‘Longlegs’ (dir. by Oz Perkins) | Maika Monroe & Nicolas Cage | NEON [7/12]

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Im on the fence about the third scene because if u were to put yourself in her shoes considering everything that was revealed i can understand the whole WTF of the situation. Like the stakes just tripled and the rules were out of the window and i felt that helplessness in her character but i wouldve liked 10 more minutes of the ending to show what happens next
I think if the film didn't go so far out of its way to explain itself. I could buy in, but the whole flashback explaining every little detail

If it was ambiguous and we didn't know the answers. The final scene could of been good if it wasn't so forced and rush while being contrived. It should of been 15-20 minutes longer.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
planning to go Monday

waiting for the girl, shes a horror movie weird occult fan, so we should be good. gone out with her like 50 times in last 9 years so we know each other well enough, I just don't want the movie to be wack like a lot of hyped up horror shyt.

going to post about it if it's terrible experience but I will only have myself to blame.

Last edited:

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Watch this tonight and it legit left me feeling :lupe:

Not really scared but kinda creeped out. This movie was like “Silence Of The Lambs” meets “Se7en” meets “Sinister.”

The way the movie was shot was great. The way they had the camera stuck on Maika Monroe was uncomfortable. You felt uneasy every time the camera was on her and you felt her uneasiness through the screen.

Nicolas Cage deserves an Oscar nomination for his role. And he went FULL Nicolas Cage…but in a scary ass uncomfortable way. You will laugh at first :russ:..but then the longer you see him on screen you just go :dahell:….then you will be like :lupe:

This is one of them movies where I don’t ever wanna watch again. Last time I felt that way was with “Hereditary.”

I will say this movie will go down as a horror cult classic down the line.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This movie was such a roller coaster. I didn't know if my appreciation was waning in the 2nd act but the reveals in the 3rd act drew me back in. I loved how things are carefully revealed. Maiki's character was a little one note which is really my only gripe.

This is going to be a future classic horror movie for sure. Cage did his thing per usual with these out there horror pics. Mandy is still my favorite Nick Cage horror project

This felt more comparable to Rosemary's Baby in the end than Silence of the Lambs :ehh:

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Some of the comedic placement took me by surprise, lol. It’s cool that the film didn’t take itself too seriously, but heading into a flick like this, I definitely wasn’t expecting the humor to manifest itself in such fashion.

Those few scenes with Cage being his usual self were inevitable, but the manner in which the police went about arresting Longlegs felt like something out of a Coen Bros flick, lol.

The exchange between Agent Carter (Blair Underwood) and his wife near the end got an awkward laugh out of me and others, yet we were also moments away from witnessing a family murder on-screen. It was weird.

“No no, I’ll be right back. You’ll still be in the kitchen.”
:mjlol:
full

Jefe Blanco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I was impressed with the foreboding atmosphere and the rising tension, particularly during the first half. It was a truly immersive rollercoaster ride of evil energy. Nic Cage was simultaneously disturbing and silly. The third act loses much of the steam of the previous acts but this was still a top tier thriller.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Lotta scenes that were foreboding and the tension. :whew:

wish we got to see a little bit more of Cage, but what we got works.

The 1st 2 acts were great, The 3rd act tho
The movie definitely loses steam here. If they were gonna do the big childhood info dump they should have spliced some of that into the 1st 2 acts or added 10-15 mins more to the runtime. Outside of doing that I don't think they should have bothered with the info dump. Less would have been more for this. Not everything needed to be explained completely. Hell you got a pretty good idea of whats going on once the doc talks about the ball. But man the tension with Blair and his family, I thought Maika was gonna save em but nope :wow:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lotta scenes that were foreboding and the tension. :whew:

wish we got to see a little bit more of Cage, but what we got works.

The 1st 2 acts were great, The 3rd act tho
The movie definitely loses steam here. If they were gonna do the big childhood info dump they should have spliced some of that into the 1st 2 acts or added 10-15 mins more to the runtime. Outside of doing that I don't think they should have bothered with the info dump. Less would have been more for this. Not everything needed to be explained completely. Hell you got a pretty good idea of whats going on once the doc talks about the ball. But man the tension with Blair and his family, I thought Maika was gonna save em but nope :wow:

i think the info dump shouldve been spread out through out the movie then add another 10 minutes explaining why long legs chose them and why the mom made that deal since she is so religious Thats what i dont understand. Its like the devil picks on those who are the most afraid. it wasnt a meth head that took on that deal lol