‘Longlegs’ (dir. by Oz Perkins) | Maika Monroe & Nicolas Cage | NEON [7/12]

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
To me, this is more aligned with movies like Seven, which thematically kind of hint at a deeper evil, but don't go there, even if the central villain kind of takes that role--- or Fraility, kind of a forgotten 2002 horror/serial killer/demonic thriller, or, like a mutual favorite, The X Files --in which the means of tracking the killer are all real, no superheroes, no special powers, and most of the killers methods are in the realm of plausible but with one part of supernatural. Toombs, The Pusher, that kind of shyt.

In Fraility, everything is real, with one key exception, but the movie essentially unfolds as a legit thriller.
Had the exact same thought about it’s alignment with Frailty which is really underrated probably because it just as unsettling and the ending is just as ambiguous.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
To me, this is more aligned with movies like Seven, which thematically kind of hint at a deeper evil, but don't go there, even if the central villain kind of takes that role--- or Fraility, kind of a forgotten 2002 horror/serial killer/demonic thriller, or, like a mutual favorite, The X Files --in which the means of tracking the killer are all real, no superheroes, no special powers, and most of the killers methods are in the realm of plausible but with one part of supernatural. Toombs, The Pusher, that kind of shyt.

In Fraility, everything is real, with one key exception, but the movie essentially unfolds as a legit thriller.
Long legs got more in common with the movie “mind cage” starring Martin Lawrence being possessed by a serial killer in prison than silence of the lambs.

Last edited:

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
:trash:

Silence of the Lambs is my GOAT movie and I bought into the hype that this was cut from the same cloth so I went in blind... naw

The whole theme of "birthday horror" went nowhere and the supernatural connection to the dolls did little to add to the horror outside of the creepiness of the dolls themselves. The leads did a good job and the cinematography and editing were on point but the screenplay had nothing to say.

IAMDetroit

"Yall Nig*as"
Daps
Reppin
D
Man this was dope. The DOP deserves some nods. The pacing was great imo. Even the plot was engaging.

Until it turned into a legit supernatural thriller.
fukk outta here with that devil shyt. Everytime

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I thought the movie was good and I don't even like "evil for the sake of being evil" movies. I wish it had just been a straight up thriller without the supernatural stuff though. The first 3rd of the movie was fukking A1 until they veered to much into that.

Cinematography was incredible. Every scene has this real...curated feel to it.

If they had made it a straight up thriller this might have been an instant classic. The first 35 min or so of this movie is the best thriller I've seen in years.

capblk

Rookie
Daps
This one made me very uneasy the first time I watched. Second viewing, I was able to appreciate it more since I wasn't on edge expecting something to jump out at the screen every other scene. Will pick this on up on Blu-Ray.