nothing but a cozy lil cot in massa's attic

The idea is to get out of massa's house

Donald Sterling has a lifetime achievement NAACP award and was about to get another one before shorty went public with his statements.

:mjlol:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I see now why her and others were against the music and its influence on children now. :manny:

As a youth I was cheering Pac on when he mentioned her but now not so much. I think eventually he could maybe not agree with her but at least respect her viewpoint if he got older.
It wasn't her viewpoint that was the problem. That was part of it. She directly attacked him without giving him a chance for dialogue with her. She used that shyt as a political tool. The shyt she was doing was damn near grounds for a defamation suit.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
That's pretty much what happened.
No it isn't. That shyt is a lie. And the number of classic and successful albums during that time frame that DIDNT have that kinda content is proof of it. nikka do u even remember what was poppin during that time frame? That shyt was an excuse for artists who didn't last. But it wasn't a valid one.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It wasn't her viewpoint that was the problem. That was part of it. She directly attacked him without giving him a chance for dialogue with her. She used that shyt as a political tool. The shyt she was doing was damn near grounds for a defamation suit.

Why should she give him a chance for a dialogue? Did Pac ever speak out against those teens shooting that cop after blaming Pacs music?

Nope.

2pac gave zero dialogue on the situation so he was fair game for going after. That was the main reason they called him out in the 1st place and him not openly denouncing what those kids did left him wide open for such criticism.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
why are you posting all these niche acts, first & foremost.. :dahell:

1995.. lets see.. OB4CL, Liquid Swordz, Soul Food, Do You Want More..?, Poverty's Paradsise, Coast II Coast, Labcabincalifornia, Sittin On Chrome, The Show OST... ODBs album.. Goodfellaz..

hip hop was still, very lyrical.. matter of fact, there was actually more of a balance at that time, than i can remember..

if you were around back then.. im sure you wouldnt have to rely on video clips of niche acts, to attempt to re-affirm anything.. whats next.. you gonna post a clip of Fat Boys, saying something about how hip-hop changed in the 90s..? :dwillhuh:

i also just realized, you said ATCQ was around in the 80s.. they didnt drop until 1st quarter of 90.. im just going to conclude you have no idea wtf you're even talking about.. :mjgrin:

:myman:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Why should she give him a chance for a dialogue? Did Pac ever speak out against those teens shooting that cop after blaming Pacs music?

Nope.

2pac gave zero dialogue on the situation so he was fair game for going after. That was the main reason they called him out in the 1st place and him not openly denouncing what those kids did left him wide open for criticism.
nikka :what:. fukk did he have to say? They blamed him for some shyt he had nothing to do with. Which is obvious. Only a small minded person would say the type of shyt u saying. She is a politician and launched a crusade against him. He had he RIGHT to respond and defend himself. fukk are u arguing? The shyt didn't have anything to do with her. She inserted herself. And he had the right to respond. Damn what a ignorant viewpoint u have.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
nikka :what:. fukk did he have to say? They blamed him for some shyt he had nothing to do with. Which is obvious. Only a small minded person would say the type of shyt u saying. She is a politician and launched a crusade against him. He had he RIGHT to respond and defend himself. fukk are u arguing? The shyt didn't have anything to do with her. She inserted herself. And he had the right to respond. Damn what a ignorant viewpoint u have.

ok u didnt even respond to what i said...u just hurled profanities and insults so let me re word it cuz u missed the point.

u just said it yourself....Pac said nothing after the teens blamed his music for why they shot the cop. You're the one who said She directly attacked him without giving him a chance for dialogue with her. Pac had all the chance in the world to give dialogue on the situation but like u just admitted he said nothing. So he was fair game to go after being that he said nothing after the teens shot the cop.

and its hypocritical of u to stress that Pac defended his music when she called him out yet u also stress that Pac said nothing to defend his music when those teens shot that cop cuz it had nothing to do with him.

