Look I'm a straight drank-a-holic and I'm sipping my last drink as we speak.

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
I'm really lucky because I don't get the mellow high most people get from drinking instead I just feel tired and sleepy proceeded by terrible headache.
Me too, sorta. I don't get that "drunk buzz" that's associated with drinking. It just takes the edge off for me. And removes most of my "filter". Reduces my tendency to overthink and makes me more action oriented. This can be good or very bad.

Then once it wears off in an hour or so, it makes me tired af.
:deadrose:

I very rarely get headaches or hangovers unless I go wayyy overboard, usually with heat/sun involved.

raul04

More money more p*ssy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Austin
That sheer boredom when you stop drinking is a mf'er. I had terrible nightmares but I was bored that I slept more. Although drinking water instead really made my skin feel better. I kept asking myself what do non-drinkers do after work? Yeah I could go to the gym but I would only be able to enjoy it for so long before I would get bored with that.

Frank Sinatra once said:
“I feel sorry for people that don't drink because when they wake up in the morning, that is the best they're going to feel all day.” “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy.” :yeshrug:

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
I recently completed a 90 rehab program for alcoholism. Let me say this, I went to detox last year and it only kept me sober for about a month. With this 90 day program, I really got to know about addiction, trauma, etc. I was going to AA twice a day, going to intensive group sessions every day, etc. You really have to work on your sobriety. It is not an easy thing.

Also, I do not recommend stopping cold turkey. With alcohol, you can die from the withdrawals. If you're shaking at all, go to the hospital and have them do a medical detox. I was shaking like crazy when I didn't drink, and I knew I was going to have a seizure if I didn't get help. I detoxed for 8 days (which is basically double the time that normal alcoholics detox. I had a problem, for real :merchant:)

So, I suggest going to rehab and taking your sobriety very seriously. Go to AA, groups, therapist, etc.

Tomorrow will by my 4th month sober. It hasn't been easy, but being sober is so much better than being drunk all day. :blessed:

Good luck, breh
:salute:to you breh.
Can you tell me what kind of supplements or medicine they give you when detoxing? I've gotten shakes the following day after going hard the night before, but not when I stopped drinking for a week. I'm sure my body is physically dependant on it tho, I read your digestive system changes to process all that booze over time

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:salute:to you breh.
Can you tell me what kind of supplements or medicine they give you when detoxing? I've gotten shakes the following day after going hard the night before, but not when I stopped drinking for a week. I'm sure my body is physically dependant on it tho, I read your digestive system changes to process all that booze over time
They give you narcotics. When I went to detox the first time, they put me on an Ativan protocol, and when I went to rehab this last time, they put be on a Librium protocol. Ativan and Librium are both benzos. Benzos work on the same part of your brain as alcohol (the gaba receptors). They will also likely put you on some blood pressure meds, as your shyt will be all fukked up. They also give you on strong nausea medicine, as needed. All the meds are only filled by the doctor at the hospital. You can't just buy them without a prescription.

Oh, and yes, your digestive system will be all fukked up. You'll probably have stomach aches for a week or so.

If you have insurance, I'd say to enroll yourself in a rehab facility, given that you get the shakes when you don't drink. The shakes are the first sign of having a seizure. You can die from seizures, so you need professional help. Legally, your job can't ask why you're going to a hospital for a couple of months, and you can use short-term disability for 3 months.

Also, a word of advice, not all rehab facilities are equal. There are some very bad rehabs, so make sure to do your research.

Getting sober, for real, is a great and beautiful thing. You're gonna love it. Good luck :salute:

Robo Squirrel

CEO @ Squirrel Burger: Fish & Chips
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco, CA
Well yesterday was my first day without a drink and it was fukking shytty like it always is!
:snoop: Couldn't stop thinking about drinking. Sweating and thinking about all the shyt bad I've done in my life non stop.:stopitslime: No appretite, bored out of my mind, and dehydrated. Paranoid and afraid to check my coli messages, vm,and fb don't ask me why. Kept my phone all the way off. Just all around in a depressed state of mind. Today I feel better and I'm back eating. I went out today and ran errands which is good. Tomorrow is going to be better. That first day is what I always get anxious about because I know how it is but this time I had only been drinking for a week straight. Before it was months to years everyday until I get sick and have to stop.:lolbron:
Maybe that's why I didn't have a seizure this time I went cold turkey just insomnia and racing thoughts. I truly started drinking again because I was bored.
:gucci:
If I have the day off or unemployed with $ on me I say to myself it's hot out just get 1 cold beer.:yeshrug:
IT NEVER ENDS UP JUST ONE!
That literally was my trigger the last two times.:francis: Only reason I stopped this time like everytime is because I don't have any money left.
:mjcry:
I'm gonna up this thread about everyday or try to. The real test is what I do when I have $ in my pocket and I know it. That's when I'm prolly gonna be on here heavy. I might need to actually talk to someone on the phone.:mjgrin: Shout out to everyone forreal.

:salute:

Last edited:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I'm really lucky because I don't get the mellow high most people get from drinking instead I just feel tired and sleepy proceeded by terrible headache.

Yup, me too. I can only imagine how much trouble I've avoided being in due to this.

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
Moderation is the key. :yeshrug:
Unless you're addicted.

I've done this dance with the devil off and on over the years. The overwhelming majority of the time, I "win" and everything's cool. On to the next day...

It's not the 99 times nothing bad happened that matters. It's that 1 time in 100 that you went too far, in the wrong situation, with the wrong person/people when you can really fukk up your life.

Damage to property, hurting someone, loss of health/life, loss of relationship, loss of job, loss of reputation/respect, PRISON!
:to:

So yeah, moderation is for people without a problem.

For most confessionals in here (including myself), "moderation" is the trigger with one in the chamber.

Sobriety is probably the key.
:blessed:

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
Well yesterday was my first day without a drink and it was fukking shytty like it always is.:snoop: Couldn't stop thinking about drinking. Sweating and thinking about all the shyt bad I've done in my life non stop. No appretite, bored out of my mind, and dehydrated. Paranoid and afraid to check my coli messages don't ask me why. Kept my phone all the way off. Just all around in a depressed state of mind. Today I feel better and I'm back eating. I went out today and ran errands which is good. Tomorrow is going to be better. That first day is what I always get anxious about because I k ow how it is but this time time o had only been drinking for a week. Before it was months to years. Maybe that's why I didn't have a seizure this time just insomnia and racing thoughts. I truly start drinking because I literally have the day of or unemployed with $ on me so I say to myself. Well it is hot out just get a cold 1.:yeshrug:
That literally was my trigger the last two times.:francis: Only reason I stopped this time like everytime is because I don't have any money left.:mjcry: I'm gonna up this thread about everyday or try to. The real test is what I do when I have $ in my pocket and I know it. That's when I'm prolly gonna be on here heavy. I might need to actually talk to someone on the phone.:mjgrin: Shout out to everyone forreal.

I respect you for your honesty. Keep posting your thoughts here breh. I'll keep reading and supporting. No judgement if/when you slip up. Just don't go dark on us.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Well yesterday was my first day without a drink and it was fukking shytty like it always is.:snoop: Couldn't stop thinking about drinking. Sweating and thinking about all the shyt bad I've done in my life non stop. No appretite, bored out of my mind, and dehydrated. Paranoid and afraid to check my coli messages don't ask me why. Kept my phone all the way off. Just all around in a depressed state of mind. Today I feel better and I'm back eating. I went out today and ran errands which is good. Tomorrow is going to be better. That first day is what I always get anxious about because I k ow how it is but this time time o had only been drinking for a week. Before it was months to years. Maybe that's why I didn't have a seizure this time just insomnia and racing thoughts. I truly start drinking because I literally have the day of or unemployed with $ on me so I say to myself. Well it is hot out just get a cold 1.:yeshrug:
That literally was my trigger the last two times.:francis: Only reason I stopped this time like everytime is because I don't have any money left.:mjcry: I'm gonna up this thread about everyday or try to. The real test is what I do when I have $ in my pocket and I know it. That's when I'm prolly gonna be on here heavy. I might need to actually talk to someone on the phone.:mjgrin: Shout out to everyone forreal.

Yup, that sounds about right. I’ve been there. It sucks.

The seizure point lasts 5 days, so you’re not safe yet. If you get DTs, go to the hospital immediately. It’s not worth the risk.

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I drink heavy also....after you made this thread, I decided to quit with you brehs.....I had already be slowing down over the last 4 weeks(getting back in the gym lately also)....I'm getting old brehs and had my fun now i realize i need to focus on my health or i wont make it past 40. Salute to all you brehs going through and i hope you all can break the cycle

Lost His Smile

Stop Existing.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 12th Dimension
I work overnight (I get a pass for morning/day drinking) so Im gonna take these shots and drink a few cans of beer for you OP. Until I have to get back on my meds.

But good for you OP for abstaining from alcohol. :salute:

kaiji_s2_-_01_d721c8a7-mkv_snapshot_16-23_2014-05-20_17-41-07.jpg

Robo Squirrel

CEO @ Squirrel Burger: Fish & Chips
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco, CA
I drink heavy also....after you made this thread, I decided to quit with you brehs.....I had already be slowing down over the last 4 weeks(getting back in the gym lately also)....I'm getting old brehs and had my fun now i realize i need to focus on my health or i wont make it past 40. Salute to all you brehs going through and i hope you all can break the cycle

treezee

LWO
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels
Well yesterday was my first day without a drink and it was fukking shytty like it always is.:snoop: Couldn't stop thinking about drinking. Sweating and thinking about all the shyt bad I've done in my life non stop. No appretite, bored out of my mind, and dehydrated. Paranoid and afraid to check my coli messages don't ask me why. Kept my phone all the way off. Just all around in a depressed state of mind. Today I feel better and I'm back eating. I went out today and ran errands which is good. Tomorrow is going to be better. That first day is what I always get anxious about because I know how it is but this time time I had only been drinking for a week. Before it was months to years. Maybe that's why I didn't have a seizure this time just insomnia and racing thoughts. I truly start drinking because I was bored.
:gucci:
I have the day off or unemployed with $ on me so I say to myself. Well it is hot out just get a cold 1.:yeshrug:

Salute breh! I'm going on my 3rd day and maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan this shyt is crazy hard. :sadcam: I literally have a convo with myself as I pass by the liquor stores heading home from the office. I even went to the supermarket yesterday and walked pass the liquor aisle, didn't even look. shyts hard but I'll tell you what tho...in the morning I feel like I won the battle :ahh::win:instead of feeling like the same groggy fiend :wtf:. Hey I knew I needed to get a grip on this shyt and I feel so good that I've had a solid start (so far!! :francis:). Keep it up breh @MOZZY'S MUSTACHE I'm ridin wit cha! :salute: