‘Longlegs’ (dir. by Oz Perkins) | Maika Monroe & Nicolas Cage | NEON [7/12]

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
same with me. I enjoyed the hell out of barbarian. This one just didn’t do it for me. The beginning of the movie made me feel I was about to be in for do,e shyt and fell flat,
Same. After that first scene when it approached her I thought it was gonna be a classic. Extremely mid. The entire mother storyline was annoying

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
:trash:

Silence of the Lambs is my GOAT movie and I bought into the hype that this was cut from the same cloth so I went in blind... naw

The whole theme of "birthday horror" went nowhere and the supernatural connection to the dolls did little to add to the horror outside of the creepiness of the dolls themselves. The leads did a good job and the cinematography and editing were on point but the screenplay had nothing to say.

It was a real frustrating watch because it could have been a great film. Something was missed in the editing or the screenplay.

The worst part of the film is near the end when theres a lame narrated exposition dump. Show don't tell is a good principle for most films unless talking is the point of the story.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Is this movie better then that JLo movie where she went into Kingpins mind and saw all that 69 God creepy shyt

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
It had the right ingredients but it doesn't stick the landing at all. Ending was half predictable/half this event even interesting.

Usually its the other way around with horror movies, even when the idea is good they don't get the budget to really execute on that level. It seems like this they were flush with money but the concept was :francis:

Not sure how this got this type of funding.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Which one yall recommend out of this and Trap to go watch later?
Longlegs has amazing cinematography and a better soundtrack, but it's not as scary as it should be (would argue it gets less scary the longer it goes on). It's a dope story though but the more I think about, the more I wished it just hit harder.

Trap is fun but turn your brain off and you have to accept M Night Shamalyanisms like struggling with ending it and heavily promoting his daughter's wish to be a popstar. Josh Hartnett kills it though, it's more a lowkey comedy than thriller or horror.