Look I'm a straight drank-a-holic and I'm sipping my last drink as we speak.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I want to drop the alcohol but still want to go out to social settings like a bar or club, I usually order a non alcoholic drink. The bartenders look at you weird but oh well :yeshrug:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's funny (and enlightening) to read my posts in here A YEAR BEFORE I got sober.

June 3rd, 2019 I had my final drink. I'm 53 days sober today.

The writing was on the wall. You could hear the internal struggle I was going through. My conscience knew I needed to quit, but my addict mind and human ego was using all the tricks to keep me enslaved to the IPA.

The #1 thing I noticed that keeps people fukked up in the game of drinking and drugs, is a lack of education (or worse, mis-education) on what alcoholism and addiction REALLY are. The shyts a real disease brehs. A disease of the mind. Alcoholism affects approximately 1 in 10 people. General addiction affects many more.

Instead of preaching to you, I'll just drop info in here and answer any questions you have on the subject.

If you told me a year ago I'd never have another drink again, I'd have cracked open a beer and spit in your face with laughter. Now I cannot imagine ever drinking that poison again. My mind, my energy, my body, my skin, my sex game, my family, my kids, my everything is 100s of times better now that I stopped drinking (and smoking).

First info nugget: something I posted in another thread...

The leader of the American drug policy made this statement in 2012, which was highlighted in the documentary "The Anonymous People"

“We know from the research that’s conducted by some of the world’s leading neuroscientists that drug addiction — it’s not a moral failing on the part of the individual. It’s a chronic disease of the brain and it can be treated. This isn’t my opinion and it’s not a political statement. It’s not really open to debate because the evidence is clear, and it is unequivocal. It’s a fact borne out by decades of study and research and it is a fact that neither government nor the public can ignore.”

But ain't nobody listening though. The majority of peeps still see addicts as losers and deadbeats, which stops most of them from getting the help they need. Pretty sad, tbh.

Start here: Disease theory of alcoholism - Wikipedia and keep educating yourself. Wikipedia calls it a "theory" but that shyt is a proven fact as much as any other mental disorder we accept as truth.​

:wow: :salute:

@Ciggavelli

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I come from a family of alcohol abuse and I pretty much know I am a slave to my impulses, or at least I can be if I let it.

I do my best to control it - I am far from perfect but taking care of my health has helped a lot. I cut my drinking by a large amount. I may one beer at the end of the week on a Friday sometime, or have a couple at social events with friends/family.

I used to take anti depressants when I first started to ease back, but after 6 months got my mind right and stopped taking them. That withdrawl period of those meds were CRAZY if you have ever had to go thru it. I now manage the stress from exercise, a little weed, and meditation.

Last edited:

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
If I want to drop the alcohol but still want to go out to social settings like a bar or club, I usually order a non alcoholic drink. The bartenders look at you weird but oh well :yeshrug:

All you gotta say is you are the designated driver. You will get all the drinks you want for free.

P90

Automatic Ultra Reflex
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk where I’m from / Bahston where I’m at
July 21 2018 was my last drink, weed even longer. This. Shyt. The. WOAT. People say throw your life into work, working out, hobbies but cotdamn...my entire life a homework assignment.

Interacting with anyone socially a chore. So how do brehs do it? How do you socialize without alcohol?

bangbreh

motorboat extraordinaire
Daps
Reppin
somewhere between a pair of D cup tiddies
July 21 2018 was my last drink, weed even longer. This. Shyt. The. WOAT. People say throw your life into work, working out, hobbies but cotdamn...my entire life a homework assignment.

Interacting with anyone socially a chore. So how do brehs do it? How do you socialize without alcohol?
You become independent:yeshrug:
I don't fukk with people like that.
I got work friends, cool with everybody. They all have their own lives and motives, and I have mine.
If they aren't furthering your progress in life, then they're a hindrance.
You gotta find peace within yourself first and all that other shyt will figure itself out in time.
If you need an Entourage type of click then that's on you. Find a new sober click:manny:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
It's funny (and enlightening) to read my posts in here A YEAR BEFORE I got sober.

June 3rd, 2019 I had my final drink. I'm 53 days sober today.

The writing was on the wall. You could hear the internal struggle I was going through. My conscience knew I needed to quit, but my addict mind and human ego was using all the tricks to keep me enslaved to the IPA.

The #1 thing I noticed that keeps people fukked up in the game of drinking and drugs, is a lack of education (or worse, mis-education) on what alcoholism and addiction REALLY are. The shyts a real disease brehs. A disease of the mind. Alcoholism affects approximately 1 in 10 people. General addiction affects many more.

