Looking back, it's fukked up how 2pac went at C. Delores Tucker

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
TUPAC’S CELEBRITY YOUTH FOOTBALL LEAGUE

Before his death, Tupac was in the works of developing a Celebrity Youth Football League.

^^^this clearly even says "in the works" :mjlol:

Its been 20 years all of that behind the scenes would have come out by now. lets not try to bullshyt now

U and @spliz are both idiots

Its been confirmed and documented jimmy iovine and his crooked ass and jada pinkett were who bailed out Pac

Check the documents. suge had to be convinced about it. jada put up money and there is even an article from 95 when pac was released naming jada

This isnt a mattet of opinion its fact

Stop hugging suges nut

From your response im guessing you are admitting deep down what i am saying is right as much as it pains to admit

Well then nikka tell your same peers in here that. u are the biggest Pac stan on here speak sense to them

And i could care less about his potential it means nothing if it didnt happen

People talk about him only having 5years but there are popstars in the past 5 years alone who did alot in that time fram he didnt do in his 5 year career

We cant criticize our elders in all the pretty talk and marching decades ago but then give passes to Pac for making the same speeches

Aint nobody in 2037 gonna care Pac shot two cops

Why did he have to grow into tangible activism if the same artists who were only a couple years apart from him today who didnt have his same level of racial awareness...were able to do things like start international scholarships for caribbean students

To start small and start a movement to help lift certain people in the Black Diaspora out of poverty?

So if Black artists who dont have the same level of racial awareness as Pac mind wise had enough sense and heart to do that, what was Pacs excuse?

Dude was all talk

Dont get me started on how u guys give him passes for that Madonna shyt and also dont bring up him dissing Quincy for being with white women and then dating his half white daughter

And having sex tapes out there with white women

Just enjoy the music and say he wasnt serious
U the only idiot. U fukkin cornball.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
this doesn't negate my point, in fact it supports it. it can be argued this is what made "the chronic" stand out more :francis:

stop it

there was a point where 5%'ers and conscious emcees ran hip hop you know this

they never ran hiphop and good amount of thee ones on the 5% stuff were still more "street" than conscious

but again, you're trying to steer the discussion in all directions AWAY from the core point: Delores Tucker was right about the direction in which hip hop was going and where it is NOW.

again, that's not what we're arguing. We're arguing about this blatant lie

there was an article written in 2012 titled:
C. Delores Tucker, You Were Right. What You Predicted Has Come to Pass. - BlackandBrownNews.com (BBN)

it essentially co-signs everything her and others were saying WOULD HAPPEN TO OUR COMMUNITIES, happened.

regardless of what you may "FEEL" about tucker, her words were prophetic...
the turn hip hop culture took in the early 90's completely destroyed the momentum the civil rights created

that's your opinion though.

it's not my opinion...it's fact. There were/are numerous articles written about it

blaxploitation films didn't promote the destruction of the black community, in fact in a lot of those films drug dealers were the bad guys :sas2:

blaxploitation glorified all things you would later see in gangsta rap but did it 15-20 years earlier. It was the prototype for Gangsta rap

Wuvncxu.jpg

iIqTpCR.jpg

7wicYBf.jpg

Last edited:

avon barksdale

i want my corners
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Prison
TUPAC’S CELEBRITY YOUTH FOOTBALL LEAGUE

Before his death, Tupac was in the works of developing a Celebrity Youth Football League.

^^^this clearly even says "in the works" :mjlol:

Its been 20 years all of that behind the scenes would have come out by now. lets not try to bullshyt now

U and @spliz are both idiots

Its been confirmed and documented jimmy iovine and his crooked ass and jada pinkett were who bailed out Pac

Check the documents. suge had to be convinced about it. jada put up money and there is even an article from 95 when pac was released naming jada

This isnt a mattet of opinion its fact

Stop hugging suges nut

From your response im guessing you are admitting deep down what i am saying is right as much as it pains to admit

Well then nikka tell your same peers in here that. u are the biggest Pac stan on here speak sense to them

And i could care less about his potential it means nothing if it didnt happen

People talk about him only having 5years but there are popstars in the past 5 years alone who did alot in that time fram he didnt do in his 5 year career

We cant criticize our elders in all the pretty talk and marching decades ago but then give passes to Pac for making the same speeches

Aint nobody in 2037 gonna care Pac shot two cops

Why did he have to grow into tangible activism if the same artists who were only a couple years apart from him today who didnt have his same level of racial awareness...were able to do things like start international scholarships for caribbean students

To start small and start a movement to help lift certain people in the Black Diaspora out of poverty?

So if Black artists who dont have the same level of racial awareness as Pac mind wise had enough sense and heart to do that, what was Pacs excuse?

Dude was all talk

Dont get me started on how u guys give him passes for that Madonna shyt and also dont bring up him dissing Quincy for being with white women and then dating his half white daughter

And having sex tapes out there with white women

Just enjoy the music and say he wasnt serious
Go get some p*ssy you on here trying to kick knowledge on a dead men comparing him to jay z and Beyoncé in 2017 when he died before he was getting his bread...idiot you do know his money was going to family and many court cases he had. Post articles in the 90s where jay z and Beyoncé was giving back i will wait

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol: so the industry exec, kid n play, and kwame are all "exaggerating"...this is a field in which they paid their bills with for years, but YOU, random guy with an internet connection, know better than them

alright, let's look at some hiphop from the early 90's and see how much was "Gangsta" or albums that didn't pop because they were "gangsta"

Top 40 Hip Hop Albums 1991 - Hip Hop Golden Age

Top 40 Hip Hop Albums 1992 - Hip Hop Golden Age

Top 40 Hip Hop Albums 1993 - Hip Hop Golden Age

Top 40 Hip Hop Albums 1994 - Hip Hop Golden Age

^^ the majority of that isn't gangsta by any means....alot of it is even alternative and was poppin

Last edited:

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Political and religious propaganda used in entertainment (as well as subliminal messages) do exist I'm not going to deny that, but blaming poverty and violence on rap music? I don't buy that.
I honestly have to check if there's even academic journals that makes the connection between rap and violence in communities.

I'm glad that you acknowledge the use of "media ppropaganda" as an actual tool of white supremacy throughout history. Most of these dudes aren't aware of this tactic or flat-out deny it for some reason even tho all you need to do is read a book to see that its a FACT and not a "conspiracy theory".

As far as the bolded, rap music falls under the umbrella of "media propaganda".

"Media propaganda" has been used throughout history to demonize and criminalize the image and reputation of entire groups of people. Keep in mind who actually controls hip-hop and the major media outlets. (Hint: not black people)

Go back in history and study "minstrel shows":

pVYm4gf.jpg

Minstrel Shows were once the most popular form of ENTERTAINMENT in America. These stage shows depicted blacks as dumb, violent, lazy and overall inferior.

Study the 1915 film "the birth of a nation". The movie depicted blacks as violent rapists and was used as justification for the creation of the KKK. Lynchings against blacks rose dramatically after the films release due to heightened fear of blacks. The propaganda worked.

Hell, study how Hitler himself used "media propaganda" to demonize the image of the Jews before the actual physical extermination.

Bottom line, when most people bring up the negative affects of hip-hop, its mainly about how its negatively affected the image/reputation of blacks overall. Not that its causing actual violence.

I would say actual violence is the LEAST affect of the messages in the music. The main affect would be that its being used to perpetuate the most negative stereotypes of blacks to a worldwide audience, which is why they continuously give artists like 21 Savage, Young Thug and Bobby SchMurda major platforms. It continues the myth that blacks are dangerous, irresponsible and violent thus keeping the masses fearful of blacks.

Its basically a modern-day Minstrel Show except actual black people are being used instead of white men in blackface.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The NAACP was foolish.There was never any momentum.They bought into the white lies.

They fought and begged to be apart of the dominant society.

Some of them were ok for the moment.Got good jobs/plugged into white networks

But at the detriment of future generations.Mistakenly thinking those same opportunities were going to be available for their children.

But those avenues dried up quick.

Free Trade exploded and the landscape changed

But of course, the "powers that be" already knew that would happen.

They always toss you a lil bone right before the ship's about to sink.

You happy with your "Plan A" victory

but they've already cast plan "ABCDEFGHIJK" down the wheel of time

Knowing that you're going to get fukked eventually.

Your enemies are wiser than you.

The NAACP wasn't nothing but a cozy lil cot in massa's attic

The idea is to get out of massa's house

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Ok. So why the fukk did so many NON gangsta rap hip hop succeed then? nikka u had Tribe. De La. Digible Planets. Das Efx. Lord Of The Underground. The Pharcyde. Souls Of Mischief. Pete Rock and CL Smooth. Gangstarr. Bran Nubian. Busta Rhymes, Common Sense. Queen Latifah. Arrested Development. Rakim. LL Cool J. KRS One. Heavy D. And the list goes on and on. All managed to make noise and succeed in the 90s. It's a full of shyt excuse for certain acts who got looked at as corny eventually. And Kid N Play ended up being more liked for their movies than their music.

facts:blessed:

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
some of you cats have some foggy memories of hip hop and when the culture changed and never went back to that PG-PG13 era

kid n play's UNSUNG episode details it best: for those of you too lazy to watch;
they talk about how in the early 90's if you weren't street/thug/calling women bytches, you weren't popping, you were old and corny (TIME STAMPED):

now...yall gonna disagree with muthafukkas that were right there in the middle of all the shyt?

That's pretty much what happened.

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
That's my bad, I thought that Bonita applebaum dropped in '88-89 - honest mistake...

I Left My Wallet In El Segundo and Description of A Fool were both out in '89.

I remember having El Segundo on a cassette compilation. I think it came from the New Music Seminar that year.

I think I still might have a test-pressing of Description of a Fool that I picked up from my record pool.