Last edited:

ahdsend

Superstar
Daps
This thread is something else. But I don't see how it's fukkked up how Pac went at Tucker and not say the same thing about Tucker. She had an agenda, regardless is she had some valid points. She should of had a sit down with Pax instead of just attacking him.

naw that was never gonna happen....

cuz it wasnt even bout attacking pac or anyone else in music....

alotta the black elders was using certain rappers as a proxy for ALL young black males...

they didnt really give a fukk about "gangsta rap"....

it was nothin more than black elders deflectin blame onto the youth.... that means gen-x....

u notice none of the elders protest rap music anymore.... even tho it still promotes violence AND drug use....

cuz thats what they were all about in their own lives....

gangsta rap aint create the single mother epidemic, gang violence, drug abuse, high school drop out....

thats 100% on the civil rights generation... mostly baby boomers...

all u gotta do is peep americas homicide rate...

went thru the ROOF the 60s after a record low in the 40s and 50s... the numbers dont lie....

Decivilization in the 1960s

And figure two, Homicide rates in US and England 1900-2000, shows that in the 1960s the homicide rate in America went through the roof.

Figure two - Homicide rates in US and England 1900-2000

After a three-decade free fall that spanned the Great Depression, World War II, and the Cold War, Americans multiplied their homicide rate by more than two and a half, from a low of 4.0 in 1957 to a high of 10.2 in 1980 (U.S. Bureau of Statistics; Fox and Zawitz: 2007). The upsurge included every other category of major crime as well, including rape, assault, robbery, and theft, and lasted (with ups and downs) for three decades. The cities got particularly dangerous, especially New York, which became a symbol of the new criminality. Though the surge in violence affected all the races and both genders, it was most dramatic among black men, whose annual homicide rate had shot up by the mid-1980s to 72 per 100,000.

The rebounding of violence in the 1960s defied every expectation. The decade was a time of unprecedented economic growth, nearly full employment, levels of economic equality for which people today are nostalgic, historic racial progress, and the blossoming of government social programs, not to mention medical advances that made victims more likely to survive being shot or knifed. Social theorists in 1962 would have happily bet that these fortunate conditions would lead to a continuing era of low crime. And they would have lost their shirts.

Why did the Western world embark on a three-decade binge of crime from which it has never fully recovered? This is one of several local reversals of the long-term decline of violence that I will examine in this book. If the analysis is on the right track, then the historical changes I have been invoking to explain the decline should have gone into reverse at the time of the surges.

An obvious place to look is demographics. The 1940s and 1950s, when crime rates hugged the floor, were the great age of marriage. Americans got married in numbers not seen before or since, which removed men from the streets and planted them in suburbs (Courtwright 1996). One consequence was a bust in violence. But the other was a boom in babies. The first baby boomers, born in 1946, entered their crime-prone years in 1961; the ones born in the peak year, 1954, entered in 1969. A natural conclusion is that the crime boom was an echo of the baby boom. Unfortunately, the numbers don’t add up. If it were just a matter of there being more teenagers and twenty-somethings who were committing crimes at their usual rates, the increase in crime from 1960 to 1970 would have been 13 percent, not 135 percent.[2] Young men weren’t simply more numerous than their predecessors; they were more violent, too.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
alright, let's look at some hiphop from the early 90's and see how much was "Gangsta" or albums that didn't pop because they were "gangsta"

Top 40 Hip Hop Albums 1991 - Hip Hop Golden Age

Top 40 Hip Hop Albums 1992 - Hip Hop Golden Age

Top 40 Hip Hop Albums 1993 - Hip Hop Golden Age

Top 40 Hip Hop Albums 1994 - Hip Hop Golden Age

^^ the majority of that isn't gangsta by any means....alot of it is even alternative and was poppin

:rudy: these are just write ups and opinions. the lists i provided were based on sales figures and chart positions....were they not?
again, I operate on facts and not personal opinions and feelings.