Instead of preaching to you, I'll just drop info in here and answer any questions you have on the subject.

If you told me a year ago I'd never have another drink again, I'd have cracked open a beer and spit in your face with laughter. Now I cannot imagine ever drinking that poison again. My mind, my energy, my body, my skin, my sex game, my family, my kids, my everything is 100s of times better now that I stopped drinking (and smoking).

First info nugget: something I posted in another thread...

The leader of the American drug policy made this statement in 2012, which was highlighted in the documentary "The Anonymous People"

“We know from the research that’s conducted by some of the world’s leading neuroscientists that drug addiction — it’s not a moral failing on the part of the individual. It’s a chronic disease of the brain and it can be treated. This isn’t my opinion and it’s not a political statement. It’s not really open to debate because the evidence is clear, and it is unequivocal. It’s a fact borne out by decades of study and research and it is a fact that neither government nor the public can ignore.”

But ain't nobody listening though. The majority of peeps still see addicts as losers and deadbeats, which stops most of them from getting the help they need. Pretty sad, tbh.

Start here: Disease theory of alcoholism - Wikipedia and keep educating yourself. Wikipedia calls it a "theory" but that shyt is a proven fact as much as any other mental disorder we accept as truth.​
Congrats breh :salute:

I'm at 1.5 years of complete sobriety. shyt really is like night and day. I'm so much clear minded and can focus so fukking well. I am killing it at work, finishing things ahead of time, creating very high quality reports, etc. I wasn't bad at work before, but I was at like 50% when drinking/using, but now I'm at like 115%.

Though, I always have to remember I'm in recovery and that it will be hard at times. It is hard at times, especially when you go out with friends/co-workers and can't partake. Also, about once a week, I dream about drinking. shyt's kinda fukking me up, but I guess it just goes to show that addiction is still affecting my sub-conscious. They say you never stop being an alcoholic; you are either is recovery or in your addiction. I guess that's true. I always put my year chip in my pocket every morning to remind myself of how far I have come.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston

I'm 1.5 years sober, and I haven't figured out how to hang out with people yet. It seems like everybody just wants to drink when we hang out. I try to avoid being around alcohol, so I stopped hanging out with friends. They say you need to make a new group of friends who are sober. But, other than AA folks, where do you find sober friends? I'm over the year mark, so apparently it's okay for me to start dating again, but I haven't (haven't found the right girl I guess). I'm curious to see how relationships go in sobriety. :jbhmm:

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
Just curious, before you guys went sober what was the extent of your drinking habits? Hearing and seeing success stories especially if your drinking habits were bad, is motivation for me. I used to drink a 6-pack every day like 2 years ago but eventually tapered. I still drink a 6-pack (usually 7% or higher; IPA drinker) on the weekends but even with that, I feel like it’s too much. It’s just hard imagining never drinking again is all, especially since I’m so used to it.

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Just curious, before you guys went sober what was the extent of your drinking habits? Hearing and seeing success stories especially if your drinking habits were bad, is motivation for me. I used to drink a 6-pack every day like 2 years ago but eventually tapered. I still drink a 6-pack (usually 7% or higher; IPA drinker) on the weekends but even with that, I feel like it’s too much. It’s just hard imagining never drinking again is all, especially since I’m so used to it.

My problem was progressive. I didn't start drinking until my college years. I got drunk on Thursdays and Saturdays (those were the best days where it was poppin). Then as I got older I would start drinking more than those two days a week. There were events, after work socials, etc - all of which usually involved booze. Fast forward to when you settle down and stay home and have kids - that was where things started to get tricky. I was a first time home owner, feeling good about myself - and started turning up more for some reason. My son was small and my wife did the lions share of the work. I pretty much went phuckin crazy drinking everyday. I don't need to get into specifics, but I was very destructive to myself during that time.

Only now after 5-6 years after I am understanding how if I kept it going on that same direction it would be bad. I know its hard being a father of 2, a husband, having to provide for your children with the best opportunities you can provide them. THAT AINT NO EXCUSE! I think that is why some of us drink - the pressure of life is a muthaphucka, especially if you want to do the right thing.

After all the bullshyt, its never over if you want to make changes. I don't care how old/young you are when you are ready do it.

bangbreh

motorboat extraordinaire
Daps
Reppin
somewhere between a pair of D cup tiddies
18 packs were gettin killed every day during the week :martin:
Weekends :hubie: