‘Longlegs’ (dir. by Oz Perkins) | Maika Monroe & Nicolas Cage | NEON [7/12]

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Both of these films lost a lot of steam towards the end I thought, after starting off so promising.
Late Night ending was so brilliant, tho. I loved the 4th wall break. The meta wasn't spelled out for you. I loved that it didn't turn into a slasher trapped in the studio set. The writing was tight and a great 90 minute horror film.

I find Late Night in a class of its own for 2024 horror films.

IAMDetroit

"Yall Nig*as"
Daps
Reppin
D
Late Night ending was so brilliant, tho. I loved the 4th wall break. The meta wasn't spelled out for you. I loved that it didn't turn into a slasher trapped in the studio set. The writing was tight and a great 90 minute horror film.

I find Late Night in a class of its own for 2024 horror films.
It was surprising to me. Had low expectations but it kept me engaged. Thought it would be a streamer but it was nice in the theater

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
I just watched it on 123movies and honestly I was really disappointed even tho this was my most hyped movie. Sorry I streamed the GOAT Nic Cage tho he was great

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
i was lowkey surprised it was a full house, at my theater lol. When i bought the tix it wasn't.

Word of mouth for this must be crazy good

Neon just did a great job marketing it. They posted those creepy cryptic teasers earlier in the year that caught people's attention. Hollywood should take note, less is more - give the audience some mystery to want to go to the theater and don't give away whole movies in trailers.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Neon just did a great job marketing it. They posted those creepy cryptic teasers earlier in the year that caught people's attention. Hollywood should take note, less is more - give the audience some mystery to want to go to the theater and don't give away whole movies in trailers.
Less is more for sure the movie would be way better if not for the ending

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I liked it. The slow and sometimes odd pacing could have been a bigger issue if not for the film totally nailing the ending. This is definitely the most unsettling horror concept I've seen since Hereditary. The thing that's really killing me is I remember reading a book or short story with the basic idea (demonic dollmaker, possession via a doll which has to be brought into the house, men/fathers targeted). For the life of me I can't remember the name but it was an old book/story.

I want to see it again because she was def being influenced the entire time. From the intuition in her first case which led to her being chosen for the case, to not being able to sleep, to the scene where something was left on her desk at home, to the psych ward visitor signing in with her name...

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked it. The slow and sometimes odd pacing could have been a bigger issue if not for the film totally nailing the ending. This is definitely the most unsettling horror concept I've seen since Hereditary. The thing that's really killing me is I remember reading a book or short story with the basic idea (demonic dollmaker, possession via a doll which has to be brought into the house, men/fathers targeted). For the life of me I can't remember the name but it was an old book/story.

I want to see it again because she was def being influenced the entire time. From the intuition in her first case which led to her being chosen for the case, to not being able to sleep, to the scene where something was left on her desk at home, to the psych ward visitor signing in with her name...
Reading up on the movie after I saw it, it was mentioned that Longlegs was the psych ward visitor and used her name