Looking back, it's fukked up how 2pac went at C. Delores Tucker

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
stop it....the regression of the gains from the civil rights of the 60's along with the crack epidemic is what gave birth to alot of what you saw in 1970s Blaxploitation movies (which also happened to foreshadow many themes of gangsta rap), that would later set the stage for HipHop culture to rise. Not Gangsta Rap.

:patrice: so you're pretending there wasn't a collective rise in consciousness among black folks in the late 80's?

and that it wasn't a direct result of the crack epidemic of the early 80's? (AFTER the era you're speaking on)

the blaxploitation era was right smack in the middle of the black power movement - again, collective consciousness among African Americans

this new BLM/Social Media activist movement going on now is the closest thing we've had since the late 80's <<<i'll reserve critique of this "movement" for another post.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Delores Tucker should have come back on wax.

Her and Bill Cosby shoulda linked up and dropped some bars. I know he dropped that Cosnarati album but he was letting his lil homies ride on us. We gotta get Bill in the stu before he dies.

:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:

Daps
I didn't slight Cube to big up Pac. I SIMPLY SAID

If DC was Ice Cube's debut, as in the first time we heard from him, meaning no NWA or AMW (the fact that you keep bringing that album shows that you're missing the point) It wouldn't have sold as well as it did.

Common sense shyt, if you're not trying to be a nag that is. And I threw the shot at your age as joke since it was a recent topic of discussion, don't be mad baby bubba :laugh:

I'm not dumb, AT ALL fam. I mean you might genuinely think that but I'm actually quite intelligent.

And I'm not spreading lies. I know Same Song was all over rap city and YO because that was my introduction to 2pac. Again..that still doesn't give him the cache or level of fame that Cube had by his second solo album and being the face of NWA. A 7 month window between Same song and his debut album doesn't give him the kind of momentum to be going platinum out the gate which makes for a bad comparison. (a comparison I didn't make I mind you)

I don't feel embarrassed, I'm not the one who jumped out the window with fukked up timelines and trying to tag nikkas from outside the thread to support my arguments.

:youngsabo:
heres where i know you dont know what youre talking about.. Same Song, dropped BEFORE they Digital Underground the EP..

the video, dropped around the time the EP did, to promote the movie..

but.. nobody knew who Pac was.. :jbhmm:

he was doing press conferences for getting profiled by NYPD..

but, no one knew Pac, and he had no momentum to even go gold.. :usure:

ALOT of acts, way less-known was going at LEAST gold back then.. :martin:

again.. you wasnt there.. no need for you to even attempt having these kinds of discussions, because YOU WASNT THERE.. thats like me trying to argue with my uncle about Whodini, and shyt like that.. i was a kid.. i wouldnt know other than hearing them on the radio, and possibly a random blurb in a JET or something.. stay in your lane.. stick to your era..

Daps
stop it....the regression of the gains from the civil rights of the 60's along with the crack epidemic is what gave birth to alot of what you saw in 1970s Blaxploitation movies (which also happened to foreshadow many themes of gangsta rap), that would later set the stage for HipHop culture to rise. Not Gangsta Rap.
this man tells no lies.. :wow:

repped.. :salute:

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Pac was on some fuk ish for the entire last year of his life if you want to be real about it. They definitely succeeded in countering a revolutionary.

Exactly.....But u cant tell his fanatcis that, The 1st time I ever heard dudes mom was a panther was when he shot them cops and during the rape trial. I'm thinking OK when dude comes out of prison he's gonna spit some real shyt on PublicEnemy, early Cube levels, especially with The Million Man march just happening...But instead he does the opposite. he promotes Thug Life even harder and goes on a tirade against other Black rappers bringing street shyt to wax. The exact opposite of everything u would think a son of a panther would do after being railroaded by the system and coming out of prison. It was a bad look that even his step father spoke on, But the fanatics dont wanna hear any of that and see Pac as doing absolutly no wrong.

If u love Pac as u claim you would hate the way he got killed, leaving all that negativity behind while doing gang shyt that got him shot but u supposed to be a superstar. I honestly do believe he was going to try to make up for what he did but he got cut short and it never happened so we have to go with the narrative that is...Not what could have been, The fanatics are stuck on the "what could have beens."

Daps
:patrice: so you're pretending there wasn't a collective rise in consciousness among black folks in the late 80's?

and that it wasn't a direct result of the crack epidemic of the early 80's? (AFTER the era you're speaking on)

the blaxploitation era was right smack in the middle of the black power movement - again, collective consciousness among African Americans

this new BLM/Social Media activist movement going on now is the closest thing we've had since the late 80's <<<i'll reserve critique of this "movement" for another post.
you sure about this.. because, i remember the late 80s being wild as hell.. :patrice:

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
heres where i know you dont know what youre talking about.. Same Song, dropped BEFORE they Digital Underground the EP..

the video, dropped around the time the EP did, to promote the movie..

but.. nobody knew who Pac was.. :jbhmm:

The EP came out a month before the movie homeboy, no shyt it was released to promote the movie. And I clearly said nobody saw his cameo in Nothing but trouble like hey, there he is, that one guy from that one song that just came out. You keep repeating shyt that I've already said just to argue, you sound like somebody grandma.

again.. you wasnt there.. no need for you to even attempt having these kinds of discussions, because YOU WASNT THERE.. thats like me trying to argue with my uncle about Whodini, and shyt like that.. i was a kid.. i wouldnt know other than hearing them on the radio, and possibly a random blurb in a JET or something.. stay in your lane.. stick to your era..

First you don't like being called old...now you throwing around your seniority, calling me kid like 2pac was my "Whodini"

:mjlol:

2pacalpyse went gold in 95. The other idiot asked me why Pac's album didn't go PLATINUM like DC did. I told him why and here you come sounding confused and senile, fukkin up the timeline, telling me I"m making up stuff,and all kinda other extra shyt. You done hit your head on the pavement too many times my nikka.

Last edited:

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
but, no one knew Pac, and he had no momentum to even go gold.. :usure:

ALOT of acts, way less-known was going at LEAST gold back then.. :martin:

and 2Pacalypse had a hit song. This wasnt like 2017 where u just focused on first week sales....JD said it himself Kris Kross didnt do to well its first week but they worked the album and it eventually went double platinum. Pac had a hit song with Brendas Got a Baby....If anything thats the song that should have pushed the album.Thats the song that had everyone looking at Pac. The visual of shorty throwing her baby away was just as raw as Bushwick Bill punching the concrete. And Juice dropped a few months after 2Pacalypse and the hood was fukking with Juice. If anything we all knew who Pac was by winter early 92

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
you sure about this.. because, i remember the late 80s being wild as hell..

:patrice: you mean in the streets? of course.

but even freeway ricky ross said that what he was doing was looked at as wrong by a good chunk of the community

he also said he wasn't openly bragging like that - again, his words not mine. :hubie:

plus there was still that "House Party/Cosby Show" section of black america that just wasn't into all that street shyt.

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
and 2Pacalypse had a hit song. This wasnt like 2017 where u just focused on first week sales....JD said it himself Kris Kross didnt do to well its first week but they worked the album and it eventually went double platinum. Pac had a hit song with Brendas Got a Baby....If anything thats the song that should have pushed the album.Thats the song that had everyone looking at Pac. The visual of shorty throwing her baby away was just as raw as Bushwick Bill punching the concrete. And Juice dropped a few months after 2Pacalypse and the hood was fukking with Juice. If anything we all knew who Pac was by winter early 92

Yeah, a hit song about throwing a baby in the trash.

tenor.gif

:russ:

Funny shyt is I'd be willing to bet it charted higher than either of those singles from DC, but one nikka already was a star, the other became a star after Juice and after having a much less depressing single in "I get around" that got him a platinum album on his second try.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
C. Delores Tucker marched with MLK

She spoke out on the violence towards other black people that was/is prevalent in rap music
She spoke out against the way black women were potrayed in rap

She was old enough to be pac's mother

This dude called her a "mother fukker" in a song:scust:

That's was some real bytch ass shyt

Of course she didn't understand how some of the music was just an expression of what youths saw everyday
She didn't understand that most rappers weren't calling all black women hoes
And just speaking on the devious ones who fit the description

The average older black person didn't
My mother hated rap music
And thought it was ignorant

Still ain't no reason to call a older black lady a "mother fukker"

But then pac had the nerve to make "keep ya head up":gucci:

Pac in my top 3
But dude was a hypocrite like a mafukker:usure:
No - she pandered and used his name to do so
She was fair game - and a wack politician

Daps
The EP came out a month before the movie homeboy. And I clearly said nobody saw his cameo in Nothing but trouble like hey, there he is, that one guy from that one song that just came out. You keep repeating shyt that I've already said just to argue, you sound like somebody grandma.

First you don't like being called old...now you throwing around your seniority like 2pac was my "Whodini"

:mjlol:

2pacalpyse went gold in 95. The other idiot asked me why Pac's album didn't do DC numbers, I told him why and here you come sounding confused and senile, fukkin up the timeline, telling me I"m making up stuff, calling me "kid, calling for back up and all that wild extra shyt. You done hit your head on the curb too many times my nikka.
of course the EP dropped before the movie.. look.. you must be slow, so im gonna explain this slowly..

the song, was out before the EP..
the video, dropped a bit before the EP hit stores.. i was around.. you werent.. i would know this.. :mjgrin:
the video..
had clips of the movie..
to promote the movie..
that they(DU, Pac, Dan Akroyd,etc) were ALL in..
that video..
was EVERYWHERE..
MTV(not just YO.!:gucci:).. BET(not only Rap City:francis:).. The Box.. etc..

the fukkin video had Dre & Eazy in it, but you telling me people aint going to remember Pac from it.. :mindblown:

i just showed you the dude had a full-blown press conference in NYC for police brutality, but you still gonna sit here and claim no one knew who he was/didnt have momentum..

you can keep changing your original post, all day.. fact of the matter is- you dead ass wrong, and dont know what youre talking about.. people knew who Pac was before 2Pacalypse.. it just wasnt received like that.. you just trying to rewrite history so it makes sense to YOU.. when in reality- there were people with LESS momentum, still going gold back then.. had nothing to do with them being part of NWA, or anything.. you just wasnt there.. :mjlol: