Look I'm a straight drank-a-holic and I'm sipping my last drink as we speak.

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
God damn, the restless nights are the toughest :francis: and the general boredom. As a daily drinker the boredom and routine to fill that void is hard to break. Did a week without a drank couple times earlier this year, after work feeling like now what :martin:
(altho I felt really rested once I did sleep). That first drink tho, shyt quickly went from:snoop: to :manny: to:smugfavre:

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
Man I'd also join in (tolerance lowering break) but got a handle of vodka and 3 boxes of Heineken and 3 amstels light boxes (free with Heine purchase) at home. Got me a zip of blue dream 2 weeks ago to drink less, experiencing mixed results so far :mjlit: shyt is high powerred, gotdamn gotta have a drink just to level out lol
Support.

If you get bad withdrawals you may want to visit the hospital or your doctor. People can get delirium tremens with rapid withdrawal.

I don't drink anymore because I began to drink too much at a time (binge drinking) roughly 3x a week, and drinking a 5th everyday almost began to make sense.

I personally visit /r/stopdrinking for encouragement to not 'relapse', though I would not consider my urge to binge drink as severe as that of many others.

It's been 9 months.
I'm definitely gone check that link, there's some good threads here too on the subject.

TL15

Veteran
Daps
substitute one addiction for the next and trade up :blessed:

Give up alcohol for working out...:manny:

every time you want a singular drink...do some push ups...:ohhh:
every time you would go out for drinks...go to the gym:jbhmm:

Then get obsessed with the gym, until you are a health freak :ooh:

and then trade in your health freak obsession to instagram to become a paid influencer:sas1:

every time you go to the gym...take selfies
every time you work out...post

and then eventually you'll make a ton of money off of being an influencer :myman:

start your own health based business (again...obsess over it)
become a business titan :damn:

and then once you conquer the business world... have a drink :banderas:

Daps
God damn, the restless nights are the toughest :francis: and the general boredom. As a daily drinker the boredom and routine to fill that void is hard to break. Did a week without a drank couple times earlier this year, after work feeling like now what :martin:
(altho I felt really rested once I did sleep). That first drink tho, shyt quickly went from:snoop: to :manny: to:smugfavre:
The nightmares are terrible. Not worth taking up drinking again, for me.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@MOZZY'S MUSTACHE

I used to drink a lot like 4 or 5 times a week. Later on I get sick and tired of it cause I noticed my weight started to gain up (was 215 pounds), my right foot got gout cause of drinking and shyt is pain in the ass. Hard time to walk for like 4 days. I decided to cut the beer off and decide to drink only on the weekend or just go out for the party, etc. Then I wanna do exercises on bike, jog, weight lifting, etc. like 4 times a week and change my diet to lose weight.

Now I weight 190 pounds. Feel so fukking great and feel so fukking clean had me :ohlawd:

@Ciggavelli

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can someone tell me how to get sober and stay that way. I already know withdraw is coming. I black out and don't remember anything for hours.

Find things to do that inspire you/keep busy, when you get sober shyt might seem just hella boring w/o the drink so doing stuff that you enjoy will keep your mind off of relapsing. And also find out what triggers to you to drink.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I recently completed a 90 rehab program for alcoholism. Let me say this, I went to detox last year and it only kept me sober for about a month. With this 90 day program, I really got to know about addiction, trauma, etc. I was going to AA twice a day, going to intensive group sessions every day, etc. You really have to work on your sobriety. It is not an easy thing.

Also, I do not recommend stopping cold turkey. With alcohol, you can die from the withdrawals. If you're shaking at all, go to the hospital and have them do a medical detox. I was shaking like crazy when I didn't drink, and I knew I was going to have a seizure if I didn't get help. I detoxed for 8 days (which is basically double the time that normal alcoholics detox. I had a problem, for real :merchant:)

So, I suggest going to rehab and taking your sobriety very seriously. Go to AA, groups, therapist, etc.

Tomorrow will by my 4th month sober. It hasn't been easy, but being sober is so much better than being drunk all day. :blessed:

Good luck, breh

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
@MOZZY'S MUSTACHE why do you drink? Nothing is going to change until you know and address that. That issue can push you into obsessive exercise or something else. You have to address the root cause. Everything flows from that.
I always scan a thread to see if someone already said what I was going to, and it took me to page 3 to find this...

It's all about understanding the TRIGGERS that make you want to drink, then addressing those one-by-one.

I literally just did this a few months ago, with the help of talking to my therapist... and I discovered some surprising triggers.

I already knew the wife acting cray was a trigger. I already knew the kids acting cray was a trigger.

But BOREDOM? Being THIRSTY? Being LONELY?

Those surprised me.

And the BIG one...

Not being a great as I know I'm supposed to be and not being on purpose every day. Taking action, creating, doing, improving, self-expressing...

Yeah.

:ohhh:

PS. It's still a struggle. Especially with the wife and home life, tbh.