‘Longlegs’ (dir. by Oz Perkins) | Maika Monroe & Nicolas Cage | NEON [7/12]

JealousOnesEn_V

HTX Certified
Daps
I saw this today. It was fine. I have a feeling Trap would be more entertaining. I think I was just too hyped for this one. Not what I expected.

Longlegs has amazing cinematography and a better soundtrack, but it's not as scary as it should be (would argue it gets less scary the longer it goes on). It's a dope story though but the more I think about, the more I wished it just hit harder.

Trap is fun but turn your brain off and you have to accept M Night Shamalyanisms like struggling with ending it and heavily promoting his daughter's wish to be a popstar. Josh Hartnett kills it though, it's more a lowkey comedy than thriller or horror.

Like others have said, Trap is more entertaining by far. Long legs is a solid flick though but can drag along at times.

Ended up seeing Trap on Sunday. It was entertaining, just had to turn off my brain and not be overly critical lol.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It had the right ingredients but it doesn't stick the landing at all. Ending was half predictable/half this event even interesting.

Usually its the other way around with horror movies, even when the idea is good they don't get the budget to really execute on that level. It seems like this they were flush with money but the concept was :francis:

Not sure how this got this type of funding.
It was made for under $10M

El Jefe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is literally one of the most hyped and worst movies I’ve ever watched

Kouldnt wait for the movie to come to a end

Severely disappointed

Long legs more like long winded .. it didn’t contain any of the edge of the seat or intensity from the trailers
I’ll give them credit for the visuals setting some what of a tone but the best moments were in the trailers

And Nichols cage character was horrible :francis::hhh::pacspit:

I must gettin old as well but who the fk thinks up this shxt :dead:

Daps
This would've been far better off as a series, where they could've taken time to develop the characters, storyline and lore, because every single possible element is undermined by its limited running time. We're thrown from scene to scene without much exposition and cinematic-stomach to digest what's going on (let alone care), that it never really builds up any real suspense or intrigue.

Daps
I liked this. At times the plot felt a little thin to me and it was getting over more on the vibes/aesthetic but that's ok. Still a good watch.

Also Cage was good but I find it hard to separate him from the hammy Nic Cage persona. I see him in a movie and immediately start laughing, when he started singing had me dead lol
It would've been better served to give him more screentime where he had subtle, mysterious moments, rather than just having him ham it up everytime he was on screen. Those 'crazed moments' would've hit harder because it would've been a slow build into his descent, rather than have him in that state everytime we see him.

The forced monologues quickly became corny too.

I was really hoping we'd see a different Nic Cage in this one, but it became obvious after his first appearance what persona he'd be playing throughout.