stop it

they never ran hiphop and good amount of thee ones on the 5% stuff were still more "street" than conscious

this statement doesn't even make any sense. Ice Cube's AmeriKKKa's most wanted I would say was a conscious album
but it was also street...hardly anything any rational educated black person would protest over.
on the flip side you had grand nubian who were far from street but also concious
your logic is flawed here as is your argument.

again, that's not what we're arguing. We're arguing about this blatant lie

how is it a lie? because YOU say so? :what:
we're literally 20 years deep in trap music and you're arguing that this 2 decade long era is no different than the blaxploitation era that lasted what, a few years?

it's not my opinion...it's fact. There were/are numerous articles written about it

blaxploitation glorified all things you would later see in gangsta rap but did it 15-20 years earlier. It was the prototype for Gangsta rap

i've read and heard criticism of the blaxploitation era before, this is not new. but you're blatantly ignoring my point about it STILL having positive upsides about community upliftment
female empowerment, demonizing drug dealing and the destruction of the black community

the blaxploitation era was an extension of the black power movement - it wasn't perfect but it wasn't all bad. not even close

what is there good about Chief Keef? drill music? trap music? oh, it's making a few people rich, boy...dr kings dream sure is working like clockwork huh :martin:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
I Left My Wallet In El Segundo and Description of A Fool were both out in '89.

I remember having El Segundo on a cassette compilation. I think it came from the New Music Seminar that year.

I think I still might have a test-pressing of Description of a Fool that I picked up from my record pool.

this dropped in 1989 too

again, cats will say anything to bear hug their beliefs, even try and re-write history as though it can't be easily googled in a matter of mere seconds..it's really bizarre to watch

Bigsuk

Tha realest n***a
Daps
I don't know but I hate how that nikka speaks with such certainty. A level of certainty that people who actually knew PAC and was around the nikka at the time didn't have.
how tho spliz..Plenty ov "unbiased " folk who were around pac have said the same thing ... nikka had amazing talent had so much potential but brought a lot ov negative energy around wen on deathrow n got himself into bullshyt which dumbed himself down instead ov what he shoulda been .... If pac coulda seen how he was moving the last few stages ov his life I bet he himself would be shaking. His head ..... my point is spilz nikkas have all the right in the world to put pac up there on high regard as far as his music I would never Knock that is talents was unreal ... But take the music away from the man for second ... The way nikkas put him up there off-wax is totally false like a leader , pro-black , realest etc nothing he did makes him that espiscally on deathrow ... U said he was been loyal to suge there's a way ov been loyal spliz without blurring the line between rapper n on some gang-shyt I.e shouting /claiming /repppin mob , mob tatto , various assults with piru ..

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Get this bullshyt out of here. What did the program do to keep Black men out of jail?

Talk about beneficial things like scholarship programs for students who dont have access to education.

Something Remy Ma spoke about months ago like starting a fund for women who try to get pregnant but cant afford alternative measures.That would have also made brendas got a baby not look like a fluke. Or do things like offer free childcare for mothers who needed it

This idiot was a "Baby Panther" and didnt even have the basic free breakfast program the Panthers did. All the money he was making and him living in LA he couldnt organize something like that? Yes he didnt have crazy money but something as cheap as that he couldnt do? Couldnt continue what the Panthers did decades before and even create a center and have people come in and give food or even go door to door or have his friends do it.

@Piff Perkins tell them what you said your mother remembers the Panthers doing when she was younger

If Obama did some of the things by that poster listed especially the last one these guys would clown it and say its so general and basic

Ill wait for the one fool who says Pac wasnt a President...
no one can please your ass. Mentioning living people doing shyt 20 years after Tupac died. What type of retarded logic is that?

Also you asked what Pac did for the community and people gave examples and now you're moving goalposts.

Did you ever organize a free launch program to kids ? Shut up you sound like a delusional militant, and you have the audicity to questing people that have done more than you for the Black community