"Who's the best: Pac, Nas and Big?"
Daps
Reppin
Th...th...th..th...th...The Coli.com
giphy.gif

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
while true, around 92-93 is when "gangsta" rap started to become the ONLY rap though

gangsta rap was never was/became the "only rap"

1993 in hip hop music - Wikipedia

Delores tucker and calvin butts didn't have a problem with KRS1 or Public Enemy, hell really not even NWA because there was that balance there

it wasn't trendy yet

PE first dropped in 1988 though, you also had the native tongues collective too

PE isn't gangsta rap

my point is that the street/thug/gangster shyt wasn't just the most dominant force in our culture at that time

all those things image wise was there/popular prior to actual gangsta rap

delores tucker, calvin butts, and dionne warwick predicted that it WOULD BE and they were right.

this is the only point I'm making.

nah, they were wrong because the reversals started way before gangsta rap was even a thing

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
gangsta rap was never was/became the "only rap"

1993 in hip hop music - Wikipedia

it wasn't trendy yet
PE isn't gangsta rap
all those things image wise was there/popular prior to actual gangsta rap
nah, they were wrong because the reversals started way before gangsta rap was even a thing

you're kind of all over the place with these bruh

1) the chronic/doggy style/Death Row records was really when shyt started to turn for hip hop - that was 92-93, that was when Tucker started her "movement"
and again, like in that article i posted it wasn't so much against gangsta rap - it was that they were seeing where hip hop was headed and what it would do to our communities - they were right.
you still haven't disputed this point.

2) hip hop was over 15 years old at this point, again, it wasn't primarily "gangsta"; you had the fresh prince, ll cool j, heavy D, salt n pepa etc etc....it didn't warrant protest from anybody really.

3) I used public enemy as an example of hip hop being "conscious" in the late 80's. that reply wasn't even for you either, it was another discussion altogether

4) I'm not disputing anything about "image" - i'm just talking about the music

5) not sure what you mean by "reversals".

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
:russ:

Wait a fukking minute...

And :comeon:@Knicksman20 for dapping that trash.

- Janurary of 91, DU releases an EP with same song on it which ends up on the soundtrack for Nothin But Trouble
- Feburary of 91, Nothing But Trouble is released, 2pac has about 15 seconds of actual screen time, nobody knew who the fukk that was.

- November of 91, 2pac drops his SOLO DEBUT, 2pacalpyse Now
- June of 93, S4MN, his second album drops, which is the album that has "I get around" on it.
- Cube was already famous and DC was NOT his debut...all you did was confirm wtf I was trying to tell that other fool.

#facts

But I'm the one making up things when your timeline is all fukked up and you're claiming that 2pac was known to the general public off 15 seconds of screen time in a movie that nobody knew he was in til after the fact.

Now you can try to find an angle to argue or accept that you were wrong and chill, your choice, but I know wtf I'm talking about.

So what's your deal? You making shyt up or you senile?

:pachaha:

Because he's right :rudy:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Because he's right :rudy:

Right about what? Not only was he LITERALLY WRONG about the time line but the argument was about breh asking me why 2pac wasn't able to go platinum like Ice Cube did in 91. I reply that he was a new artist and didn't have nearly the amount of fame as Ice Cube did after being the centerpiece of NWA and being an established solo artist.

Anybody co-signing that is a fukking idiot.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Right about what? Not only was he LITERALLY WRONG about the time line but the argument was about breh asking me why 2pac wasn't able to go platinum like Ice Cube did in 91. I reply that he was a new artist and didn't have nearly the amount of fame as Ice Cube did after being the centerpiece of NWA and being an established solo artist.

STFU nikka & stop gargling Pacs nuts.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
some of you cats have some foggy memories of hip hop and when the culture changed and never went back to that PG-PG13 era

kid n play's UNSUNG episode details it best: for those of you too lazy to watch;
they talk about how in the early 90's if you weren't street/thug/calling women bytches, you weren't popping, you were old and corny (TIME STAMPED):

now...yall gonna disagree with muthafukkas that were right there in the middle of all the shyt? :stopitslime:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
She was the hoe for not siding with the new age black renaissance. Every other race in this planet can promote violence,drug use, debauchery, and disrespecting women except the black? What's worse is a lot of the same people who look/looked down on black artist have no issue what so ever supporting those same things when it comes to other races.

We can't address Black Americas "violence problem" while completely ignoring Americas problem with violence as a whole. The same can be said for racism as well. But tell a c00n that and they get offended. D.Tucker didn't have to like the music but to help and nationally side with the same people who wanted to silence us forever is hoe shyt...and he was right to shyt on her.

That right there^^^^

Daps

fukk outta here.. i had the song wrong, at first.. in the same post.. i clearly wrote the correct one "Same Song", few sentences later..

your dumb ass actually thought the song, came out a month before the movie.. and, didnt even know the song came out before the EP even dropped.. nor, did you know the video promoted the movie..

same song & video that was all over the place, the SAME YEAR 2PACALYPSE dropped.. :martin:
"b..b.but.. no one knew who Pac was like that.. :mjcry:"

this moron.. :skip:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
fukk outta here.. i had the song wrong, at first.. in the same post.. i clearly wrote the correct one "Same Song", few sentences later..

your dumb ass actually thought the song, came out a month before the movie.. and, didnt even know the song came out before the EP even dropped.. nor, did you know the video promoted the movie..

same song & video that was all over the place, the SAME YEAR 2PACALYPSE dropped.. :martin:
"b..b.but.. no one knew who Pac was like that.. :mjcry:"

this moron.. :skip:

I knew exactly what you meant & I agreed with you & @smokeurobinson

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fact of the matter, you can't compare Pac's level of popularity at the time of his debut

to the level of Cube's popularity at the time of his solo debut.

It's a reach.Cube was waaayyyyyy more established.

Pac had minimal notoriety at the time

Daps
I knew exactly what you meant & I agreed with you & @smokeurobinson
he knew what i meant, because i said the name of the movie few words after..

his dumb ass just needed something to hang on to, knowing he was dead ass wrong.. anyone saying Pac wasnt that well-known, or had "no momentum" before 2Pacalypse.. clearly, wasnt around to even discuss that..

dude said, "nobody remember Pac from that movie.." nah.. YOU dont, because you wasnt around.. Same Song, was a monster hit.. whit was EVERYWHERE that year.. not only that.. dude had a fukkin press conference for jaywalking.. but, no one knew Pac.. :gucci: