Look I'm a straight drank-a-holic and I'm sipping my last drink as we speak.

treezee

LWO
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels
Serious question breh....because my wife (and many other people) say the same thing.

Assuming you consume the exact same amounts...

Why is "social drinking" considered better than drinking alone?

I do both. Social drinking and drinking alone. In my history, the times I've gotten the most fukked up to the point of forgetting what happened the night before...has almost always been in a social setting.

Is it some drinking alone is for losers, while drinking with friends is cool and ok? Is it because you consume more when you're alone? (remember the premise of the question). What is it?

Question is not just for you, anyone chime in on this -- because that thought process fascinates me.

Because if I don't limit myself to only social drinking I will drink EVERY SINGLE fukkIN DAY!! If I hold myself to only drinking while in a social setting I may drink once or twice a month! Get it now? That's why my mission is not drinking alone. There's nothing wrong with someone drinking alone at all...it's not "for losers". It's just my way of putting a limit on MYSELF.

FlimFlam

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually went through alcohol withdraw before...i got super sick unrelated to drank and had to dump some opiod pills to relive pain for just one night..im supa square, so i wasnt finna mix that shyt...i cold turkey dropped alcohol for like a month to not have that both in my system at the same time ...drank crazy water

After abt a week, in the cold mind you, i started sweating profusely while trying to sleep...to the point i had to tie a shirt around my head to catch it, a bandana wasnt enough...luckily it was only a few days of that....

Jus a heads up for the potential of that happening

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
Because if I don't limit myself to only social drinking I will drink EVERY SINGLE fukkIN DAY!! If I hold myself to only drinking while in a social setting I may drink once or twice a month! Get it now? That's why my mission is not drinking alone. There's nothing wrong with someone drinking alone at all...it's not "for losers". It's just my way of putting a limit on MYSELF.
Ok, fair enough.
:ehh:

I used to do the "only Fridays and Saturdays" thing. Probably will slide back to that. Similar thing.

Quick story: The other day I was at the local sports bar watching UFC Cormier vs Miocic, and I had my entire "3 drink strategy" all mapped out. I planned to be there several hours so I couldn't just refill my beer the second I finished one or I'd be toasted before the main card came on.

The bartender kept coming by asking "do you want another"?

Hell yeah, I want another...but I was disciplined. I literally said to her, "I'll have my next beer at the start of the 2nd round of the next fight".

The couple sitting next to me looked at me, and was like...
:ohhh::jbhmm:

"That's a good idea", the girlfriend said to me.

I also had a "drink a cup of water in between beers" rule in play too. Once I told the bartender what I was up to, she was very cooperative and kept my waters refilled w/o me asking.

Had a very responsible drinking night that night, and felt good about implementing my strategy.
:myman:

Robo Squirrel

CEO @ Squirrel Burger: Fish & Chips
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco, CA
Serious question breh....because my wife (and many other people) say the same thing.

Assuming you consume the exact same amounts...

Why is "social drinking" considered better than drinking alone?

I do both. Social drinking and drinking alone. In my history, the times I've gotten the most fukked up to the point of forgetting what happened the night before...has almost always been in a social setting.

Is it some drinking alone is for losers, while drinking with friends is cool and ok? Is it because you consume more when you're alone? (remember the premise of the question). What is it?

Question is not just for you, anyone chime in on this -- because that thought process fascinates me.
Mfs who don't drink talk shyt. If you drink you get it. I don't feel like typing hella shyt but there it is. Somebody else can elaborate on that.

litty

Pro
Daps
This helps, doesn't fix it, but it helps. Stay busy. Find hobbys, take care of business, clean, help out family members. The easiest is if I can stack errands out for the whole day then finish the day with a workout. By the time I'm home, it's so late and I'm too tired to even get wasted. Keeping busy is also a great way to lose weight.

This works for me as well.

I realized, if I'm going to go 100% dry, I need something to replace drinking as a REWARD for hard work/completing a project. That's the trigger that's getting me know.

This is the most difficult thing for me, and I still haven't found a solution. I often think, 'I'm stressed... I should go get some kush now' but I'm fighting it. Even when I haven't legitimately gone under duress.

I'm just taking care of myself doing as much as I can everyday. I want to work out buuuuuuut I'm recovering from a dislocated left shoulder/ fractured humorous bone so my arm is in a sling right now a$$hole!
:mjlol:
Hang in there... That is kind of a lot to deal with.

Also keep it up @Maddmike and @Prez2032

lespaulultra3

All Star
Daps
I started following this thread earlier this week and haven't drunk since Sunday evening. It feels good. What's been working for me is staying busy to the point where I'm not thinking about alcohol. By the end of the day, I'm to exhausted to drink. I'm trying to cut down because I'm one of those guys that can drink every day from morning to night