Looking back, it's fukked up how 2pac went at C. Delores Tucker

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Pac was on I Get Around.. that was a HUGE hit back in the day.. the movie he was in "Nothing But Trouble".. had an all-star cast, and he.. as well, as DU were in the movie..

stop acting like nobody knew who dude was back then.. DU was a huge group.. video he was in, was all over MTV, BET, The Box, etc// people knew who he was.. :martin:

but, he wasnt rapping like that before.. thats why his debut wasnt received so well.. dont try to rewrite history.. i remember.. i got the tape when it dropped, and was in the Bay.. cats were more into RBL Posse, and local Bay acts.. to say no one knew who Pac was other than Same Song.. is a blatant lie..

and, Cube already had solo success before DC even dropped.. AMW debuted at 19, and was gold 2 weeks later.. you just in here making sh!t up.. :ufdup:

:russ:

Wait a fukking minute...

And :comeon:@Knicksman20 for dapping that trash.

- Janurary of 91, DU releases an EP with same song on it which ends up on the soundtrack for Nothin But Trouble
- Feburary of 91, Nothing But Trouble is released, 2pac has about 15 seconds of actual screen time, nobody knew who the fukk that was.

- November of 91, 2pac drops his SOLO DEBUT, 2pacalpyse Now
- June of 93, S4MN, his second album drops, which is the album that has "I get around" on it.
- Cube was already famous and DC was NOT his debut...all you did was confirm wtf I was trying to tell that other fool.

#facts

But I'm the one making up things when your timeline is all fukked up and you're claiming that 2pac was known to the general public off 15 seconds of screen time in a movie that nobody knew he was in til after the fact.

Now you can try to find an angle to argue or accept that you were wrong and chill, your choice, but I know wtf I'm talking about.

So what's your deal? You making shyt up or you senile?

:pachaha:

Last edited:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
:rudy:you can tell when non-blacks chime in on here

go back and listen to 2pacolypse now - Track 1 is called "young black male" :what:

Pac was clearly a conflicted man like many of us, he was an intellectual but was human

he liked that street shyt, money, and women...didn't mean he wasn't intellectual.
Sly is one of the most racist fukkboys on here

Ask anyone who regularly posts in TSC or HL

Dude tried to defend Hulk Hogan even after the racist tapes came out

Daps
:russ:

Wait a fukking minute...

And :ufdup:@Knicksman20 for dapping that trash.

- Janurary of 91, DU releases an EP with same song on it which ends up on the soundtrack for Nothin But Trouble
- Feburary of 91, Nothing But Trouble is released, 2pac has about 15 seconds of actual screen time, nobody knew who the fukk that was.

- November of 91, 2pac drops his SOLO DEBUT, 2pacalpyse Now
- June of 93, S4MN, his second album drops, which is the album that has "I get around" on it. This is post-Juice

His debut wasn't received on the level of DC because Cube was already famous and it was NOT his debut. Comparing the sales of those albums is asinine. You saying I'm making up shyt when you have your timeline all fukked up, is asinine. Claiming that 2pac was known to the general public off of 15 seconds of screen time is inaccurate.

Now you can try to find an angle to argue or accept that you were wrong and chill, your choice, but I know wtf I'm talking about.

I guess I could accuse you of making shyt up by I won't, you getting up there in age, might just be senile.

my bad.. i meant Same Song. :snoop:

which.. was all over MTV, BET, The Box, etc.. are you really being that dense, and denying that it wasnt.. :what:

people knew who Pac was in 1991.. you gotta be fukkin kidding yourself.. :mjlol:

hold on.. now that i think about it- you were probably around 4/5 when all that happened, so why am i even debating this with you.. :patrice:

and, i wasnt comparing the two albums.. YOU said Cube would have barely crawled to Gold with DC.. which wasnt the case, because AMW went Gold 2 weeks after it dropped..

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
:rudy:you can tell when non-blacks chime in on here

go back and listen to 2pacolypse now - Track 1 is called "young black male" :what:

Pac was clearly a conflicted man like many of us, he was an intellectual but was human

he liked that street shyt, money, and women...didn't mean he wasn't intellectual.

Dont' even waste a reply on dude, seriously.

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
my bad.. i meant Same Song. :snoop:

which.. was all over MTV, BET, The Box, etc.. are you really being that dense, and denying that it wasnt.. :what:

people knew who Pac was in 1991.. you gotta be fukkin kidding yourself.. :mjlol:

hold on.. now that i think about it- you were probably around 4/5 when all that happened, so why am i even debating this with you.. :patrice:

and, i wasnt comparing the two albums.. YOU said Cube would have barely crawled to Gold with DC.. which wasnt the case, because AMW went Gold 2 weeks after it dropped..

- I was not 4 or 5.
- Had you not been in a rush to argue, you would see that I said at best, people would have known Pac for his verse on Same Song. It was a big record, he had a verse on it and was in the video, still nowhere near the level of fame or cache that comes with being an established solo artist from one of the biggest rap groups.

- Somebody tried to compare DC's sales to 2pacalypse. I simply said that if DC had been Ice Cube's debut album without NWA fame or AMW, it wouldn't have done numbers either. But it wasn't...he had group and solo albums under his belt already.

I'm trying to figure out what's so ridiculous about the bold. Maybe you saw my comment out of context, but that's what I was getting at since son brought up how it went platinum and 2pacalpyse didn't.

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
@hex @TEKBEATZ @smokeurobinson

this dude is really trying to force the narrative, that no one really knew who Pac was before 2Pacalypse dropped.. :laff: :laff: :laff:

It ain't a narrative, you brought up Nothin But Trouble like people saw that shyt like Hey, that's 2pac!

:mjlol:

2pacalpsyse dropped 7 months after that movie/song. That does not put him on the level of fame to influence the numbers of his debut album to any great effect, especially to be getting compared with Ice Cube by the time DC drops. But context be dammed, dap me up, ya'll. Nobody around? I'll just tag some people for support.

Daps
- I was not 4 or 5.
- Had you not been in a rush to argue, you would see that I said at best, people would have known Pac for his verse on Same Song. It was a big record, he had a verse on it and was in the video, still nowhere near the level of fame or cache that comes with being an established solo artist from one of the biggest rap groups.

- Somebody tried to compare DC's sales to 2pacalypse. I simply said that if DC had been Ice Cube's debut album without NWA fame or AMW, it wouldn't have done numbers either. But it wasn't...he had group and solo albums under his belt already.

I'm trying to figure out what's so ridiculous about the bold. Maybe you saw my comment out of context, but that's what I was getting at since son brought up how it went platinum and 2pacalpyse didn't.
your statement, still makes very little sense... first off, because AMW was a good album- period..

trying to attribute his sales, to being part of NWA- is stupid.. the album sounded NOTHING like ANY NWA project..

trying to slight Cube, to big-up Pac is stupid.. people knew who Pac was.. he was well-known in hip-hop, when he dropped 2Pacalypse.. it just wasnt recieved well, because it wasnt the Pac that people knew.. whats so hard to understand about that, is well beyond me.. as i said- i was living in the Bay, when it dropped.. other Bay artists, were getting more looks at the time..

and, how you gonna call somebody "old", if you claim you wasnt 4/5 in 91/92.. thats like when Dolph called Buddens old, and they damn near the same age.. :mjlol:

Daps
It ain't a narrative, you brought up Nothin But Trouble like people saw that shyt like Hey, that's 2pac!

:mjlol:

2pacalpsyse dropped 7 months after that movie/song. That does not put him on the level of fame to influence the numbers of his debut album to any great effect, especially to be getting compared with Ice Cube by the time DC drops. But context be dammed, dap me up, ya'll. Nobody around? I'll just tag some people for support.

you clearly as dumb as fukk.. that was the single, to the soundtrack of the movie.. but, let me guess.. people werent listening to Same Song like that, and it didnt play in the commercials, video wasnt all over MTV, BET, The Box, etc.. :mjlol:

yea.. you really are slow as fukk..

i just told you.. people knew Pac from the song.. again- "Same Song" all over the radio, MTV, BET, The Box.. you just wasnt around like that back then.. :skip:

but want to get on thecoli.com spreading lies like you was actually in the mix like that.. stop.. you embarrassing yourself.. :comeon:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
This is what I don't get. And it pisses me off whenever I enter threads like this. If u self righteous muthafukkas feel it's cool to blame "gangsta rap" on all societies ills. Even tho there's no real proof that corroborate the 2. WHY are y'all on a hip hop forum posting. Talking about and celebrating these same rappers? It's just backwards as hell to me. I'm not even saying rappers are innocent. But to sit here out ya face and blame fukkin rap for shyt that been going on at a WORST rate BEFORE hip hop became mainstream and BEFORE "gangsta rap" became popular. Is just plain old retarded. And as so called "hip hop heads" u nikkas should know better. That woman attacked nikkas bread and butter, their livelihood and their character. Without as much as a sit down. A conversation. A dialogue. Nothing. The shyt she was doing was damn near grounds for defamation.

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
your statement, still makes very little sense... first off, because AMW was a good album- period..

trying to attribute his sales, to being part of NWA- is stupid.. the album sounded NOTHING like ANY NWA project..

trying to slight Cube, to big-up Pac is stupid.. people knew who Pac was.. he was well-known in hip-hop, when he dropped 2Pacalypse.. it just wasnt recieved well, because it wasnt the Pac that people knew.. whats so hard to understand about that, is well beyond me.. as i said- i was living in the Bay, when it dropped.. other Bay artists, were getting more looks at the time..

and, how you gonna call somebody "old", if you claim you wasnt 4/5 in 91/92.. thats like when Dolph called Buddens old, and they damn near the same age.. :mjlol:

I didn't slight Cube to big up Pac. I SIMPLY SAID

If DC was Ice Cube's debut, as in the first time we heard from him, meaning no NWA or AMW (the fact that you keep bringing that album shows that you're missing the point) It wouldn't have sold as well as it did.

Common sense shyt, if you're not trying to be a nag that is. And I threw the shot at your age as joke since it was a recent topic of discussion, don't be mad baby bubba :laugh:

you clearly as dumb as fukk.. that was the single, to the soundtrack of the movie.. but, let me guess.. people werent listening to Same Song like that, and it didnt play in the commercials, video wasnt all over MTV, BET, The Box, etc.. :mjlol:

yea.. you really are slow as fukk..

i just told you.. people knew Pac from the song.. again- "Same Song" all over the radio, MTV, BET, The Box.. you just wasnt around like that back then.. :skip:

but want to get on thecoli.com spreading lies like you was actually in the mix like that.. stop.. you embarrassing yourself.. :comeon:

I'm not dumb, AT ALL fam. I mean you might genuinely think that but I'm actually quite intelligent.

And I'm not spreading lies. I know Same Song was all over rap city and YO because that was my introduction to 2pac. Again..that still doesn't give him the cache or level of fame that Cube had by his second solo album and being the face of NWA. A 7 month window between Same song and his debut album doesn't give him the kind of momentum to be going platinum out the gate which makes for a bad comparison. (a comparison I didn't make I mind you)

I don't feel embarrassed, I'm not the one who jumped out the window with fukked up timelines and trying to tag nikkas from outside the thread to support my arguments.

:youngsabo:

Last edited: