Looking back, it's fukked up how 2pac went at C. Delores Tucker

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
nikka enough people listened to the shyt for them to be successful. Will Smith dropped his MOST successful album at the time fam. There's a versatility the 90s had that no era before or after it had. This is not debateable.

that album didn't sell well at all, nor was it intended to - it was a critical success. It's still seen as a great work of music art.

from the albums wikipedia page:

"According to Encyclopedia of Popular Music writer Colin Larkin, the album abandoned "the negativity of gangsta rap" in favor of "a highly intelligent and searching examination of black culture, harking back to the classic era of rap epitomized by Public Enemy and KRS-One. The album's sparse, hard-hitting rhythms were also in marked comparison to the overblown productions of Puff Daddy, which dominated the rap mainstream."[5]"

it's so funny how I keep finding all these sources that support my arguments, yet dudes in here are still fighting with me with anger and frustration :picard:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
that album didn't sell well at all, nor was it intended to - it was a critical success. It's still seen as a great work of music art.

from the albums wikipedia page:

"According to Encyclopedia of Popular Music writer Colin Larkin, the album abandoned "the negativity of gangsta rap" in favor of "a highly intelligent and searching examination of black culture, harking back to the classic era of rap epitomized by Public Enemy and KRS-One. The album's sparse, hard-hitting rhythms were also in marked comparison to the overblown productions of Puff Daddy, which dominated the rap mainstream."[5]"

it's so funny how I keep finding all these sources that support my arguments, yet dudes in here are still fighting with me with anger and frustration :picard:
No nikka. I lived thru it. U talkin bout sources? nikka Wikipedia ain't a source. Also. U fail to bring up the Will Smith album that sold a zillion records. nikka. Ur argument is misguided as fukk. U blaming gangsta rap but it was really the COMMERCIALIZATION of rap that hindered certain artists success. There was still plenty of non gangsta rap artists that saw success and played on the radio. Look at Lauryn Hill. And Mos Def Black On Both Sides was commercially successful. Ur argument is wrong fam. Just deal wit it. If we talkin early 00s u have more of a point.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
No nikka. I lived thru it. U talkin bout sourc

images

nikka. calm your little emotional self down first of all.

wikipedia is not the "source" you string of drool from your bottom lip having dumb muthafukka, the article clearly came from a journalist who's name is right there...did you finish the 8th grade dude? :what:

and since you're so desperate to win an argument with people that are just 1's and 0's on your screen and you have no debate skills whatsoever -
just throw Vanilla Ice in there too - he sold more albums than anyone in the 90's...

that doesn't negate my point you mush mouthed stupid rat b*stard - the shyt STARTED in the early 90's and progressively got worse

smh...I can keep posting articles and proof that will show this and it won't matter, clearly this is a soft spot for you weirdos...I'm leaving yall to this shyt

giphy.gif

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
images

nikka. calm your little emotional self down first of all.

wikipedia is not the "source" you string of drool from your bottom lip having dumb muthafukka, the article clearly came from a journalist who's name is right there...did you finish the 8th dude? :what:

and since you're so desperate to win an argument with people that are just 1's and 0's on your screen and you have no debate skills whatsoever -
just throw Vanilla Ice in there too - he sold more albums than anyone in the 90's...

that doesn't negate my point you mush mouthed stupid rat b*stard - the shyt STARTED in the early 90's and progressively got worse

smh...I can keep posting articles and proof that will show this and it won't matter, clearly this is a soft spot for you weirdos...I'm leaving yall to this shyt

giphy.gif
Look at this dumb ass rant. And IM emotional? Ya argument is trash. U didn't post articles. Just Wiki links. And the same artist who u said didn't have success in 98 with Blackstar had both critical and commercial success the next year over with his solo album. That same year that Blackstar album dropped Lauryn Hill dropped one of the most successful albums of that era. And that shyt played all over the hood. U tellin me Tribe ain't have success in the mid to late 90s? Q Tip ain't drop Vivrant Thing and Breath and Stop?

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
TUPAC’S CELEBRITY YOUTH FOOTBALL LEAGUE

Before his death, Tupac was in the works of developing a Celebrity Youth Football League. Each celebrity involved would sponsor a youth sports team, by buying uniforms and hiring a staff of coaches.

A PLACE CALLED HOME

Tupac put together a benefit concert to help a growing non-profit organization, A Place Called Home, raise money for a new building. Founded in 1993, A Place Called Home is a safe haven in South Central LA where at risk youth are empowered to take ownership of the quality and direction of their lives through programs in education.

TUPAC’S SPECIAL BBQ

Through his bodyguard, Tupac heard about a 14-year old girl who was paralyzed from the waist down and confined to a wheelchair after a terrible car accident. Tupac called the Make-A-Wish Foundation to inquire about this little girl. During the phone call, Pac learned the girl was scheduled to meet her celebrity idol, but the celebrity canceled just before the meeting date. Tupac stepped in and flew the girl and her aunt to California to join him on the set of “Gridlock’d.”
Afterwards he took them to the recording studio and later hosted a personal BBQ cookout at his house in honor of her.
Tupac later donated a brand new audio system to her school.

TUPAC STARTS PETITION TO KEEP COMMUNITY CENTER OPEN

In his early teens, Tupac solicited people to sign a petition to keep a community recreation center open. After accumulating a significant number of signatures the building was torn down anyway in spite of his efforts. This experience helped cultivate Tupac’s vision for a center that would provide a positive environment where young people could learn skills and performing arts. He wanted to call the center Thug Mansion. After his early death, his mother maintained the vision by opening the Tupac Amaru Shakur Foundation in Stone Mountain, Georgia.

TUPAC’S C.O.D.E FOUNDATION

From June 1994 to April 2002, Ms. Erica Ford ran Tupac’s Code Foundation even after the rapper had passed away. Erica, Tupac, and his stepfather Mutulu Shakur, established The Code in 1994. The mission was simply to keep young people out of jail and to decrease “Black on Black” crime.

Get this bullshyt out of here. What did the program do to keep Black men out of jail?

Talk about beneficial things like scholarship programs for students who dont have access to education.

Something Remy Ma spoke about months ago like starting a fund for women who try to get pregnant but cant afford alternative measures.That would have also made brendas got a baby not look like a fluke. Or do things like offer free childcare for mothers who needed it

This idiot was a "Baby Panther" and didnt even have the basic free breakfast program the Panthers did. All the money he was making and him living in LA he couldnt organize something like that? Yes he didnt have crazy money but something as cheap as that he couldnt do? Couldnt continue what the Panthers did decades before and even create a center and have people come in and give food or even go door to door or have his friends do it.

@Piff Perkins tell them what you said your mother remembers the Panthers doing when she was younger

If Obama did some of the things by that poster listed especially the last one these guys would clown it and say its so general and basic

Ill wait for the one fool who says Pac wasnt a President...

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Before his death, Tupac was in the works of developing a Celebrity Youth Football League.

^^^this clearly even says "in the works" :mjlol:
I see that too. There's certain things I don't agree with about Pac but I for damn sure won't speak like I know for sure about anything. One thing I know for sure is there was alot of shyt going on behind the scenes.

Its been 20 years all of that behind the scenes would have come out by now. lets not try to bullshyt now

I think dude you responded to isn't even Black.

U and @spliz are both idiots

Its been confirmed and documented jimmy iovine and his crooked ass and jada pinkett were who bailed out Pac

Check the documents. suge had to be convinced about it. jada put up money and there is even an article from 95 when pac was released naming jada

This isnt a mattet of opinion its fact

Stop hugging suges nut

That's missing the point.The whole tragedy of Tupac is his lost potential.

That's the thing people can't let go of it.

You can't deny his intrinsic qualities.

He had the charisma, articulation skills, heart, pedigree, connectivity etc..etc..

to become somebody important to the upliftment of the people.

On top of that, people have a hard time wrapping their minds around a raw vortex of energy like "Tupac"

being dead..gone...It's the Bruce Lee effect.

Some people just connect with people on a deeper level.It's in their essence

And Pac definitely had the gift of connectivity.Even in the negative sense.

he effected people profoundly.The people who love him, LOVE him.

The people who hate him, HATE him----> To the point where it becomes irrational both ways

As far as actual, tangible activism---Unfortunately, he never got the chance to grow into that.:francis:

From your response im guessing you are admitting deep down what i am saying is right as much as it pains to admit

Well then nikka tell your same peers in here that. u are the biggest Pac stan on here speak sense to them

And i could care less about his potential it means nothing if it didnt happen

People talk about him only having 5years but there are popstars in the past 5 years alone who did alot in that time fram he didnt do in his 5 year career

We cant criticize our elders in all the pretty talk and marching decades ago but then give passes to Pac for making the same speeches

Aint nobody in 2037 gonna care Pac shot two cops

Why did he have to grow into tangible activism if the same artists who were only a couple years apart from him today who didnt have his same level of racial awareness...were able to do things like start international scholarships for caribbean students

To start small and start a movement to help lift certain people in the Black Diaspora out of poverty?

So if Black artists who dont have the same level of racial awareness as Pac mind wise had enough sense and heart to do that, what was Pacs excuse?

Dude was all talk

Dont get me started on how u guys give him passes for that Madonna shyt and also dont bring up him dissing Quincy for being with white women and then dating his half white daughter

And having sex tapes out there with white women

Just enjoy the music and say he wasnt serious

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY

Its been confirmed and documented jimmy iovine and his crooked ass and jada pinkett were who bailed out Pac

Check the documents. suge had to be convinced about it. jada put up money and there is even an article from 95 when pac was released naming jada

Stop hugging suges nut

The fukk does my post have to do with any of your bullshyt post?

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Before his death, Tupac was in the works of developing a Celebrity Youth Football League.

Its been 20 years all of that behind the scenes would have come out by now. lets not try to bullshyt now

Stop hugging suges nut

From your response im guessing you are admitting deep down what i am saying is right as much as it pains to admit

Well then nikka tell your same peers in here that. u are the biggest Pac stan on here speak sense to them

People talk about him only having 5years but there are popstars in the past 5 years alone who did alot in that time fram he didnt do in his 5 year career

We cant criticize our elders in all the pretty talk and marching decades ago but then give passes to Pac for making the same speeches

Why did he have to grow into tangible activism if the same artists who were only a couple years apart from him today who didnt have his same level of racial awareness...were able to do things like start international scholarships for caribbean students

To start small and start a movement to help lift certain people in the Black Diaspora out of poverty?

So if Black artists who dont have the same level of racial awareness as Pac mind wise had enough sense and heart to do that, what was Pacs excuse?

Dude was all talk

Dont get me started on how u guys give him passes for that Madonna shyt and also dont bring up him dissing Quincy for being with white women and then dating his half white daughter

Just stay in your world, breh.

I'm not here to convince niccaz to change their perspective.

Just sharing mines.

All that other shyt's too strenuous

True Sinister

Banned
Daps

Stop hugging suges nut

Dude was all talk

You a stupid bytch

Go suck an exhaust pipe of a running vehicle

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Get this bullshyt out of here. What did the program do to keep Black men out of jail?

Talk about beneficial things like scholarship programs for students who dont have access to education.

Something Remy Ma spoke about months ago like starting a fund for women who try to get pregnant but cant afford alternative measures.That would have also made brendas got a baby not look like a fluke. Or do things like offer free childcare for mothers who needed it

This idiot was a "Baby Panther" and didnt even have the basic free breakfast program the Panthers did. All the money he was making and him living in LA he couldnt organize something like that? Yes he didnt have crazy money but something as cheap as that he couldnt do? Couldnt continue what the Panthers did decades before and even create a center and have people come in and give food or even go door to door or have his friends do it.

@Piff Perkins tell them what you said your mother remembers the Panthers doing when she was younger

If Obama did some of the things by that poster listed especially the last one these guys would clown it and say its so general and basic

Ill wait for the one fool who says Pac wasnt a President...
You asked what Pac did besides open his mouth, I posted info..

Now you are moving the goal posts..

Have a good life..

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.