Looking back, it's fukked up how 2pac went at C. Delores Tucker

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
early 90s.. cats were more lyrical, if anything.. Kid N Play, were never lyrical/had bars..

they were a dance group/niche act.. of course their run was numbered, from the jump.. not to mention, hip-hop was more lyrical in the early 90s.. not gangsta rap..

hip hop was lyrical in the 80's - Rakim, ATCQ, ironically the movement started by NWA peaked the same year Kid n Play's album flopped

this "gangsta rap" takeover didn't happen overnight, it just peaked in the early 90's

Kwame's UNSUNG episode went more in depth because of that Biggie Lyric
but check out what he says here about modern hip hop he brings up the early 90's too:

^^^ this is my only point. by 1995 there wasn't hardly anybody spitting that "real" shyt anymore AND SELLING RECORDS, you had to be street.

Last edited:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. In 1992, Bush Sr., Bob Dole and C. Delores Tucker each called out Tupac by name. This is before Thug Life and before he got into with off-duty cops. Tucker even bought majority stock in Time Warner, then-owner of Interscope, to push Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z. back until 1993 because GWB Sr. was running for president in 1992. The government has a longstanding war with the Shakur family. Pac knew what time it was which explained his demeanor towards them.

This!

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yoyre crazy breh. The spoken word uplifting spirit is worth more than throwing money at lost ppl. Yall are delusional

And explain to me the aftermath...

People were actually more uplifted before gangsta rapper came into the picture. someone else in here spoke about it, these are facts. it has only been in recent years in the woke era that consciousness returned to at least close to the level of the early 90s

But again what is the aftermath? True or false Monster Kody one of the people Pac spoke the hotep talk too is right now a basehead?

Explain to me how the pac spoken word uplifting shyt benefited people ?

U think nikkas who met pac in 2017 wakebup everyday to say "man what would pac do?"

Daps
hip hop was lyrical in the 80's - Rakim, ATCQ, ironically the movement started by NWA peaked the same year Kid n Play's album flopped

this "gangsta rap" takeover didn't happen overnight, it just peaked in the early 90's

Kwame's UNSUNG episode went more in depth because of that Biggie Lyric
but check out what he says here about modern hip hop he brings up the early 90's too:

^^^ this is my only point. by 1995 there wasn't hardly anybody spitting that "real" shyt anymore AND SELLING RECORDS, you had to be street.

why are you posting all these niche acts, first & foremost.. :dahell:

1995.. lets see.. OB4CL, Liquid Swordz, Soul Food, Do You Want More..?, Poverty's Paradsise, Coast II Coast, Labcabincalifornia, Sittin On Chrome, The Show OST... ODBs album.. Goodfellaz..

hip hop was still, very lyrical.. matter of fact, there was actually more of a balance at that time, than i can remember..

if you were around back then.. im sure you wouldnt have to rely on video clips of niche acts, to attempt to re-affirm anything.. whats next.. you gonna post a clip of Fat Boys, saying something about how hip-hop changed in the 90s..? :dwillhuh:

i also just realized, you said ATCQ was around in the 80s.. they didnt drop until 1st quarter of 90.. im just going to conclude you have no idea wtf you're even talking about.. :mjgrin:

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

:snoop:

ya'll really stuck on this conspiracy theory nonsense.

In 1992, Bush Sr., Bob Dole and C. Delores Tucker each called out Tupac by name not because of some made up long standing war with the Shakur family but because of this:

MILWAUKEE — Authorities say the sniper killing of a police officer Wednesday was a planned conspiracy by two 17-year-old youths, one of whom said he got the idea from a recording by gangsta rapper Tupac Shakur.
"He told officers he wanted to shoot a police officer because he had listened to a rap recording by Tupac Shakur, and that rap recording talked about killing police and he thought it would be something he wanted to do," Stick told the judge. Shakur, 22, recorded a song called "Soulja's Story," in which he raps approvingly of "droppin' the cop" after a car chase.

