Look I'm a straight drank-a-holic and I'm sipping my last drink as we speak.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
Suppose not, he said something like "is there a reason you are swaying within your lane" (I remember the way he phrased it was weird because I dont think I ever drifted in and out my lane, think he was just fishing for drunks on new years eve), and I just told him "yeah officer, it's hard to see out cause my driver side window wiper just went out" and he saw it since it was already on. Then he said "have you had anything to drink tonight", I replied all proper with a "no sir. I was just visiting my girlfriend and watched the fireworks" (lie) He didnt say nothing just stared at me for what seemed like an eternity but was probably 3 seconds in reality, and said something to the effect of ""alright I'm gonna let you go with a warning, get that fixed tomorrow morning" and let me go since I was close to home.
Damn bruh u got off good. God blessed u that night for sure. Imagine if u had to deal with the consequences of DUI conviction and just having it on ur record.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
Cut down to not everyday. I think the everyday thing is worse than 3 40's. But I dont got all the answers Sway, I go on binges for weeks at a time drinking 6 packs and a 40. Mostly just quitting for mental clarity and getting my 6 pack abs back. If I can just limit to to weekends I'll be cool with that
now see I dont think I can do that.

I just cant eat dinner and meat without beer. what else is there to drink it with? water? :scust: sweet softdrinks? :scust: in my mind it makes no sense to eat beef or chicken with anything else. :mjcry:

lespaulultra3

All Star
Daps
I've been doing good. This is day 3 that I haven't had any alcohol and this is my longest streak since April. Before that, the last time I went 3 days without alcohol was back in October. I'm like a lot of you where if I have alcohol in the house, I can't rest until it's all drunk up. So I've literally been at the store every day buying alcohol and telling myself that I'll quit tomorrow. It got to the point where I'll kill a whole 12 pack and still not be drunk. I'm a functional alcoholic where I can be drunk and still go about my day working etc...

Last night, I decided I was going to get me one of those 8% tall boys from the gas station since my wife had ticked me off and I wanted to relax. I went back and forth on the idea and decided on staying home and drinking water. I feel like I accomplished something because I know I'd be feeling so depressed right now if I had got that drink last night.

On my job, I sometimes get to see people that have liver cirrohsis. I see people that are on dialysis since they drunk their liver to the point where it doesn't function. One thing I noticed is that they all still drink. They're addicted to the point where alcohol is killing them and they still can't give up the bottle. I look at my future and I want to live to at least be 70. My father smoked all his life and died of lung cancer. I feel like if I kill myself drinking, I'm robbing my son's of spending time with their father. I want to live to see my grandkids and hopefully great grandkids. It just doesn't seem worth it to keep drinking.

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
I've been doing good. This is day 3 that I haven't had any alcohol and this is my longest streak since April. Before that, the last time I went 3 days without alcohol was back in October. I'm like a lot of you where if I have alcohol in the house, I can't rest until it's all drunk up. So I've literally been at the store every day buying alcohol and telling myself that I'll quit tomorrow. It got to the point where I'll kill a whole 12 pack and still not be drunk. I'm a functional alcoholic where I can be drunk and still go about my day working etc...

Last night, I decided I was going to get me one of those 8% tall boys from the gas station since my wife had ticked me off and I wanted to relax. I went back and forth on the idea and decided on staying home and drinking water. I feel like I accomplished something because I know I'd be feeling so depressed right now if I had got that drink last night.

On my job, I sometimes get to see people that have liver cirrohsis. I see people that are on dialysis since they drunk their liver to the point where it doesn't function. One thing I noticed is that they all still drink. They're addicted to the point where alcohol is killing them and they still can't give up the bottle. I look at my future and I want to live to at least be 70. My father smoked all his life and died of lung cancer. I feel like if I kill myself drinking, I'm robbing my son's of spending time with their father. I want to live to see my grandkids and hopefully great grandkids. It just doesn't seem worth it to keep drinking.

nikka didn't you get any night sweats stopping after that long...

I do a 4/5 day binge then when i suddenly stop....the night sweats & nightmares brehs :damn:

lespaulultra3

All Star
Daps
nikka didn't you get any night sweats stopping after that long...

I do a 4/5 day binge then when i suddenly stop....the night sweats & nightmares brehs :damn:

Nah breh I sleep good when I'm sober. It's when I go to sleep drunk when I get the night sweats. it happened a couple of weeks ago when I went to sleep and woke up sweating like I just ran a marathon. My pillow was wet like somebody ran water all over. Little cues like that tell me that I need to stop drinking.

Reggie Kush

Pre-flab and fit
Daps
This thread is low key sad AF :mjcry:

Watching some of you brehs take two steps forward, then two steps back, wash, rinse, repeat.

I wish you all the best. I'm truly rooting for yall to overcome this disease :salute: