Looking back, it's fukked up how 2pac went at C. Delores Tucker

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Let's be honest if Pac attacked her for no reason then you guys would be right. But if you have a lady collaborating with politicians to get a form of entertainment outlet banned, which would fukk up peoples money then why can't Tupac or any rapper call her out on it? What type of dumb logic is that?

Also, you guys forget to mention he said "instead of trying to help out a nikka, you destroy a brother, worse than the others".

And I always find it funny when people blame entertainment for societal problems. Gangsta rap did not harm anybody, government policies and Internal community decision making skills is what did a lot of damage to the Black community.

What are your thoughts on how "media propaganda" has been used throughout history as a form of psychological warfare on the masses?

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@Geoffrey_Chaucer

Breh, here's something you need to understand. Pac could rise from the dead and shoot these nikkas mammies square in the forehead, and they'll still come up with excuses to why he did it :hhh:

This thread is very sad

This isnt a good look at all. Can you imagine in 2050 all these guys telling their sons and grandkids about the great man Tupac Shakur and how he did great things like spoke at a Malcolm X dinner in dungarees and a skull cap?

"Son he did great things like...he SPOKE to Al Sharpton"

"The hennesy Pac rapped about represented the pain young Black men drink everyday and endure"

I dont care if Jada said Pac schooled her about Malcolm X and the Black Panthers...what did he DO?

Dudes in here talking about him going to see fans in wheelchairs lmao.That is good as icing on the cake IF you are already doing bigger work

But if anybody on the coli used the same example for a celeb today going to see a fan in a wheelchair as an example they would get clowned

And guys cant say Pac only had 5 years and the stars today had 20 years to build their money

Cause these same fools brag how Pac did so much in 5 years especially in music but couldnt find time to get his money up and do more?

We know the infamous thing he was told...to get his money up and then go to war

Think about that...he got his money and went to war instead of using that new money to go to bat more for humanitarian concerns affecting black americans

From October 95 to September 96 Pac was getting more money than the past. yes i mentioned how he was broke when he died in his bank account but suge was even giving him allowances during this time and some of his own money

What the hell was Pac during in that peak time to help people?

Let us both wait for the Pac stans to answer

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Im on topic

yes and as I showed you, most rap in 93 wasn't gangsta
I already did by bringing up the point that the reversals of the civils rights gains had already started in the 70's almost 20 years prior to gangsta rap:jbhmm:. Those same reversals in gains is what gave hiphop, the climate to be born

exactly my point and the reversals were already taking place...no need to blame it on gangsta rap. You tried to makeit sound like gangsta rap was the beginning of the reversal of the gains from the 1960s civil rights when we all know that's a damn lie

a reversal of gains

1) see, you all try to shift the debate by making these statements that "most rap in 93 wasn't gangsta"
but glossing over the fact that the chronic/doggystyle/death row sold millions more albums/singles than just about everybody else in hip hop
one doesn't cancel out the other simply because you want it to - the culture shifted in 92-93, anybody arguing otherwise is again, in denial
1993 in hip hop music - Wikipedia

2) Oh you mean like rappers delight? the fat boys? stop it. Hip hop was an extension of DISCO, it was a form of artistic expression and party music
you're trying to create a socio-political argument to have a leg to stand on in this debate and it just makes you look desperate.

3) Delores Tucker was explicitly arguing that WHITE RECORD EXECS were exploiting poor misguided black youth for profit through gangster rap
and that it would have long lasting damaging effects on our community. so to that you say she was wrong? :stopitslime:

don't be so married to your beliefs that you wind up just not making any sense - tupac was wrong, and delores tucker was right on this issue. period.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
why are you posting all these niche acts, first & foremost.. :dahell:

1995.. lets see.. OB4CL, Liquid Swordz, Soul Food, Do You Want More..?, Poverty's Paradsise, Coast II Coast, Labcabincalifornia, Sittin On Chrome, The Show OST... ODBs album.. Goodfellaz..

hip hop was still, very lyrical.. matter of fact, there was actually more of a balance at that time, than i can remember..

if you were around back then.. im sure you wouldnt have to rely on video clips of niche acts, to attempt to re-affirm anything.. whats next.. you gonna post a clip of Fat Boys, saying something about how hip-hop changed in the 90s..? :dwillhuh:

i also just realized, you said ATCQ was around in the 80s.. they didnt drop until 1st quarter of 90.. im just going to conclude you have no idea wtf you're even talking about.. :mjgrin:
This thread is just exposing people left n right. Smh.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
This thread is very sad

This isnt a good look at all. Can you imagine in 2050 all these guys telling their sons and grandkids about the great man Tupac Shakur and how he did great things like spoke at a Malcolm X dinner in dungarees and a skull cap?

"Son he did great things like...he SPOKE to Al Sharpton"

"The hennesy Pac rapped about represented the pain young Black men drink everyday and endure"

I dont care if Jada said Pac schooled her about Malcolm X and the Black Panthers...what did he DO?

Dudes in here talking about him going to see fans in wheelchairs lmao.That is good as icing on the cake IF you are already doing bigger work

But if anybody on the coli used the same example for a celeb today going to see a fan in a wheelchair as an example they would get clowned

And guys cant say Pac only had 5 years and the stars today had 20 years to build their money

Cause these same fools brag how Pac did so much in 5 years especially in music but couldnt find time to get his money up and do more?

We know the infamous thing he was told...to get his money up and then go to war

Think about that...he got his money and went to war instead of using that new money to go to bat more for humanitarian concerns affecting black americans

From October 95 to September 96 Pac was getting more money than the past. yes i mentioned how he was broke when he died in his bank account but suge was even giving him allowances during this time and some of his own money

What the hell was Pac during in that peak time to help people?

Let us both wait for the Pac stans to answer
Stfu cornball.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
some of you cats have some foggy memories of hip hop and when the culture changed and never went back to that PG-PG13 era

kid n play's UNSUNG episode details it best: for those of you too lazy to watch;
they talk about how in the early 90's if you weren't street/thug/calling women bytches, you weren't popping, you were old and corny (TIME STAMPED):

now...yall gonna disagree with muthafukkas that were right there in the middle of all the shyt? :stopitslime:

na...they're exaggerating to make a point. Again, most HIpHop in theearly 90's wasn't gangsta rap. Kid N Play might have seem corny at that time because they were somewhat of a HipHop + dance, novelty act. They were seen as corny in the way many saw Hammer, Tone Loc and Vanilla Ice as corny.

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
1) see, you all try to shift the debate by making these statements that "most rap in 93 wasn't gangsta"
but glossing over the fact that the chronic/doggystyle/death row sold millions more albums/singles than just about everybody else in hip hop
one doesn't cancel out the other simply because you want it to - the culture shifted in 92-93, anybody arguing otherwise is again, in denial
1993 in hip hop music - Wikipedia

the fact is, most hiphop in 92/93 wasn't gangsta or conscious:mjgrin:

2) Oh you mean like rappers delight? the fat boys? stop it. Hip hop was an extension of DISCO, it was a form of artistic expression and party music
you're trying to create a socio-political argument to have a leg to stand on in this debate and it just makes you look desperate.

I already stated most hiphop was party music when you tried to make it sound like most hiphop was conscious/political/afrocentric. This doesn't change the fact that the reversal in civil rights gains set the climate for hiphop

3) Delores Tucker was explicitly arguing that WHITE RECORD EXECS were exploiting poor misguided black youth for profit through gangster rap

we aren't arguing that.....this is what you originally claimed

there was an article written in 2012 titled:
C. Delores Tucker, You Were Right. What You Predicted Has Come to Pass. - BlackandBrownNews.com (BBN)

it essentially co-signs everything her and others were saying WOULD HAPPEN TO OUR COMMUNITIES, happened.

regardless of what you may "FEEL" about tucker, her words were prophetic...
the turn hip hop culture took in the early 90's completely destroyed the momentum the civil rights created

that's 100% false....:usure:it started much earlier/before gangsta rap
and that it would have long lasting damaging effects on our community. so to that you say she was wrong? :stopitslime:

see above and basically everything she said about gangsta rap was said 20 years earlier about blaxploitation movies

don't be so married to your beliefs that you wind up just not making any sense - tupac was wrong, and delores tucker was right on this issue. period.

her timing and where she wanted to place the blame was wrong:pachaha:there were earlier and more bigger problems than gangsta rap:sas1:

Last edited:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
the fact is, most hiphop in 92/93 wasn't gangsta or conscious:mjgrin:

this doesn't negate my point, in fact it supports it. it can be argued this is what made "the chronic" stand out more :francis:

I already stated most hiphop was party music when you tried to make it sound like most hiphop was conscious/political/afrocentric. This doesn't change the fact that the reversal in civil rights gains set the climate for hiphop

i'm in here posting videos of Kid n play. stop it.

there was a point where 5%'ers and conscious emcees ran hip hop you know this

but again, you're trying to steer the discussion in all directions AWAY from the core point: Delores Tucker was right about the direction in which hip hop was going and where it is NOW.

you'll literally talk about anything in order to NOT admit this point. :ohhh:

we aren't arguing that.....this is what you originally claimed

that's 100% false....:usure:it started much earlier/before gangsta rap

as i stated before, after the early 90's hip hop took a turn toward the gangster shyt.

after the Death Row era you had bone, master p, cash money, so forth and so forth...it all went downhill after the era in which we're discussing

by the late 90's hip hop was so different from the late 80's that it was like 2 different genre's...that's what I meant by the 90's. i'm wrong? :jbhmm:

see above and basically everything she said about gangsta rap was said 20 years earlier about blaxploitation movies

her timing and where she wanted to place the blame was wrong:pachaha:there were earlier and more bigger problems than gangsta rap:sas1:

that's your opinion though. blaxploitation films didn't promote the destruction of the black community, in fact in a lot of those films drug dealers were the bad guys :sas2:

Last edited:

Bigsuk

Tha realest n***a
Daps
Pac was on some fuk ish for the entire last year of his life if you want to be real about it. They definitely succeeded in countering a revolutionary.
I said the same shyt yonks ago .... Pac wasn't any sort of leader not even close ....everyone has to accept Pac was in the last year of his life very conflicted and it was the most negative as far as his energy went ....altho musically it was his best ...just all that shyt he was doing off camra n out the booth was bullshyt ...n a lot of the industry wasn't feeling pacs energy .......

Bigsuk

Tha realest n***a
Daps
Exactly.....But u cant tell his fanatcis that, The 1st time I ever heard dudes mom was a panther was when he shot them cops and during the rape trial. I'm thinking OK when dude comes out of prison he's gonna spit some real shyt on PublicEnemy, early Cube levels, especially with The Million Man march just happening...But instead he does the opposite. he promotes Thug Life even harder and goes on a tirade against other Black rappers bringing street shyt to wax. The exact opposite of everything u would think a son of a panther would do after being railroaded by the system and coming out of prison. It was a bad look that even his step father spoke on, But the fanatics dont wanna hear any of that and see Pac as doing absolutly no wrong.

If u love Pac as u claim you would hate the way he got killed, leaving all that negativity behind while doing gang shyt that got him shot but u supposed to be a superstar. I honestly do believe he was going to try to make up for what he did but he got cut short and it never happened so we have to go with the narrative that is...Not what could have been, The fanatics are stuck on the "what could have beens."
This is exactly why Pac wasn't a leader like so many claim .....nikka had enemies but instead of having nikkas ready to ride he wanted to be down with piru to where it started bluring the line between rap shyt vs real Compton street shyt .....I love Pacs music and the hardworker he was ...I'm just not a fan of how clever he was but how he dumbed himself down by constantly been in drama n foolish behaviour that some nikkas glorify as been a real nikka lol ..... nikka got lost at deathrow been around suge n then bloods ...

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
na...they're exaggerating to make a point. Again, most HIpHop early 90's wasn't gangtsa rap. Kid N Play might have seem corny at that time because they were somewhat of a HipHop + dance, novelty act. They were seen as corny in the way many saw Hammer, Tone Loc and Vacilla Ice as corny.

:mjlol: so the industry exec, kid n play, and kwame are all "exaggerating"...this is a field in which they paid their bills with for years, but YOU, random guy with an internet connection, know better than them

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Still no answers as to what Pac did other than talking

I still am laughing at how an idiot in here actually brought up the shooting the cops to defend someone thing again. Yes it showed he he had heart and defended shyt that was out of line

But again...for Black people what did he do in the Long Term

Come on stans

And shyt biggie was even worse but at least he didnt pretend to be some messiah while only being all talk and doing nothing

If Pac survived that shooting and was a cripple the responses in here would be different. people would talk about the gang war pac started in LA after he got shot and for years he would be referred to as a fake dude who talked the black panther talk and did nothing

Basicalky everything we saying in here now

Daps
Reppin
NULL
People really believe Delores Tucker was trying to save the culture?:gucci:

Y'all some gullible azz niccaz, man.

Hip hop didn't create the culture.

The harsh conditions/disadvantages placed on the people

by the dominant society did that

You have to dismiss the black experience in order to side with Delores Tucker or many of these other so called "social activist"/politicians

who hustle black pain to make a buck.

The hip hop mentality was somewhat born out of prolonged exposure to poverty

It's the "value system" of the rejected/despised.

Your environment defines your condition

your condition shapes your mentality

your mentality evolves to your actions.

Who and what placed us in that environment?

You can't come into the hood preaching the morals and values of the dominant society.

Unlike the dominant society where people measure themselves by stability/being the breadwinner etc..etc.

The people in those communities can't do that, so they don't want to hear any discussion about

the "moral standards" or "codes of conduct" of the dominant society when they don't have the necessary tools

to exercise those same abilities.Most of these rappers come from/represent environments that have been traumatized by poverty.

Where people have entered a phase of hopelessness.To the point where they start to convince themselves that very tools they need

to escape poverty are not important...

But it's a front....a coping mechanism.

Since there's no hope of ever "breaking out", the "hood" created it's own value system, with it's own "culture", and it's own standards

of what's valuable.And because it's a community of people who don't have resources, the "standards" are based on simple

shyt anybody can have....Things like "Swag"..."Game"...being a "tough guy".....having "courage".

Things that became key elements of hip hop.THEY'RE THE VICTIMS!!These are crabs in a bucket starting to cannibalize themselves.

Nobody wants to talk about who the fukk put the crabs in the bucket, tho!

So Delores Tucker is a phony to me.She dismissed and overlooked the root cause of the problem.Total dishonesty.For what?

The lady definitely had ulterior motives.The devil will come at you looking like anybody.Some of you niccaz fell for the okey doke.

"Don't blame me.I was given this world, I didn't make it!:pacspit:"

If this comes off incoherent, forgive a nicca.I've been up 36 hrs no sleep.About to crash right now:mjcry:

Deucage

"Who's the best: Pac, Nas and Big?"
Daps
Reppin
Th...th...th..th...th...The Coli.com
But ya bytch ass conveniently skipped over everything else in his post as well. nikka PAC would let people off the street stay in his crib n shyt. Free of charge. His money wasn't even right for himself how the fukk was he gonna give all of it away? Yet in still he def tried to support black people the best he could. nikka died at 25 years old and right when he was getting more into the business side of things. U cornballs don't know shyt. Or do shyt yet wanna sit back and criticize people who do.
Oh shyt:damn: