‘Longlegs’ (dir. by Oz Perkins) | Maika Monroe & Nicolas Cage | NEON [7/12]

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
This would've been far better off as a series, where they could've taken time to develop the characters, storyline and lore, because every single possible element is undermined by its limited running time. We're thrown from scene to scene without much exposition and cinematic-stomach to digest what's going on (let alone care), that it never really builds up any real suspense or intrigue.
I was just telling my girl this. I actually think the longlegs character is really solid and has crazy potential if it was done right.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Was this any good? My homie keeps telling me to watch, says it's "dark & bleak." Usually he has good recommendations, but i'm not paying $19 to rent this.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was this any good? My homie keeps telling me to watch, says it's "dark & bleak." Usually he has good recommendations, but i'm not paying $19 to rent this.
No. If a good story which actually makes sense and which is told in a compelling way is important to you, then this movie is complete utter trizzash.

If you're a really big Nicholas Cage fan and would like to see a glimpse of how he could still deliver a great performance and how he could've had a great role if the writing had been at least decent, then I guess the few minutes of him in the movie would be worth it.

We could probably assign writing one scene of a movie to a Coli poster each and write up a better movie over the weekend if we really wanted to. I'm just saying. :manny:

Daps
Reppin
Chi
if you pay anything to watch this you gon be mad as hell :pachaha: watch it for free mayne

No. If a good story which actually makes sense and which is told in a compelling way is important to you, then this movie is complete utter trizzash.

If you're a really big Nicholas Cage fan and would like to see a glimpse of how he could still deliver a great performance and how he could've had a great role if the writing had been at least decent, then I guess the few minutes of him in the movie would be worth it.

We could probably assign writing one scene of a movie to a Coli poster each and write up a better movie over the weekend if we really wanted to. I'm just saying. :manny:
Bet...I'll wait til I can see this for the free.

Superstar
Daps
It would've been better served to give him more screentime where he had subtle, mysterious moments, rather than just having him ham it up everytime he was on screen. Those 'crazed moments' would've hit harder because it would've been a slow build into his descent, rather than have him in that state everytime we see him.

The forced monologues quickly became corny too.

I was really hoping we'd see a different Nic Cage in this one, but it became obvious after his first appearance what persona he'd be playing throughout.

Trans Castor Troy on a meth binge

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I rocked with the atmosphere and main fbi chick in the early parts of the movie. 3rd act fell apart

This had the makings for a Good movie but felt like a project put together to get funding for something bigger. Like I don't feel this was made as lets make a good start to finish movie lol,

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I have questions.

1) Was Lee's house the first one he visited?
2) If her mother didn't make the deal what was his plan?
3) Where was this dude before he was living in their basement?
4) Why did the devil want to just kill little girls?
5) Did the devil tell him what their birthdays were?

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I'm sorry this would have been a better movie if the Devil wasn't the cause. It's like why are they doing this? "Evil." That's kinda boring.

Daps
I'm sorry this would have been a better movie if the Devil wasn't the cause. It's like why are they doing this? "Evil." That's kinda boring.
The cause is fine, it's how they went about it which was the problem. They were too damn literal.

They expedited all the exposition, and it's the reason why whatever mystique and dread they had created was undermined with shyt the "Hail Satan!". They even doubled down with that shyt right at the end, had me screwing up my face and everything. You can hammer it with allusion, but the moment you bring out a hammer where you're telling the audidence what it is, well, that nail ends up going in sideways.

It's why I always say - the monster under your bed is always scarier if you never get to see it.

Which is why less is more in horror films; the more you force the viewer to use their imagination (with atmosphere and subtext) the more they will draw on their own fears, whereas literal images (or in this case, literal dialogue) don't have nearly the same effect.

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
yall gon learn these critics suck off any old movie to get premiere tickets for future releases. find individual critics you rock with whose taste generally aligns with yours and even then take their opinion with a grain of salt

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
yall gon learn these critics suck off any old movie to get premiere tickets for future releases. find individual critics you rock with whose taste generally aligns with yours and even then take their opinion with a grain of salt
Ahh yes. They all wanted seats on the ozgood Perkins train :comeon: