Look I'm a straight drank-a-holic and I'm sipping my last drink as we speak.

Day_Walker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just gonna bring back an old thread cause I'm feeling pretty fukked up atm and been drinking for a few days straight. Any the of the brehs In this thread got kids? My son is almost 4 and is becoming aware of what's going on around the house and what alcohol is ( or what it causes me to become). For the last few months when ever he sees me with a drink in my hand he gets upset and says "dad, no beer". Most of the time I'll play it off and joke around with him but deep inside I'm feeling :mjcry: at what a selfish a$$hole I've become.

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
Just gonna bring back an old thread cause I'm feeling pretty fukked up atm and been drinking for a few days straight. Any the of the brehs In this thread got kids? My son is almost 4 and is becoming aware of what's going on around the house and what alcohol is ( or what it causes me to become). For the last few months when ever he sees me with a drink in my hand he gets upset and says "dad, no beer". Most of the time I'll play it off and joke around with him but deep inside I'm feeling :mjcry: at what a selfish a$$hole I've become.
I do breh. My son not too far off that cognisance, he 2.5 :wow:

Just that thought alone hurts. My girl say he already there but I'm not that convinced yet.
But it's usually a glass in my hand he sees, liquor is my preference. Last week he busted open one my cans of beer with the trucks of my skateboard.

Day_Walker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I do breh. My son not too far off that cognisance, he 2.5 :wow:

Just that thought alone hurts. My girl say he already there but I'm not that convinced yet.
But it's usually a glass in my hand he sees, liquor is my preference. Last week he busted open one my cans of beer with the trucks of my skateboard.
This is one of the incidents that has made me aware of the amount of mental gymnastics we play to convince ourselves it's not so bad in regards to other signs that are there. I actually had a long hard think about the number of relatives that have individually told me to cut back or quit over the last few years and i would get defensive and had convinced my self everyone else was wrong and i was right.

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
This is one of the incidents that has made me aware of the amount of mental gymnastics we play to convince ourselves it's not so bad in regards to other signs that are there. I actually had a long hard think about the number of relatives that have individually told me to cut back or quit over the last few years and i would get defensive and had convinced my self everyone else was wrong and i was right.
You are right breh. I'm right there with you on justifying it, and I do so by saying how im taking care my responsibilities so they have no right to tell me, and need it to function in this messed up world, keep me getting up going to work and dealing with these crackers.
But then I know there's trade offs I've come to terms with too, or more accurately put them out my mind. There is a degradation in life and experience over time and what could be. Part of me hopes I don't live (long enough) to regret it. And then I think I'm too old to change, and I don't really want to either.

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
I've fallen off in the last month brehs....been getting fukked up Friday, Saturday & Sunday...:snoop:

The after effects of the come down is fukked, lack of appetite, insomnia & my thoughts are thinking devilish ways :to:

Need to get back on points...starts from this week :blessed:

Daps
Damn bruh why the hell you bump this thread....must be a sign....in April I went 32 days sober but since May I been going in....I’m faded as hell right now...I’m planning on stopping after today for another 30 days...hang in there bruh...I’ll bump this weekend if I’m still in it