Look I'm a straight drank-a-holic and I'm sipping my last drink as we speak.

treezee

LWO
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels
Am hoping the best for you breh. Have wanted to stop so many times but haven't been strong enough yet, without going into too much detail. Keep the motivation right and follow through. Here i am, day drinking a bottle of vodka and reading about quitting, knowing damn well I'll be at the counter with a jug and some cash when this thing runs out.

I used to hear people say this bullshyt all the time but it's the truth..."One Day At A Time". Here's to me leaving the office right now and passing up all the liquor stores successfully. Wish me luck brehs!

FRIED MASON

Superstar
Daps
For those who are stopping drinking completely, what are you replacing it with...?

(Besides staying busy and exercise, which are good)

For a minute, I was replacing beer with Pelligrino (carbonated beverage with a fruit juice infusion).

That was ok. We also do the sparkling water thing, which is ok too just not as good.

I suppose this is mainly for the beer drinkers, so how are you replacing your habit?

Smoke some weed. :mjgrin:

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
I used to hear people say this bullshyt all the time but it's the truth..."One Day At A Time". Here's to me leaving the office right now and passing up all the liquor stores successfully. Wish me luck brehs!

It's true tho. People fukk up not being realistic with themselves. That's why I was never one for that Oh I'm a have this last drink at 11:59 pm on the 31's of December then on the first I'm going to the gym. Getting right with the lord, eating nothing but fruit and fresh produce, quit smoking, stop drinking. THATS IMPOSSIBLE. well not impossible but it's only probably 5% of people on earth built like that. You didn't become fat over night, you didn't become a crack head over the course of a week, you didn't become an alcoholic over the course of a month or a weed head over the course of a month. All of this shyt is years in the making. You can't reverse years of anything in a day and to even try is just asinine. You got fukked up over time, and it's gonna take time to reverse those destructive habits. The problem is we live in a microwave society in more ways than one. If you are 30 been under employed your entire life, have no skills and decide to turn your life around there isn't a single trade you can master in a day that can help you economically. What you have to do is set BIG goals long term, and try your best to win short term goals in the mean time. If you been an alcoholic for 20 years, what's 6 months till sobriety. If you making 7.25hr whats 10 months to making 9.50-10 dollars an hour. in 2 years it might be 20 an hr. But you got to be patient.

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
Didn't drink all last week...

But once again, I knocked out a bunch of projects and stuff this week. Aced an important test. Dealt with some family emergencies like a boss. So it was time for a reward come Friday.

I had an Arrogant b*stard 22oz, and a few classes of red with the wife.
:takedat:

Today, Sat, she has a bunch of her family over the crib. And while I fukks with her fam, that shyt makes me want to get toasted too. Plus they brought booze.
:mjlol:

But I'm not trying to be 100% sober right now, so no regrets. I haven't smoked my beloved cannabis in over 2 months, so yeah, I'ma drink on a Friday and Saturday if the situation calls for it. You ain't taking all my vices at once!

It's when I'm chugging two 22oz beers at 10am on a Tuesday that we have a problem, Houston!
:whoa:

focusloco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NORTH LAS VEGAS
Not gonna drink tonight. Switching to 10 hour shifts might finally be what gets me to cut down. I be feeling like shyt the next day :francis:, first non drinking day in like two weeks
I work 10 hour shifts ....when I switched I just started drinking them faster :francis:...good luck to you tho man...hope it works out

ATownD19

The Black King You Love To Hate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Universe