Looking back, it's fukked up how 2pac went at C. Delores Tucker

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Still no answers as to what Pac did other than talking

I still am laughing at how an idiot in here actually brought up the shooting the cops to defend someone thing again. Yes it showed he he had heart and defended shyt that was out of line

But again...for Black people what did he do in the Long Term

Come on stans

And shyt biggie was even worse but at least he didnt pretend to be some messiah while only being all talk and doing nothing

If Pac survived that shooting and was a cripple the responses in here would be different. people would talk about the gang war pac started in LA after he got shot and for years he would be referred to as a fake dude who talked the black panther talk and did nothing

Basicalky everything we saying in here now

That's missing the point.The whole tragedy of Tupac is his lost potential.

That's the thing people can't let go of it.

You can't deny his intrinsic qualities.

He had the charisma, articulation skills, heart, pedigree, connectivity etc..etc..

to become somebody important to the upliftment of the people.

On top of that, people have a hard time wrapping their minds around a raw vortex of energy like "Tupac"

being dead..gone...It's the Bruce Lee effect.

Some people just connect with people on a deeper level.It's in their essence

And Pac definitely had the gift of connectivity.Even in the negative sense.

he effected people profoundly.The people who love him, LOVE him.

The people who hate him, HATE him----> To the point where it becomes irrational both ways

As far as actual, tangible activism---Unfortunately, he never got the chance to grow into that.:francis:

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Still no answers as to what Pac did other than talking

I still am laughing at how an idiot in here actually brought up the shooting the cops to defend someone thing again. Yes it showed he he had heart and defended shyt that was out of line

But again...for Black people what did he do in the Long Term

Come on stans

And shyt biggie was even worse but at least he didnt pretend to be some messiah while only being all talk and doing nothing

If Pac survived that shooting and was a cripple the responses in here would be different. people would talk about the gang war pac started in LA after he got shot and for years he would be referred to as a fake dude who talked the black panther talk and did nothing

Basicalky everything we saying in here now
TUPAC’S CELEBRITY YOUTH FOOTBALL LEAGUE

Before his death, Tupac was in the works of developing a Celebrity Youth Football League. Each celebrity involved would sponsor a youth sports team, by buying uniforms and hiring a staff of coaches.

A PLACE CALLED HOME

Tupac put together a benefit concert to help a growing non-profit organization, A Place Called Home, raise money for a new building. Founded in 1993, A Place Called Home is a safe haven in South Central LA where at risk youth are empowered to take ownership of the quality and direction of their lives through programs in education.

TUPAC’S SPECIAL BBQ

Through his bodyguard, Tupac heard about a 14-year old girl who was paralyzed from the waist down and confined to a wheelchair after a terrible car accident. Tupac called the Make-A-Wish Foundation to inquire about this little girl. During the phone call, Pac learned the girl was scheduled to meet her celebrity idol, but the celebrity canceled just before the meeting date. Tupac stepped in and flew the girl and her aunt to California to join him on the set of “Gridlock’d.”
Afterwards he took them to the recording studio and later hosted a personal BBQ cookout at his house in honor of her.
Tupac later donated a brand new audio system to her school.

TUPAC STARTS PETITION TO KEEP COMMUNITY CENTER OPEN

In his early teens, Tupac solicited people to sign a petition to keep a community recreation center open. After accumulating a significant number of signatures the building was torn down anyway in spite of his efforts. This experience helped cultivate Tupac’s vision for a center that would provide a positive environment where young people could learn skills and performing arts. He wanted to call the center Thug Mansion. After his early death, his mother maintained the vision by opening the Tupac Amaru Shakur Foundation in Stone Mountain, Georgia.

TUPAC’S C.O.D.E FOUNDATION

From June 1994 to April 2002, Ms. Erica Ford ran Tupac’s Code Foundation even after the rapper had passed away. Erica, Tupac, and his stepfather Mutulu Shakur, established The Code in 1994. The mission was simply to keep young people out of jail and to decrease “Black on Black” crime.

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
What are your thoughts on how "media propaganda" has been used throughout history as a form of psychological warfare on the masses?
Political and religious propaganda used in entertainment (as well as subliminal messages) do exist I'm not going to deny that, but blaming poverty and violence on rap music? I don't buy that.
I honestly have to check if there's even academic journals that makes the connection between rap and violence in communities.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
This is exactly why Pac wasn't a leader like so many claim .....nikka had enemies but instead of having nikkas ready to ride he wanted to be down with piru to where it started bluring the line between rap shyt vs real Compton street shyt .....I love Pacs music and the hardworker he was ...I'm just not a fan of how clever he was but how he dumbed himself down by constantly been in drama n foolish behaviour that some nikkas glorify as been a real nikka lol ..... nikka got lost at deathrow been around suge n then bloods ...
nikka shut up. Suge dropped 1 milli to get him out of jail and he was loyal to Death Row. NOT the damn Bloods. U nikkas talk mad shyt but never been thru no shyt. And it's obvious.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
:mjlol: so the industry exec, kid n play, and kwame are all "exaggerating"...this is a field in which they paid their bills with for years, but YOU, random guy with an internet connection, know better than them

Ok. So why the fukk did so many NON gangsta rap hip hop succeed then? nikka u had Tribe. De La. Digible Planets. Das Efx. Lord Of The Underground. The Pharcyde. Souls Of Mischief. Pete Rock and CL Smooth. Gangstarr. Bran Nubian. Busta Rhymes, Common Sense. Queen Latifah. Arrested Development. Rakim. LL Cool J. KRS One. Heavy D. And the list goes on and on. All managed to make noise and succeed in the 90s. It's a full of shyt excuse for certain acts who got looked at as corny eventually. And Kid N Play ended up being more liked for their movies than their music.

Last edited:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
nikka shut up. Suge dropped 1 milli to get him out of jail and he was loyal to Death Row. NOT the damn Bloods. U nikkas talk mad shyt but never been thru no shyt. And it's obvious.

I think dude you responded to isn't even Black.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I don't know but I hate how that nikka speaks with such certainty. A level of certainty that people who actually knew PAC and was around the nikka at the time didn't have.

I see that too. There's certain things I don't agree with about Pac but I for damn sure won't speak like I know for sure about anything. One thing I know for sure is there was alot of shyt going on behind the scenes.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Ok. So why the fukk did so many NON gangsta rap hip hop succeed then? nikka u had Tribe. De La. Digible Planets. Das Efx. Lord Of The Underground. The Pharcyde. Souls Of Mischief. Pete Rock and CL Smooth. Gangstarr. Bran Nubian. Common Sense. Arrested Development. Rakim. LL Cool J. KRS One. Heavy D. And the list goes on and on. All managed to make noise and succeed in the 90s. It's a full of shyt excuse for certain acts who got looked at as corny eventually. And Kid N Play ended up being more liked for their movies than their music.

:whoa: watch what i'm about to do- i'm about to give you no emotion in my reply, and just go off fact and reality:

check everything you just said after 1993 and keep going - look who the top selling hip hop artists are, let's start here:
1993 in hip hop music - Wikipedia

^^^^ simply change that 3 in there to 4, 5, 6 and so forth...look for yourself

see the pattern? by the time you get the 1998 and 99, there are hardly any "lyrical/hip hop" artists making noise on the charts.

it's all street shyt...at this time, i personally was listening to MOS DEF/BLACKSTAR/TALIB/COMMON/THE ROOTS etc etc...
but everybody around me was on that other shyt...

so again....i'm not coming at you with my personal feelings about shyt, just giving you reality. :hubie:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
:whoa: watch what i'm about to do- i'm about to give you no emotion in my reply, and just go off fact and reality:

check everything you just said after 1993 and keep going - look who the top selling hip hop artists are, let's start here:
1993 in hip hop music - Wikipedia

^^^^ simply change that 3 in there to 4, 5, 6 and so forth...look for yourself

see the pattern? by the time you get the 1998 and 99, there are hardly any "lyrical/hip hop" artists making noise on the charts.

it's all street shyt...at this time, i personally was listening to MOS DEF/BLACKSTAR/TALIB/COMMON/THE ROOTS etc etc...
but everybody around me was on that other shyt...

so again....i'm not coming at you with my personal feelings about shyt, just giving you reality. :hubie:
Bro. Gangstarr dropped a classic album in 98. Diddy ushered in that shiny and glitzy era in 97. The Roots had success. Mos Def n them like u said. Busta blew up BIGGER. Will Smith dropped his most successful album. KRS still had heat. LL still had heat. Rakim had a hit record. Really. Ur argument is more for the early 00s than anything. What I'm saying is the people who pose that "gangsta rap killed my career" argument was done by like 93-94. In which there was a PLETHORA of non gangsta rap acts who were successful.

Last edited:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
these cats seriously have NO clue, what their talking about..

dude really said Tribe & Native Tongues was around in the 80s & thought I wasn't gonna catch that sh!t.. :gucci:

:dead:

:russ: bruh i thought tribes first album came out in '89...it actually came out in 1990 - boy. I was just way off on that one.

you're hanging your hat on THAT? really?

and you completely ignored my point about the native tongues movement who CLEARLY were out in the 80's...

but hey, you're the smart one, i'm the dummy. :hubie:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Bro. Gangstarr dropped a classic album in 98. Diddy ushered in that shiny and glitzy era in 97. The Roots had success. Mos Def n them like u said. Busta blew up BIGGER. Will Smith dropped his most successful album. KRS still had heat. LL still had heat. Really. Ur argument is more for the early 00s than anything. What I'm saying is the people who pose that "gangsta rap killed my career" argument was done by like 93-94. In which there was a PLETHORA of non gangsta rap acts who were successful.

so did BLACKSTAR. and i still listen to that album...but stop acting like the whole hood was bumping gangstarr and blackstar though

hip hop had moved on to Cash Money/No Limit

This thread is something else. But I don't see how it's fukkked up how Pac went at Tucker and not say the same thing about Tucker. She had an agenda, regardless is she had some valid points. She should of had a sit down with Pax instead of just attacking him.

she criticized the record labels way harder than she did the actual artists though - somehow this has gotten lost in the narrative

this is why her criticisms were accurate - she knew what those labels were doing and she attacked them.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
so did BLACKSTAR. and i still listen to that album...but stop acting like the whole hood was bumping gangstarr and blackstar though

hip hop had moved on to Cash Money/No Limit

she criticized the record labels way harder than she did the actual artists though - somehow this has gotten lost in the narrative

this is why her criticisms were accurate - she knew what those labels were doing and she attacked them.
nikka enough people listened to the shyt for them to be successful. Will Smith dropped his MOST successful album at the time fam. There's a versatility the 90s had that no era before or after it had. This is not debateable.