Gangsta Rap Blamed For Cop's Killing

This was election year and the politicians were using "gangster rap" as a scapegoat for their campaigns. Had this incident never happened 2pac wouldnt have been on any politicians radar in 92. But 2pac wasnt even the posterchild of this witch hunt...it was Ice T who was the main target. Ice T had the same kind of political gangster raps as 2pac but no one goes the route of that conspiracy theory nonsense when speaking on him. This is why i fukk with Pac but loathe his fanatics, because they are unrealistic about a lot of things concernng Pac and when dealing with such a sensative topic we have to be realistic not on some fantasy shyt.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Delores Tucker, tangibly, put more black folks "on" and directly helped them climb up the socio-economic ladder...than Pac could even dream of. He's just good at entertaining nikkas. But the typical celebrity worshiping dumbass would of course would think, and ridiculously argue otherwise.

Delores Tucker's action's actually yielded tangible results for black folks...on a small scale...but there are black folks that were put in position to succeed because of her.

fukk "taking food off of 2pac's plate"...when his industry is commercializing black self-degredation and black self-destruction...for the financial benefit of his jew-ish bosses.

Having said that...although she did some good...Delores Tucker also pushed destructive policies, ideology & doctrine on black folks...with her support for planned parenthood like policies, intergration and the like...

As of 93-94 when she was coming at his head? He was just another rapper/actor with a handful of songs that people liked...not some larger than life figure. His profile didn't reach them heights until he died.

:ehh: Can't even mad at that post....actually good points thou.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
why are you posting all these niche acts, first & foremost.. :dahell:

1995.. lets see.. OB4CL, Liquid Swordz, Soul Food, Do You Want More..?, Poverty's Paradsise, Coast II Coast, Labcabincalifornia, Sittin On Chrome, The Show OST... ODBs album.. Goodfellaz..

hip hop was still, very lyrical.. matter of fact, there was actually more of a balance at that time, than i can remember..

if you were around back then.. im sure you wouldnt have to rely on video clips of niche acts, to attempt to re-affirm anything.. whats next.. you gonna post a clip of Fat Boys, saying something about how hip-hop changed in the 90s..? :dwillhuh:

i also just realized, you said ATCQ was around in the 80s.. they didnt drop until 1st quarter of 90.. im just going to conclude you have no idea wtf you're even talking about.. :mjgrin:

1) :patrice: "niche" acts? all of hip hop were "niche" acts in the 80's

2) first off all i BOLDED and specifically said THE ONES SELLING RECORDS/MAKING $$$
the top hip hop artists of 1995 was Bone and Pac; I never said that lyrical hip hop was DEAD, i said it wasn't making that $$$ - I own all of Mos Def/Talib/Rawkus compilation albums

3) That's my bad, I thought that Bonita applebaum dropped in '88-89 - honest mistake...funny though, when i used the example of the Native Tongues movement you're silent.
you've been waiting on my to slip up so you can pounce? really? that's how you debate? :patrice:

Last edited:

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And explain to me the aftermath...

People were actually more uplifted before gangsta rapper came into the picture. someone else in here spoke about it, these are facts. it has only been in recent years in the woke era that consciousness returned to at least close to the level of the early 90s

But again what is the aftermath? True or false Monster Kody one of the people Pac spoke the hotep talk too is right now a basehead?

Explain to me how the pac spoken word uplifting shyt benefited people ?

U think nikkas who met pac in 2017 wakebup everyday to say "man what would pac do?"
Is pac gangster rap tho, really? Ask yourself that...

So nikka, what does that even have to do with anything? Thats like saying someone who played for LA with shaq and Kobe now plays 2nd stream for houston, or Beanie Sigel is now missing a lung and looks like Madea, but he used to roll with rocafella. Like what is the point you're trying to make other than you can present a subpar argument in a lot of words?

I can bring you to the water breh, can't make you drink it huhdrrrr.

So you don't think "keep ya head up""brendas got a baby" "dear mama" "changes" "me against the world" "baby don't cry" breh there's been game passed on in every album, it's okay to feel rage, you woulda thought y'all nikkas hated Malcolm x and only loved MLK. Damn weirdos on this forum

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
:whoo:this discussion has gone all over the place, so let's try and get it back on track:

there was an article written in 2012 titled:
C. Delores Tucker, You Were Right. What You Predicted Has Come to Pass. - BlackandBrownNews.com (BBN)

it essentially co-signs everything her and others were saying WOULD HAPPEN TO OUR COMMUNITIES, happened.

regardless of what you may "FEEL" about tucker, her words were prophetic...
the turn hip hop culture took in the early 90's completely destroyed the momentum the civil rights created

yes the crack epidemic happened, and it changed our communities for the worse, true

but we were fighting that shyt with education and consciousness in our music, TV shows and even our fashion:

(we were wearing these T-shirts in elementary school - i bet white people hated this shyt!)

02979285ff43af113cba74ea720de1cf--a-different-world-fashion-hbcu.jpg

^^^ gangster rap came and deaded this whole movement..anybody arguing otherwise is in denial and feels guilty about it :manny:

thank you. All that needs to be said:salute:

Daps
1) :patrice: "niche" acts? all of hip hop were "niche" acts in the 80's

2) first off all i BOLDED and specifically said THE ONES MAKING $$$
the top hip hop artists of 1995 was Bone and Pac; I never said that lyrical hip hop was DEAD, i said it wasn't making that $$$ - I own all of Mos Def/Talib/Rawkus compilation albums

3) That's my bad, I thought that Bonita applebaum dropped in '88-89 - honest mistake...funny though, when i used the example of the Native Tongues movement you're silent.
you've been waiting on my to slip up so you can pounce? really? that's how you debate? :patrice:
all those acts i named.. were making money.. they were touring regularly, and doing some of the biggest shows back then.. again.. you werent around like that..

all 80s acts were not "niche".. Run-DMC, BDP, Eric B & Rakim, LL.. were far from niche.. thats absurd to even put those dudes in the same discussion as Kid & Play, or Kwane..

Native Tongues werent around in the 80s.. :francis: the met & formed, in the early 90s..

look.. you just dont know what youre talking about, man.. :mjlol: @ someone who has time to go back & forth with you, about something you clearly have no real grasp about..

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
look.. you just dont know what youre talking about, man.. @ someone who has time to go back & forth with you, about something you clearly have no real grasp about..

this is ultimately all you wanted to say from the jump - I literally posted videos of people actually SAYING the things I am who work(ed) in the music business...but nah, that ain't shyt. :mjlol:

but hey...you're right, I'm wrong. moving along. :coffee:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
thank you. All that needs to be said:salute:

everybody over 30 is a pac fan, we've ALL bought and listened to his music at some point in our lives and still do

but on this right here, he was wrong. he WAS a part of a movement that ultimately affected our community in a negative way in the long run

Delores tucker - ***SAID*** - this would happen. she was trying to prevent this from happening.

none of this can be disputed because it's documented.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
you're kind of all over the place with these bruh

Im on topic

1) the chronic/doggy style/Death Row records was really when shyt started to turn for hip hop - that was 92-93, that was when Tucker started her "movement"

yes and as I showed you, most rap in 93 wasn't gangsta

and again, like in that article i posted it wasn't so much against gangsta rap - it was that they were seeing where hip hop was headed and what it would do to our communities - they were right.
you still haven't disputed this point

I already did by bringing up the point that the reversals of the civils rights gains had already started in the 70's almost 20 years prior to gangsta rap:jbhmm:. Those same reversals in gains is what gave hiphop, the climate to be born

2) hip hop was over 15 years old at this point, again, it wasn't primarily "gangsta"; you had the fresh prince, ll cool j, heavy D, salt n pepa etc etc....it didn't warrant protest from anybody really.

exactly my point and the reversals were already taking place...no need to blame it on gangsta rap. You tried to makeit sound like gangsta rap was the beginning of the reversal of the gains from the 1960s civil rights when we all know that's a damn lie

5) not sure what you mean by "reversals".

a reversal of gains